The *** of Johnny Ramone and Other Stories

The End...?

One Year Later
Frank's POV
I lit my cigarette and took a long drag from it. I could feel the nicotine rush through my body as I exhaled in satisfaction. I tapped tunelessly on the driving wheel in my car and stared at the graveyard. Soon I would have to go out there. The graveyard left alot to be desired; it was overgrown with weeds and was eerily quiet. It had begun to rain and I could hear the rain tapping against my car.

"A storm is brewing," I muttered under my breath as I pulled the handle and stepped outside. The icy wind brushed against me and whispered in my ear as I bent down to retrieve the bouquet of flowers on the seat next to me. They were red roses; his favourite. I walked over to his grave, slipping over a few times as the water made the dirt impenetrable. I laid down the roses and stepped back to try and admire the gravestone, but there was nothing to admire. Ivy had somehow grown over it so I could only see half of his name but I knelt down in the mud to see what was inscribed into the stone.

WAY
'We had all the time in the world.'


I couldn't see the dates but I didn't mind. I stood up and gave it one last look. Suddenly, someone's arms had entwined themselves around my waist and I could hear them whispering into my ear.
"I didn't think you'd come."
I leapt back.
It was Gerard.
He had survived the bullet wound as I had managed to save him from police arrest. We were both wanted by the police and I had lost everything; Bob, work, my friends... but that didn't matter, after all, we had each other. I sometimes saw Bob when I was outside but I was forbidden from seeing him. I missed him alot but I knew it was for the best.
Gerard bent down and carefully removed the ivy from the gravestone. Mikey Way, it read. I held Gerard's hand and his tears started falling down his cheeks.
"It'll be okay," I said.
"No it won't," Gerard choked. "I killed him. I'll never forgive myself."
"Mikey wouldn't want you to be upset. Cheer up, you're different now."
Gerard nodded and I wiped his tears with my sleeve. He gave me a small smile and I smiled back.
"'We had all the time in the world'," I said. "James Bond much?"
Gerard laughed and stood up. He gave one last look at the grave and walked back to my car. We sat in the back seat together, entwined and exchanging body heat.
"I love you," I whisperd, breaking the silence.
"I love you too," Gerard whispered. He kissed me on the lips and then travelled down to my tattoo and scar. I winced slightly but didn't stop him. He kissed me again on the lips, the kiss becoming deeper and more meaningful as the seconds wore on. We continued, our tongues colliding with each other and exploring each other's mouths until we broke apart, panting.
Eventually I found my voice.
"What would you do for me?" I asked as I felt his wedding ring. Gerard looked at me, his black-rimmed eyes positively sparkling. He took a few moments to answer.
"I would kill for you."

As Gerard drifted off to sleep, I wondered if one day he would.
♠ ♠ ♠
thaks to the peepz who have been reading.
not that there have been many.
D: