Unnoticed tension

6

Bob's P.O.V.

I blinked heavily, feeling incredibly awkward just...lying there...our eyes locked.

"Umm...Gerard...?" I broke the silence, barely containing the awkward chuckle that was begging to get out.

"You have a bruise." he said, a strange stiffness to his voice. Before I could ask, he had poked it. I immediately smacked a hand to my forehead when I felt the pain - which obviously did not help. I groaned and pulled my hand away, squeezing my eyes shut.
"Sorry..." I heard him say feebly. I shook my head and waved my hand, trying to tell him it was fine without speaking. If I attempted that right now, I might scream.

"Um...the guys went out for coffee."

"Isn't there a full pot in the kitchen? And why didn't you go with?" I asked through gritted teeth. That probably sounded more aggressive than I'd meant...
He just shrugged and started picking at his nails.

"Didn't feel like it. Too tired...and yeah, there is. I have no idea why they needed to get more." Gerard laughed a bit at that, and I smiled. I thanked whatever god there might be, that the strangeness in the air had cleared. I wouldn't've been able to stand it for long.

"Maybe you should go to a hospital..." he suggested, concerned expression still in place. There had been a few minutes of comfortable silence before he'd spoken. I blinked, then looked at him in confusion.

"What - for a bruise?" I had to stifle a laugh. "I'm fine...I just need some coffee for this headache." I barely avoided rubbing my forehead, thankfully I remembered not to just in time.
He frowned, and I could tell he was forming an argument.

"You get a headache when you have a concussion..."

"Are you really gonna do this?"

"Do you have blurred vision?!" he pressed on. I could tell he was just screwing around, trying to piss me off now.

"Yes - but it's probably not because of the concussion." I replied quickly. It took him a minute to get the joke, but when he did, he started cracking up.

It was nice to see him happy, and laughing...especially when it was caused by me. I allowed myself that soppy thought for now, but knew I'd scold myself later.

We joked around for a while, not even stopping while I was getting myself a cup of coffee. But of course, just when we started to move from joking around to serious conversation, he got a phone call. Even more surprising, it was Eliza. He rolled his eyes and gave me an apologetic glace before he took the call. I could only sigh, and down my coffee as if it contained alcohol.

Eventually Ray, Mikey and Frank got back from their adventures, bearing doughnuts and candy bars. Everyone but me pounced on them; I was busy hiding in my bunk and moping.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope I crushed your hopes and dreams. :D JayKay. XD

There might be a delay on the next update. :[ I've been lacking inspiration lately. I apologize in advance!
You guys are so lovely! This is my first story to get to 50 comments, and even 6 chapters! :D