We Can Shine Like the Sun

XIII

“Tomorrow is an off day!” Holly told the cheering crowd. She smiled fondly at them all, and then looked over at Avara. “But Avara won’t be having one, will you Vara?”

“Yeah, I have to go in to the city with Travis the merch dude, and buy Tadem’s birthday present.”

“And why can’t we go with you Avara?” Harlee laughed. Avara scowled at her fellow guitar attacker, and made a face.

“Because you and Holly can’t keep secrets from Tadem, she’ll eventually get it out of you. Trav and I are like safe’s, no one can get anything outta us, unless they have the password!”

“Yeah, but Vara, your password always seems to be ‘Banana’!” Holly laughed. Avara stuck her middle finger up at her band mate, and then put her hand around the neck of her guitar. “Anyhoo, this song’s called ‘Obvious’.”

- † -


“That was so energy taking!” Holly sighed, after their set. She slumped down across a stage moniter, and closed her eyes. She heard Avara, Tadem and Harlee laughed and sit around on the floor with bottles of water.

“Energy taking?” Avara laughed, “that doesn’t make any sense!”

“Yeah it does.”

“Only to you Hol,” Tadem laughed. Holly shrugged and sat up, eventually getting to her feet. “Where are you going?” Tadem asked.

“I’m going to find Kyle, he owes me five bucks.”

“Why?”

“Tadem, why are you so nosey?”

“I was just asking!”

“If you must know, I bet him five dollars he’d have to shave his face after two days because he had lots of gross stubble, and last night he shaved it off and thought I wouldn’t notice, but I did, and now, he owes me five bucks.” Avara laughed.

“Kyle has stubble.”

Had,” Holly corrected.

“Kyle had stubble.”

“Yeah, he did.” Holly gave her friends a small wave, and left them. She walked down the stairs leading away from the stage, and began her trek to FTSK’s bus. In no time at all, she found it, and was punching in the pin code, waiting for the green light to flash and walking up the steps into the huge bus. The first person she found was Caleb. He was laying on the floor half under the kitchen table with a wet cloth over his stomach.

“Caleb, what the shit are you doing?” She asked, flabbergasted. Caleb moved so he could see her and smiled.

“Kent “accidentally” spilt boiling hot water on my tummy, and now it’s blistering,” he told her. Holly raised an eyebrow at him.

“But why are you under the table?”

“Because, this is where I fell,” he replied, in a tone that clearly said ‘duh’. Holly raised her other eyebrow and held her hand out to him.

“Get up, and lemme see it,” she said. Caleb grabbed her hand and let her attempt to help him up, but she was too weak, and he had to help himself up. When he was standing on his own two feet, he took the cloth away from his stomach. Holly gasped. It was all red, and purple and blotchy and blistery. “Caleb!” She groaned, slapping her forehead, “that needs medical help you dick, come on, I’m taking you to the first aid tent.”

“Thanks Holly.”

“You better be thankful, now I have to wait ages before I get my money from Kyle that he owes me.”

“Kyle owes you money?”

“Yeah.”

“What for?”

“Sexual favours.” Caleb gave her an alarmed and grossed out at the same time. “I’m joking moron!” Holly sighed, “we had a bet he’d shave off his stubble, why are all you people so nosey?”

“Because we are, who else was nosey?” He asked as Holly pushed him out the bus door and shut it behind herself.

“Tadem drummer tard face.”

“Well aren’t you a lovely band member today?”

“Yes, yes I am.”

- † -


The next day, Avara was shopping with Travis the merch guy. Avara had started to complain half an hour after they arrived at the mall so Travis decided to buy her a hot chocolate.

“Gavin? Who’s Gavin?” Avara asked about something Travis had said.

“Your Mum’s pool boy,” Travis grinned.

“Oh,” Avara nodded, “Wait! My mum doesn’t have a pool.”

“She does, you just can’t see it,” Travis disagreed.

“Where is she hiding it?” Avara asked.

“At my mum’s house,” he said. Just after that, Avara’s phone rang.

“Yo?” She said after reading the caller I.D that says ’Harry Potter’, which was a code word for Holly.

“Can you ask Travis when I’m due,” Holly cried immediately.

“Due for what?” Avara asked.

“You know,” Holly said, “Book Rags,” she explained using the girls’ code word for period.

“Oh,” Avara smiled before relaying the question to Travis.

“Next Thursday,” Travis said in a professional tone. Avara told Holly this who thanked her.

“Also,” she asked, “Can you ask Travis what you two are getting Tadem for her birthday?”

“Travis,” Avara said, “What are we....hey!” She yelled, “No way missy. I’m not telling.”

“Damn. Bye,” Holly said before quickly hanging up.

“That was weird,” Avara said after placing her phone down on the table.

“She’s Holly. Duh,” Travis said.

“Well, thanks for my hot chololatizzle, but we must be off. Lots of work to do you know.” Travis laughed and hugged her awkwardly. “You’re so awkward Travis.”

- † -


Meanwhile, Kyle was running from Kent who was with Austin, who was chasing Holly because Harlee stole Jonathan’s waffle. That may have sounded confusing, but it really wasn’t. Jonathan had given his huge waffle to Kent and Austin, and while they were getting syrup and ice-cream and whipped cream, Harlee stole it, gave it to Holly and Kyle who then ate it. Therefore, Kent and Austin were chasing Holly and Kyle.

“Kyle!” Kent yelled again, the third time Kyle had slipped through his fingers, “that was my waffle!”

“And mine!” Austin continued. He’d caught Holly, and was sitting on her, not letting her get up and move.

“Kyle, help me!” Holly squealed, flailing her hands everywhere and hitting Austin’s back forcefully. Austin didn’t budge; he couldn’t feel them at all actually. Everyone heard Kent yell cheerfully and turned to see what he was so happy about. He had found another waffle.

“It’s okay Austin. We have anoth-”

“Oh thanks Kent,” came Avara’s voice as she plucked the waffle out of his hand and shoved it in her mouth.

“Aww man,” Kent and Austin sighed.

“Where’d you come from?” Holly, who was still underneath Austin, asked Avara.

“Over that way,” she said, pointing behind her.

“And where’s Travis,” Kyle asked.

“Over that way,” Avara said again, pointing in the same direction.

“And where can I find another waffle?” Austin asked.

“Over that way,” Avara said, yet again, but this time pointing to catering. Austin and Kent squealed at the same time and ran towards catering.

“Thanks,” Holly said as Avara helped her off the ground, “I thought he was going to skish me.”

“Skish?” Kyle asked.

“Yes,” Holly smiled, “Skish. You know, a lazy person’s way of saying squish.”

“Holly, why didn’t you use your special skills on him?” Avara asked.

“What skills?” Kyle asked.

“You asked a lot of questions, former best friend,” Avara told him disapprovingly before turning to Holly, “You know, the stuff we learnt in FBICIASUPERNINJASPYKUNGFU.”

“Excuse me?” Kyle asked.

“You’re excused,” Avara said.

“What the heck is FBI cia super ninja kung fu?” he asked.

“Who are you? Columbo?”

“Who’s Columbo?” Holly asked. “And,” she added turning to Kyle, “It’s FBI CIA super ninja spy kung fu. It’s a class we took back down under.”

“Columbo some guy from some show that my dad watches,” Avara said.

“You had a class called FBI CIA super ninja spy kung fu?” Kyle asked.

“Yes,” both girls said, looking at him weirdly, as if it were strange that he hadn’t heard of such a class.

“Harlee and Tadem took Fairytales and Philosophy instead. They learnt how to do magic,” Holly said.

“Really?” Kyle asked.

“No you moron,” Avara laughed, “Where’s my best friend?”

“That would depend on who it is today,” Kyle said.

“I think it’s still Jonathan,” Avara said after thinking about it.

“Well then, he’s on the bus I think.” Avara smiled, said her thanks and then left the two lovers-who-weren’t-actually-lovers-but-totally-loved-each-other alone.

“Well,” Holly said, “now that she’s gone, I want my five bucks!” Kyle laughed and pulled out his wallet, flipped through a few fifty dollar notes, and settled on a twenty.

“I don’t have a fiver, have a twenty, and pay me back later.” Holly shook her head, and snatched the money from Kyle’s hand smiling evilly.

“Nope, mine now!”

“What! Why?”

“Because my dear friend,” she smiled, going over to him, and putting her hand on his shoulder. She pulled him down, went around to his back and jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, “you love it when I take your money, and plus, we’re buying dinner with it.” Kyle put his hands under her butt, to hold her up, and stood up straight.

“Really? What’s on the menu?” Kyle started walking towards catering but stopped when she tapped his shoulder and pointed towards the main gates.

“We’re going to Denny’s for dinner tonight Kay-Bee,” she told him, patting his shoulder. “So, onwards Pedro, onwards!”

Avara typed in the code to the bus, and entered when the green flash granted her entrance to the FTSK bus. She wondered through the bus until she found Jonathan and Caleb sitting in the back lounge, blatantly ignoring each other.

“Hey girls, what’s up?” She asked, taking a seat between them, putting her hands behind her head, and letting her feet lay in front of her.

“Hey Vara,” Caleb said.

“Avara!” Jonathan exclaimed, jumping to his feet, “let’s go do something fun!”

“What about Caleb?”

“He can’t go anywhere.” Jonathan told her. Avara frowned.

“What are you grounded or something?” She laughed, turning to look at Caleb.

“I wish,” Caleb laughed humourlessly. He stood up and pulled up his shirt, showing her the huge bandage that was covering his whole entire stomach. “Being grounded would hurt less I think.”

“What happened?” She gasped, going over to him while Jonathan was attempting to pull her from the bus saying things like; ”Who cares, let’s go!”

“Kent “accidentally” spilled hot water all over me, so I laid under the table, and then Holly found me and took me to the first aid tent.” Avara patted his cheek gently.

“Are you better now though?” She asked, “And why can’t you leave the bus? What happens when you guys have to go on stage?”

“He can go out only to go on stage, but he has to came back straight after because the burns are bad and if they get infected he’ll have to go home, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah, let’s go,” Jonathan said, grabbing Avara’s hand once more, trying to pull her from the bus again.

“Jonathan!” She scolded, “Caleb’s sick!”

“So?”

“He needs friends to help him get through this terrible time!”

“No he doesn’t, he wants’ to be alone, don’t you Caleb,” Jonathan stated more than questioned.

“No.”

“Yes. You. Do.”

“No Jonathan, I don’t.”

“Well call Kyle and Holly or something!”

“No thank you, they’re probably being all lovey-dovey, that’s just weird.” Avara sighed, they were at it again. They were so immature.

“Caleb,” Jonathan sighed angrily, “I wanna take Avara to dinner at Denny’s, go away!”

“I can’t leave the bus remember!” Caleb scowled. Jonathan smiled.

“I know, isn’t it great?”

“Yes.”

“Really?”

“No.” Avara looked at them both and then rolled her eyes, they were even more immaturer than she first thought.

“Let’s stay and play like, Monopoly or something,” she suggested.

“No, I’m taking you out for dinner.”

“Okay, I have it in my bunk,” Caleb grinned, getting up and going to where the bunks were. Jonathan looked after him and then grabbed Avara’s arm once more.

“Come on, while he’s not looking!”

“No,” she sighed, “he has no one with him at the moment, don’t be nasty!” Jonathan sat down in the corner of the lounge, crossed his arms and legs and sulked.

“You’re such a baby Jonathan!” Caleb laughed when he came back with Monopoly.

“And you’re a ruiner, you ruiner,” Jonathan continued to sulk.

“Jonathan, don’t be mean. Caleb isn’t well,” Avara warned.

“But I wanted to take you out for dinner,” Jonathan whined in reply.

“You can. Just not tonight,” Avara smiled. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Caleb stick his tongue out at Jonathan.

“And you,” she said to Caleb as she smacked him on the arm, “are not allowed to be mean either. Were going to sit here and play monopoly like a big happy family.” Both boys grimaced and then nodded while Avara unfolded the game board. “Also,” she said, putting on a very serious tone, “I...am the dog.”

Half an hour later, Jonathan and Caleb started fighting again.

“I swear to god Turman if you don’t shut up I will smack you!” Avara exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air.

“But Vara!” He whined, “He bought Mayfair! That’s not fair. I already have Parklane.”

“I landed on it, so I can buy it,” Jonathan said.

“And you Cook,” Avara yelled at Jonathan, “Let Caleb buy Mayfair or I won’t go to dinner with you.” Jonathan’s mouth dropped open.

“Not fair!” he exclaimed.

“I’m making up the rules, so hush,” Avara told him. He shut his mouth and handed Caleb the dice. “Rule number one,” She said, “No one but Avara is allowed to talk. Rule number two, Caleb and Jonathan aren’t allowed to talk to each other. Rule number three, no one but Avara is allowed to make a noise. Rule number four; any violation of these rules and the violator has to give Avara 50 monopoly dollars. Rule number five, Caleb gets $250 for passing go due to injuries-”

“Ah-” Jonathan started, but a glare from Avara told him he should shut his mouth “-Choo.” Jonathan had tried covering up with a sneeze.

“50 bucks,” Avara ordered, sticking her hand out to him.

“But I didn’t say anything!” He exclaimed. Avara narrowed her eyes.

“You sneezed, which made a noise. Hand over the money.” Avara sighed but handed over $50. “Rule number six, every male player has to give Avara $50.”

“I just gave you $50,” Jonathan protested.

“Yes,” Avara agreed, “But you also just talked.” Jonathan gave her another $50 and she turned to Caleb. He frowned and found paper and a pen, wrote on it and then showed Avara.

I’m a girl was what it said.

“Oh,” Avara said, “Then you don’t need to give me any money,” She smiled. Jonathan’s mouth dropped open but he didn’t want to loose his last $50 so he didn’t say anything.

About an hour later, Avara was running low on cash.

“Rule number seven,” she said, “Caleb, give me $100.” Caleb wrote on the sheet of paper again so he wouldn’t have to give any extra money.

But I’m sick the paper said. Avara looked from the paper and up to Caleb’s pouting face.

“Naww,” she said. “Jonathan, give me $100.”

“No,” he shouted before calling Caleb something nasty and storming off. Caleb looked at Avara with a stunned expression.

“Caleb,” she said slowly, “I give you permission to talk again, and take your turn while I send Mr Cook an abusive text message.”

“And what will it say?” Caleb asked as he rolled the dice.

“You’re a stupid homo and I won’t go to dinner with you,” she said, “Smiley face, Avara.” Caleb smiled to himself and then stood up. “What are you doing?”

“Wanna watch Harry Potter?” He asked. Avara smiled and nodded her head. “Okay, you go and get my blanket and my pillows, and I’ll put it on for us. Number two okay?” He asked her. Avara stood up as well, and nodded her head; she then went to Caleb’s bunk and grabbed pillows and blanket. After she’d gotten what she was after, she made her way back and snuggled down on the couch.

Half way through the movie, the bus door opened, and Holly and Kyle climbed on laughing about something to do with Denny’s. When they saw Avara and Caleb, Holly frowned.

“What did you two do to Jonathan?” She asked. Caleb and Avara exchanged looks.

“What did he say to you?” Caleb asked finally.

“He said that Caleb stole his date for the night, and that his date was choosing Caleb over him,” Kyle said, “it was quite tragic really.”

“I wasn’t his date, we were just gonna grab some grub!” Avara said. Kyle shrugged and went back the way he came.

“Turman, have you seen my jumper?” Kyle yelled. Caleb laughed and then answered.

“Yes dear, it was on the cat!” Kyle came into view with arched eyebrows.

“What? We don’t have a cat.”

“Oh my gosh!” Holly grinned, “Harry Potter!”

“Oh,” Kyle laughed.

“Kyle, grab your pillows and blankets, let’s watch too!” Holly exclaimed excitedly, “Can we Vara?!” Avara nodded.

“Course you can Harry.” Holly smiled and dropped next to Avara.

Some time later, Avara got up.

“Where ya going Vara?” Caleb asked.

“I feel bad about Jonathan. Are we moving?” She asked as she stretched her back.

“No, I think we’ve stopped,” Kyle said looking out a window on the side of the bus.

“Great,” Avara smiled. Before she left the bus, she went into the kitchen part of the bus and looked trough the fridge, taking out two cans of red bull and a container of pudding that said ‘Property of Kyle Burns. Do not touch. Seriously, this container is made of some really cool plastic that burns anyone who touches it. Other than me. Kyle Burns.’. Avara giggled to herself and hopped off the bus and onto her own.

She crept through the bunks and found her way to the back lounge where she stuck her head through the door and smiled at everyone who was there, not surprised to see that Jonathan was one of them. The two locked eyes and Avara signalled for Jonathan to come see her on the other side of the door. Though he seemed reluctant, he got up.

“Hey,” she smiled softly.

“Hi,” he said.

“Um,” she started, “I wanted to apologise. I have two cans of red bull and some of Kyle’s forbidden pudding. Come chill somewhere?” She suggested as she held up the contents of her arms.

Jonathan sighed and then eventually smiled, “fine.” Avara grinned and shoved the pudding in his hands.

“I’m sorry,” Avara cried once they were off the bus and she threw her arms around Jonathan, even though she still had red bull in her hands.

“For what?” He asked as he stroked her head which was resting on his shoulder.

“Being a bitch,” she said, “Duh.”

“You’re not a bitch,” he chuckled softly. “I was being a jerk.”

“Yes,” Avara agreed thoughtfully.

“Oi!” Jonathan laughed.

“Anyway,” she laughed, “I bought red bull and some pudding.” Jonathan eyed the container in his hands, thrust it back at her and stepped back. “What?”

“That’s Kyle’s pudding in the burning container, he’ll kill us!” Avara rolled her eyes.

“Scared of Burns are we?” She laughed.

“Yes, he’ll break my fan!” Avara raised her eyebrow. “When Robi made Kyle mad, Kyle broke his fan. Robi made Kyle angry like three times everyday for a week!” Avara laughed and opened the lid to the container, Jonathan gasped and his hands flew to his mouth in shock. Kent heard, and came out to investigate, he gasped when he saw Kyle’s container.

“He ain’t gonna be very happy with you Jonathan!” He sang. Jonathan looked at Kent and put his hands up to defend himself.

“It was Avara!”

“You guys are pussy’s, eat some pudding.” She placed the red bull on the ground, pulled a spoon out of her pocket and dramatically opened the container. She then dug the spoon in the pudding and watched as the mouths of Kent and Jonathan slowly dropped open in horror. Avara lifted the spoon to her mouth and then BAM! She shoved it in Jonathan’s mouth before running away in a fit of giggles.

“AVARA MAY LAW!” Jonathan yelled. She glanced over her shoulder and saw him running after her, shaking up one of the red bull cans. When he got close enough, he opened the can and emptied it all over her before tossing it over his shoulder and tackling Avara to the ground.

“Get off me Cook,” Avara laughed.

“No,” he said, standing up and throwing her over his shoulder, “I’m not going down alone. If Kyle sends me to hell, you’re coming too!” Jonathan carried Avara all the way back to where they left the pudding to see Kyle on his knees with the container in his hands. Jonathan put Avara down on her feet where she tskd her tongue at Kyle and shook her head back and forth.

“I’m sorry to say this Burns, but I think you need to invest in a better security system. Also, I think Kent ate you pudding.”

“Lies,” Kyle hissed while glaring up at her. He held up the spoon that Jonathan had obviously dropped on the floor. “I’m going to get this spoon DNA tested.”

“I’m off the hook then,” Avara grinned in relief, “Good luck buddy,” she added to Jonathan as she patted his chest.

“So I see you two have made up then,” Kyle raised an eyebrow.

“Yes,” Avara smiled, “I think it’s impossible for someone to stay mad at someone as cute as me.” Jonathan chuckled. “Where’s Hols?”

“Asleep in my bunk. She started mumbling something about a pillow, so I was about to go get hers but your bus seems to not be where it was the last time I checked,” Kyle told her. For the first time, Avara noticed he was right.

“What the heck! Where the hell is my bus?” She yelled.

“Relax Avara, just stay on our bus. You always do,” Kyle laughed, “But you’ll have to sleep with Jonathan because Caleb’s all burnt and stuff.”

“Okily,” She smiled and then they climbed on the FTSK bus.

The next morning when Avara woke up, she wanted to check on Caleb and see how he was feeling. She rolled out of Jonathan’s bunk and crossed the little hallway thing to the other side of the bunks and quietly pulled open Caleb’s.

“Whoa my god,” she cried before shutting the curtain and running back into Jonathan’s bunk.

“Everything okay?” He mumbled sleepily without even opening his eyes.

“There’s a blonde girl in Caleb’s bunk!” she whispered. Jonathan’s eyes snapped open. Well, one of them did. The other was kind of half open as he had one of his eyebrows raised.

“Caleb went blonde? And girl?” He asked.

“No, Caleb is asleep in his bunk with a blonde girl asleep next to him,” Avara corrected.

“Oh,” Jonathan said. “Where’d she come from?” He asked.

“How should I know? The last time I saw him was when we were watching Harry Potter.”

“Are they clothed?” Jonathan asked.

“What! Yes they’re clothed, If they weren’t I’d be crying, vomiting and cutting myself, all at once.” Jonathan shifted Avara out of the way and crept to Caleb’s bunk, peered inside, shrugged, shut the curtain and grabbed Avara’s hand and lead her toward the kitchen part of the bus.

“Aren’t you curious about whom she is?” Avara asked him as he grabbed two bowls, cereal and milk.

“I’m more worried about how and when she got here. Kyle didn’t say anything last night. Maybe she’s a creepy fan girl.”

“But, ugh, she’s blonde,” Avara said with a disgusted voice.

“And?” Jonathan asked, handing her a bowl and a spoon. As if on cue, Caleb walked in with the giggling girl hanging off his arm.

“Oh,” Caleb said when he saw Jonathan and Avara. “Morning.”

“Morning,” Jonathan grinned. Avara just gave a small smile.

“So... this is ...Molly.”

“Miley,” the girl corrected.

“Miley,” Caleb nodded.

“I’m Jonathan,” Jonathan said. Avara looked up at him and saw that he had milk running down his chin so she giggled, stretched up and wiped it with her finger. “And that’s Avara,” he added, pointing to Avara.

“And I’m Kyle,” said Holly, as she came into the kitchen.

“And I’m Katherine,” Kyle said.

“And I’m leaving,” Avara said. She didn’t like the look of this ‘Miley’ girl.

“Me too,” agreed Jonathan before looking down at his shirtless body, “When I put some clothes on.”

“Caleb, Miley, Kyle, Katherine,” Avara muttered, nodding to each of them as she left.

“You didn’t finish your cereal,” Jonathan pointed out as he followed her to his bunk.

“Sorry,” she said, “But your whole bus smells like whore. I’m going to shower. Meet me on my bus, kay?”

Meanwhile, in the kitchen,

“EAT A BAGEL!” Shouted Kyle, the real Kyle.

“LIKE A BOSS!” shouted Holly.

“Holly, Kyle, shut up,” Caleb said.

“Kyle,” Holly sighed, “Maybe we should stop acting childish. I think Caleb is trying to show his girlfriend that his friends are something that they’re not.”

“But Holly,” he whined, “I’m eating a bagel like a boss!”

“Can you eat it like a normal person instead? She may be blonde but she has eyes and ears,” Caleb said.

“Does she have a mouth?” Holly asked, staring at the girl, “Because I don’t think I’ve heard her talk.” Caleb glared at her, and then at Kyle who was trying not to laugh.

“Of course she has a mouth, she used it last ni-“

“Okay,” Holly shouted, putting her hands over her ears, “that’s enough, ew!” Kyle laughed and raised an eyebrow at Caleb suggestively. Caleb glared back. “What got your knickers in a not anyway?” She asked him. He shrugged and opened the fridge to grab two bottles of caprisun and two apples.

“You eat apples?” Kyle asked, his already raised eyebrow disappearing into his hairline.

“Yeah, I’m a vegetarian.” Holly laughed at that, it sounded stupid to her. Caleb Michael Turman was not a vegetarian.

“Riiiiiiight!” Kyle laughed.

“And anyway,” Caleb said, turning to Holly, “who says I’m mad?”

“I didn’t say you were mad exactly, I asked who got your knickers in a not,” Holly told him. “So now I know you are mad, and I wanna know who your mad at!” Caleb scowled.

“I’m not mad at anyone,” he snapped, “now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to have breakfast with my girlfriend.”

“You just met her, and she’s not coming on tour with us,” Kyle told Caleb. He hoisted himself up onto the kitchen counter and grabbed another bagel off of the counter. “We don’t know her Caleb,” he said, seeing the look Caleb was sending him, “I’m not trusting her around me while I sleep or Holly while she sleeps or our bagels while they sleep!”

“She’s staying Kyle, I’ll talk to the others about it, they won’t mind.” And he stormed off. Holly looked up at Kyle’s face in confusion.

“Come stay on my bus with me, yeah?” She asked him. Kyle made a face and nodded his head. The two set about grabbing a backpack filled with Kyle’s belongings, grabbed the basket of bagels, and then set out for ‘Kill Barbies’ bus. When they were in, Tadem looked up from her laptop and smiled.

“What’s up homies?”

“Caleb has a bimbo girlfriend, and it’s weird, he’s now claiming to be a vegetarian!” Holly laughed. She set the bagels down on the counter, and opened the curtain so she could see the fans and other bandies’ walk past, after that, she took a seat at the table and watched two girls argue right outside the window. All of a sudden, she jumped up, and pressed her face against the glass.

“Holly Jocelyn Bremmer, what the heck are you doing?” Kyle laughed. Holly jumped over him, grabbed a bagel and rushed out of the door and towards the skunk haired looking boy who was stalking through the grounds wearing a sombrero, a fake moustache and a poncho, apparently, he didn’t wanna be seen by fan girls.

“Jack Bassam Barakat!” She yelled, running to catch up, dodging fans who wanted autographs. “B-Kat, I need to speak to you, I know your hiding under that moustache!” Jack turned around quickly, and pulled her into a V.I.P section that was conveniently near-by.

“Shh, I’m hiding!”

“I need the shirt that you’re wearing!” She smiled, “In return, I’ll give you this chocolate bagel!” Jack looked at the bagel, and the shirt he was wearing, clearly visible under his poncho. It said; ’SLEEPING WITH BAND DUDE’S, WON’T MAKE YOU FAMOUS!’.

“So,” Jack said, tapping his chin, “in return for my new t-shirt, you’ll give me your giant chocolate bagel?”

“Yes.”

“Deal!” He took off his poncho and his shirt, handed Holly his shirt and pulled his poncho back on.

“Here’s your bagel Barakat, good to do business with you!”

“Okay, I’ll go out first, so it doesn’t seem suspicious!” Jack whispered. He then proceeded to karate roll out from the V.I.P section, get up and continue walking like no one had stopped him. Holly laughed and went back to her bus, where she searched for some wrapping paper they were bound to have in the junk draw under Jake’s bunk, she wrapped the shirt and left the bus.

Holly walked all the way over to FTSK’s bus and went straight in. She found Caleb’s ’girlfriend’ sitting in the back lounge by herself.

“Hey,” she smiled, sitting down beside her, “I’m Holly, the blonde kid was Kyle. Miley Right?” She asked.

“Yeah,” Miley smiled.

“Well Miley, I realise Kyle, Avara, Jonathan and I were all being bitches before, and I’ve come bearing a gift for you, to say sorry.”

“Thanks,” Miley smiled. Holly looked around.

“Where’s Cay?” She asked. Shouldn’t he be on the bus with the girlfriend no one knew?

“He said something about going to see someone called Austin? I’m not sure, he said to wait here, and make myself at home.” Holly grimaced, Kyle wasn’t going to be very happy about that. “I know your boyfriend doesn’t like me, but I’m not all that bad,” she said.

“Oh, he’s not my boyfriend,” Holly laughed, “more like best-guy-friend.”

“Oh, you both looked like you were dating, sorry.” Holly smiled.

“No problemo, so Im going to go, I have sound-check in like, half an hour, see you around, yeah?”

“You’re in a band too?”

“Yeah, I’m lead singer and bass guitarist of Kill Barbie,” Holly laughed.

“I love that band!” Miley smiled. Holly stood up.

“Well, gotta go, laterz!”

Back at Kill Barbies bus, Kyle was wondering where Holly had gotten to, until she burst though the door.

“You know she’s alone in your bus right?”

“Who?”

“Caleb’s lover!” Kyle didn’t say anything; he just dashed off the bus and in the direction of his own. Holly on the other hand went into the back lounge where Avara, Jonathan and Harlee were. Everyone else seemed to be out in the venue somewhere. “Where’s Tades?” Holly asked.

“With Trav,” said Harlee, “WTK’s Trav. Not our Trav. Where’s Kyle?”

“Possibly gone to murder Caleb’s new girlfriend. Or Caleb himself.” Harlee jumped up.

“Cay has a girlfriend?” She yelled. Holly nodded.

“On his bus,” she told Harlee, jabbing her finger in the direction on Jonathan. Harlee ran out of the lounge. “I’m going to go make sure Kyle’s okay,” Holly said before she disappeared too.

“Your band is so weird,” Jonathan told Avara.

“Don’t look at me. They’re not in my band,” Avara said.

“Then why are you here?” Jonathan laughed. Avara shrugged.

“I sleep with the bands,” she said.

“Right,” Jonathan said.

“So you seem really happy today,” Avara said to change the subject, “You were even nice to Caleb and his girlfriend.” Jonathan shrugged.

“Maybe it had something to do with me waking up next to a beautiful girl,” he said. Avara frowned.

“As I recall, you woke up to me possibly cursing god...or something,” She said.

“So,” Jonathan said, “You were still next to me.”

“And beautiful?” Avara asked.

“You’re always beautiful,” he told her.

“Aww,” she said, and that was all she said because there was a violent knock on the bus door. She skipped toward it and slung it open. “Hi Caleb,” she smiled, “Bored of blondie already?” Caleb glared at her.

“Her name is Miley.”

“Funny, even you didn’t know her name this morning,” she smirked. Caleb continued to glare. “Who are you angry at?” She asked.

“Why does everyone think I’m angry?” He asked.

“Because right now, your face is so red that I can’t tell where your face ends and your hair starts. But why are you here anyway?”

“Is Jonathan here?” Caleb asked her.

“Okay,” she said, “One: you know our code, why did you knock, and two: if he isn’t on your bus, where else would he be?”

“I wanted to be polite,” Caleb shrugged.

“Uh-huh,” Avara raised an eyebrow and invited him on the bus. “So are you two friends again?” She asked.

“Um, I guess so. The reason for our fighting seems to be non existent now,” Caleb told her.

“Am I ever going to find out what that reason was?” She asked.

“Dunno,” Caleb shrugged as they entered the back lounge, “Maybe.”

“Sup?” Jonathan asked when he saw Caleb.

“Kyle is on our bus abusing my girlfriend. Help?” Caleb said. Avara pulled a face. “What’s your problem?” Caleb snapped.

“Who said there was a problem?” She asked. Caleb scowled at her and turned back to Jonathan.

“Well,” Caleb said to Jonathan.

“Cant you see I’m hanging out with my lady friend. We may be friends again, but I’m still angry at you for last night.” Avara threw her hands up in the air in frustration.

“How do you people have time to make up, make out and sneak onto busses without me knowing!?” She exclaimed.

“Were all secretly ninjas,” Jonathan said. At that, the three of them laughed and followed Caleb back to the Kids’s bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Caleb has a girlfriend. I'm proud.