Until The End

1.

I hate school. It’s horrible. Do you know what sucks even more about school?

When you’re the new girl.

Yup. Lucky me. Let me explain. I’m Liz. I have black shoulder length hair, with choppy layers. I am extremely pale, seeing as I moved here from Maine. I’m 5’ 2”, and about 94 lbs. But let’s not worry about that right now. My father got transferred over here. He works at a law firm. My mother bailed out on us when I was seven. Needless to say, my father blamed me for that.

I walked through my new school, Huntington High, in search of the admissions office. When I finally found it, I had to pass a group of girls. They looked at me with disgust, but that was to be expected. I’m not like everyone else. I feel most comfortable in skinny jeans and a zip up with converse, but right now I’m pretty sure I was sweating, seeing as I’m not used to the California heat.

Anyways, I walked into the office and up to the desk. The secretary looked up at me.

“What do you want?” she asked, er, demanded.

“I’m new here,” I said in a small voice. Yeah, I’m pretty shy. She sighed.

“Name.”

“Liz Thomas.” She nodded, and typed away at her computer. I just looked around and shifted my weight to my other foot. Needless to say, I was uncomfortable. The secretary, whose name was apparently Brenda handed me two pieces of paper that she had printed out. She looked up at me, with an actual smile.

“Here’s your schedule and locker number and combo. Have a good first day.” I nodded and walked out of the office. I started looking for my locker, but there were so many!

“Need a hand?” someone asked me. I jumped, startled, and turned around. There was a girl, with platinum blonde hair, and a real smile on her face.

“Umm, yeah,” I blushed, and handed over my papers. She looked them over, before smiling, and handing them back.

“Okay, your locker is just three away from mine. I’m Val by the way.”

“Liz,” I said. She caught me off guard by hugging me. I winced, not noticeably, when she did, seeing as she touched my back.

“This is so cool!” she exclaimed, “we have all but one class together!” I looked at her and smiled, because I thought that was pretty cool too.

“Come on, I’ll show ya,” she said and led me down another hallway. “But first I want you to meet my boyfriend.” She stopped in front of a really muscular guy. He was huge! I tensed up right away. I’m pretty sure he noticed, because he frowned. But I guess he shrugged it off and held out his hand.

“I’m Matt,” he said, smiling. He had dimples!!

“I’m Liz,” I answered timidly, taking his hand and shaking it. He just smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Sigh- I'm starting fresh on this site. =] Please comment and rate!!