Boys Like Girls With Miniskirts

School

Marissa's pov..

Gosh today is the very first day ofagony at school, well not for the preps, but for the geeky kids thatactually care about their future. Kids like me get their chemistry or any scholastic books pushed to the ground, and my glasses forcefully pushed to the cold tiled floor. Kids like me just pick them up without any help, and keep going with their normal lives. I got up just in cue as my alarm clock sounded off. I switched the snooze button off and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Afterwards, I got dressed in my skinny jeans, The Used band-T, my old converse, and followed with my thick rimmed glasses. I pulled my long brown hair into a ponytail, with my bangs decorating my forehead. I grabbed my messenger bag and school books, then made my way to the kitchen. Once I reached the last step, my mom greeted me with a, "Good morning, sweetheart," and a kiss on my forehead. I smile and get some cereal, munch on it while reviewing over my test, and make my way to the bus stop. A few minutes later, I was just standing, patiently, waiting. Then, I hear a group of guys laughing and gossipping.

Then, the main leader, Matt says, "Oh lookie here, if it isn't the geeky girl that always appears in 80's movies." The rest of the guys snicker as I don't show an expression. The thing is, I really liked Matt, but he always found a way to hurt my feelings and label me. A small tear escaped my eye, behind my fave pair of glasses, and I slowly whiped it away. I hope they didn't notice, especially Matt. The bus finally came and it was time to go to the prep filled school. I just hope Julie and Mikey would be there, they've been my best friends since middle school. All my friends from elementary moved, and that depressed me a lot, until I met Julie and Mikey. We shared the same interests and were at the top of our class. We deserved it cuz we were the only ones working our butts off in all our classes. Those guys sat behind me, just my luck, and matt started tugging at my pony tail. He teased, Don't you ever cut your hair?" I just ignored him as he tugged at my hair some more, I wish he would just stop it already. Why doesn't he tease his blonde prostitute of a girlfriend? Guys like him never fall for girls like me, but maybe I could fix that.