Another Heart Calls

Epilogue

Four Months Later

Meredith sat at one of the tables decorated in red and white, watching Marty and Charlotte dance at their wedding reception. Their wedding had been one of the most beautiful things Meredith had ever been a part of. To see two people who were so completely in love with each other get married was amazing.

All of a sudden, Meredith saw someone out of the corner of her eye sit down next to her. She turned her head around to see Patrick sitting there. “Here you go,” he said, handing her the drink he held in his left hand.

“Thanks,” she told him with a smile as she took a sip of the champagne. “Look at them,” she told him, pointing towards Marty and Charlotte. “They’re so happy. They really deserve it after everything they’ve been through.”

“Yeah, that’s for sure,” Patrick agreed. “You know,” he said, moving his chair closer to hers. “That’s going to be us in the near future.”

Meredith smiled at him. “I can’t wait,” she said, giving him a kiss.

A little while later, Charlotte came up and sat down next to Meredith. “Why aren’t you and Patrick out there dancing?” she asked her as she took a sip of her drink.

“I could be saying the same thing about you and Marty,” Meredith retorted.

“I believe Marty and I have been dancing all night.”

“Very true,” Meredith replied.

“Patrick,” Charlotte yelled, and he turned around to look at her from where he stood talking to Adam Burish. “Get over here!”

Patrick walked over to where Charlotte was sitting, wondering what was wrong. “You and Meredith, go dance now,” Charlotte told them, grabbing a hand from each of them and pushing them out towards the dance floor. The two of them smiled as they began dancing.

“Look at them,” Charlotte smiled as Marty sat down next to her. “They’re so happy.”

“They’ll be even happier after tonight,” Marty replied.

“What?” Charlotte asked, looking over at him. “What are you talking about?”

“Nothing,” Marty said quickly. “Just forget it.”

Charlotte stared at Marty for a moment. “No, no, no. You can’t do that. I’m your wife. And, as your wife, you have to tell me everything!”

“Char, I promise, you’ll know everything soon enough. Just let it go for right now,” Marty begged.

“Fine,” Charlotte sighed. “But, you owe me.”

“Fair enough,” Marty smiled, leaning over and kissing her.

A few hours later, everyone had gone home, leaving Meredith, Patrick, Marty, and Charlotte alone. Marty and Charlotte were leaving on their honeymoon to Greece the following afternoon, so they were taking their time leaving their reception.

They were all sitting around one of the tables when all of a sudden, Patrick spoke up. “Meredith, I know that this isn’t in front of tens of thousands of people, but hopefully, you’ll like it either way,” he said, standing up and walking to the other side of Meredith.

Meredith simply stared at him for a moment, letting his words sink in. She remained quiet, trying to figure out if he was about to do what she thought he was going to do.

“Meredith, I love you more than you could possibly know. And, I know we’ve had our ups and downs these past few years, but we’ve gotten through everything together. I honestly don’t know what I would do if you weren’t in my life,” he told her before bending down on one knee.

Meredith glanced at Marty and Charlotte who were sitting behind Patrick. Marty was smiling, while Charlotte looked like she was about to burst with excitement. Meredith looked back down at Patrick, who had a small box in his hands. He opened it up while say, “Meredith, will you marry me?”

Meredith nodded her head, while exclaiming, “Yes, yes, yes!” Patrick put the ring on her finger before standing up. Meredith instantly jumped up, wrapping her arms around him. “I love you,” she told him before kissing him passionately.

“I love you, too,” he said when they parted.

Charlotte turned to look at Marty. “This is what you were talking about earlier, wasn’t it?” she asked him.

Marty nodded his head. “Yeah,” he admitted. “Sorry I didn’t tell you, but I think it was better this way.”

“Definitely,” Charlotte said, grinning at Meredith and Patrick.

“So, are you happy with the way that I proposed?” Patrick asked cautiously, knowing that Meredith had wanted something special.

“I couldn’t have asked for a better way,” Meredith smiled as she kissed him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I want to say thank you to each and every person who read/subscribed/commented on this story! I appreciate it more than you could ever know!!

Please, leave me one last comment letting me know what you thought of the story!!!