Status: Im in the process of re-writing this story

An Arranged Marriage to the Principal's Son

Chapter 3

When Jessica and her parents get to Olive Garden they get out and walk inside. Jessica’s mom goes up to the hostess.

“Yes reservations for Smith party of 5?” Jessica’s mom says.

“Yes it will be a 15 minute wait.” The lady tells her.

“That’s fine we’re still waiting for 2.”

Then Jessica’s mom comes back over to them. They sit down on the seats provided. After about 5 minutes Mr. Harris and his son come in. Jessica’s parents get up and shake Mr. Harris’s hand.

“Hello Paul and Michelle how are you doing? Mr. Harris asks. They both respond ‘Fine’. Then Jessica’s mom gives her this look that says get up. Jessica stands.

“Hello Jessica.”

“Hello Mr. Harris.” Jessica says

“You remember my son Alex?” Mr. Harris asks the Smiths. They all nod and Jessica also blushes a little bit.

“Will your wife be joining us Max? Paul asks Mr. Harris.

“Uh no she wanted to but she was not feeling well.” He responds.

“Smith party of 5.” The lady calls. Jessica’s parents and Mr. Harris go first with Jessica and Alex in the rear.

“You look very nice Jessica. Pretty in fact.” Alex tells her.

“Um thanks you look nice too.” She tells him uncomfortably blushing a little bit. They get to the table then. Jessica ends up between Alex and her mother. Boy is that a disaster waiting to happen. After they order their drinks Jessica’s dad tries to make small talk.

“Alex your dad tells me you attend Wake Forest.” He says.

“Uh yes sir.” Alex says.

“What are you going there for?” Jessica’s mom asks.

“Physical Education. I want to be a gym teacher/ coach.” He says

“So Jessica what are your plans for next year?” Mr. Harris asks.

“Well I plan to start off at a community college and then maybe after a year transfer to a four year. I want to major in either Special Education or Occupational Therapy.” Jessica tells them all.

"That’s a very good plan.” Mr. Harris tells her. Jessica nods in agreement.

“Will you excuse me for a second? I need to use the ladies’ room.” Jessica tells them getting up.

“Hurry back.” Her mother tells her. Jessica then leaves. When she’s gone her parents talk to Mr. Harris about the kids future together.

“So what’s the plan of action?” Mr. Smith asks. Then Mr. Harris explains what he had explained to Alex in the car on the way there. When he’s done Mr. Smith thinks for a second.

“I don’t know. I’m not sure I like it. This is supposed to be an arranged marriage not an arranged dating thing.” Mr. Smith says frowning.

“OK well I think he should do it, but if she rejects him tonight then we’ll force them to marry.” Jessica’s mom says.

They then all agree on what Jessica’s mom just said except for Alex but he doesn't really have a say in the matter now does he? Then Jessica comes back to the table. Soon the waitress comes and takes everyone’s order. Jessica orders pizza. Yum! The grownups talk about whatever while Jessica and Alex just sit there. Soon Jessica feels a hand on her leg. She looks down and sees it’s Alex’s hand. After blushing a lot Jessica shifts around in her chair causing Alex to remove his hand. Jessica looks at him and he just smiles sweetly back at her. Then Mr. Harris gives Alex this look like ‘Do it now.’ Jessica fortunately doesn't see the look because instead she’s looking down at her lap. Alex nods at his dad. Then Alex turns to Jessica.

“Jessica.” Alex says. Jessica looks up at him.

“Can I talk to you privately?” He asks. Jessica nods getting up out of her chair. Alex gets up and the two go out into the entrance of the restaurant. Then Alex turns to Jessica.

“So I was wondering if uh you uh wanted to uh.” He can’t seem to get the words out. Jessica smirks at him.

“Wow the infamous Alex Harris at a loss for words? This is a first.” Then he takes a deep breath.

“Will you go out with me?” He finally says.

“Hm I don’t know.” She says tapping her chin.

“Please?” He almost pleads. She thinks for a second

“Nope find another chump to play with.” Jessica tells him walking back to the table.

When they get back to the table their food is there. Jessica sits down and digs into her food. After she chews the first couple of bites she looks over at Alex. He looks kind of down. He’s just kind of picking at his food. So Jessica puts her hand on his knee. He looks at her. She just smiles at him coyly. Then Mr. Harris speaks up.

“Well son? How did it go?” He asks Alex. Alex shakes his head.

“She said no.” Alex tells him. Then Mr. Harris sighs in frustration.

“Well since she won’t cooperate we’ll have to do this by force.” Mr. Harris says to Paul and Michelle. They nod. Jessica is a little confused by the conversation. Mr. Harris sees that Jessica is confused.

“Well Jessica when I made the deal to let you stay at Saint Monica’s there was a catch. You have to marry my son Alex.” Mr. Harris tells Jessica. Jessica can’t believe her ears. There was no way that she was going to marry that womanizer.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you but I’m not marrying Alex.” Jessica tells him.

“Honey you have to or you can’t stay at Saint Monica’s.” Her mother tells her.

“I don’t care I’m not marrying him.” Jessica tells him.

“You are or we’ll throw you out on the street.” Paul tells his daughter. Both Michelle and Jessica are shocked that he just said that.

“Fine so when is this stupid thing?” Jessica asks somewhat irritated now that she’s being forced to marry Alex Harris.

“The wedding is 3 days after you turn 17.” Mr. Harris tells her. Jessica grumbles.

Later as they go to walk to their separate cars Alex stops Jessica for a moment. Then he gets kind of close to her.

“I’m so looking forward to this marriage especially to the honeymoon.” He says creepily into her ear. Jessica shudders totally grossed out by him. He winks and then walks away. Jessica walks to the car.

On the way home Jessica is silent and refuses to speak to her parents especially her dad. When they get home Jessica goes straight to her room and slams her door.
♠ ♠ ♠
so here chapter 3. I'm sorry i didn't post it sooner but it took me a while to type up. Also i was very busy this weekend because my nephew was just born and i spent a lot of time going to see him. So rate, comment and subscribe.

Also please please be patient for chapter 4. I'll be posting a new journal entry as to why its so late.