Status: Im in the process of re-writing this story

An Arranged Marriage to the Principal's Son

Chapter 2

The Saturday before school is supposed to start Jessica and her mom go shopping for school supplies and stuff. Jessica had gotten her schedule the day before and so she had a basic idea of what she needed. They go to staples first and get all the necessary supplies along with some stuff for her locker. They got metal shelving, a wire basket, and a mirror. They pay for everything and leave. They get in the car and drive to the uniform shop. The guy who works here comes out of the back.

“Can I help you?” he asks.

“Yes we need new school shirts and a couple of skirts.” Jessica’s mom tells him.

This was the first year that Jessica was able to wear a skirt to school. Because prior to this moment Jessica had been heavier, but over the summer she lost a lot of weight. So now she was down to a size 8. After getting the correct sizes he goes into the back and brings out some clothing. Jessica tries the clothes on and then comes out and hands him the sizes that don’t fit. He goes in the back room and comes back out with 2 more that are the right size. They pay for everything and then leave. Jessica’s mom drives for a while. Jessica looks around. The house is nowhere near to where they are.

“Mom where are we going?” She asks.

“We have one more stop to make before we go home.” Her mom pulls up outside of an upscale dress store.

“Why are we here?” Jessica asks.

“We’re going to an important dinner tonight and I want you to look your best.” Her mother tells her. They go inside and immediately a lady comes up to them.

“Ah Mrs. Smith we have been expecting you.”

“Yes, this is my daughter Jessica.” Jessica says hello to the lady.

“So what kind of dress are you looking for?” the lady says completely ignoring Jessica

‘Rude much? What a bitch.’ Jessica thought. The lady definitely seemed like a snob.

“Yes well something not too long, classy, but at the same time sexy also with a slightly low neckline.” Her mom says. Jessica can’t believe her ears. Her mom actually wants her to look sexy?

The lady goes around the racks and pulls out different dresses and brings them back. The first one was powder blue and ugly. It had ruffles and a bow. They go through 5 dresses all uglier than the last.

“I’m sorry but they’re just not ‘it’.” Mrs. Smith tells the snobby lady.

The lady thinks for a second and goes in the back. She comes out with this baby pink dress. Jessica’s eyes light up when she sees it. It was perfect. Her mom seems to have the same idea. Jessica tries it on and it fits perfectly. It was a pink somewhat sparkly halter dress with a somewhat long snug waist that flowed out.

“I think I just found my new homecoming dress mom.” Jessica says.

“We’ll see but that dress is for tonight.” Her mom told her.

They paid for the dress and matching shoes and then they left. When they get in the car Jessica takes the keys from her mom.

“What are you doing?” Jessica’s mom asks.

“Answer my questions first and then I’ll give them back.”

“OK Shoot.” “Why is this dinner important?”

“I can’t tell you that.” Her mom responds

“But what I can tell you is that you need to look good for it and also you’ll find out everything tonight.” Then her mom grabs the keys and starts the car up. They get home and Jessica’s dad is already home.

“Hi daddy how was work?” Jessica asks taking off her shoes.

“Ugh stressful another 5 people got fired today.” Mr. Smith starts to walk away when Mrs. Smith clears her throat.

“Oh I almost forgot your mother and I got you something.” He says taking a ring box and then he hands it to her. She opens it and inside is a purity ring.

**Meanwhile**

“Alex there’s something I want to give you” his dad says. Alex opens the box and inside is a purity ring.

“Dad don’t you trust me?”

“Frankly son I’m not sure but please just wear it.

“OK dad” he says

Alex’s dad did this assuming brad was a virgin, but who really knows?

**Back to Jessica’s House**

“So what time is this dinner thing?” Jessica asks

“Dinner is at 6:00 but we’re leaving at 5:15. We’re going to Olive Garden.” Mrs. Smith says.

Jessica looks at the clock and sees its 4:00. Jessica dashes upstairs to get ready.

**Jessica’s P.O.V**

I had an hour to get ready. I go upstairs to my room and log onto my computer. Immediately I check my email. There was mostly junk mail but I had one from MySpace and one from Facebook. I open the one from MySpace first. It says I have a new message from Matt King. I smile. I met Matt last year at J.A.M. He’s 21 and really nice, him and his brother and friend all pledge abstinence as do I. Also did I mention their in a band? I log on MySpace and open the message from Matt.

It says:
‘Hey Jess How’s it going? Hope you have a good senior year. But listen I’m going to be in town tomorrow and wondered if you would go out with me in the afternoon. But let me know.'

I squealed in delight. I immediately hit the respond button.

‘Hey Matt, I would love to.’

I smile and go off to get ready for tonight. After taking a shower I get out and dry off. After I dry off I dry and curl my hair and then put on my undergarments. Then I do my makeup first. I put on purple eye shadow, black eyeliner, mascara and blush. When I get done I put on my white footless tights. They go down to about just below the knee and have lace on the bottom. I put my new dress on and look in the mirror.

‘Damn I look good.’ I think.

I sit down and get on facebook. I have a new friend request from Alex Harris. I sigh. Do I accept it or not? Because my freshman year he hurt me even if he did not realize it. I decide to accept it. I log off and then get on MySpace. There’s a new message from Matt.

‘Cool now I know you have church so I’ll pick you up at 2.’ I smile.

I log off and look at the clock. It’s 5:00 right now. I put my shoes on and look in the mirror one last time.

‘Alex eat your heart out.’ I think as I leave my room.

*Back to Main P.O.V*

Jessica goes out into the living room.

“Well how do I look?” She asks them in a sugary sweet voice. Her mom smiles.

“You look very nice sweetheart.” Her mom tells her.

“Daddy?” She asks. Her dad frowns.

“I don’t think so.”

“Why not daddy? You don’t like it?” She asks.

“Why don’t you wear the dress your mother bought you?” he asks.

“This is the dress she bought me.” Jessica says. Her dad stands there looking gob smacked.

Soon after that moment Jessica and her parents leave the house. On the way there Jessica’s parents talk about random grown up things while Jessica listens to her iPod. When they’re about 10 minutes away from the restaurant her mom tells her to turn the iPod off. She does so.

“So I know I don’t have to tell you but your father and I expect you to be on your best behavior.” Her mom tells her.

“Okay I promise.” Jessica tells them.

**Meanwhile**

“Alright so I have a feeling Jessica won’t take kindly to this arranged marriage so I want you to take it slow and just ask her out tonight. Then maybe in a few weeks ask her to be her girlfriend. Then in 3 to 4 months ask her to marry you.” Mr. Harris says to Alex on their way to Sandusky. Alex sighs in defeat.

“Dad do I really have to do this?” he asks

“Yes, Jessica is one of the top students in her class and that reflects well on the school. Besides if you don’t you won’t be able to date until your 30.” Mr. Harris threatens him. Alex sighs in defeat again.

“Alright I’ll do it.” He says.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessica's outfit