Steal A Kiss In The Moment

As Much As I Hate Missing You

Work was hell for Dani knowing James wasn't home waiting for her.

Jake spent three hours spinning in her spinny chair, before he got hungry.

He went downstairs to get some food... about an hour ago.

'That's a LONG time... OHMYGOD, I LOST MY BROTHER,' Dani thought, and then she began to cry. 'Wow, I'm already super hormonal.'

Jake walked through the door, a huge grin plastered on his face and a hostess cupcake in his hand. "SING IT LOUD SIGNED MY SHIRT!" he screeched, turning around to reveal the sharpie names on his back.

"Cool," Dani replied, getting up to give him a hug. "I'm so glad your safe!"

Jake made a confused face. "Ohkay..." he pushed her off a bit.

"I have to go talk to my boss real quick," Dani said, "PLEASE stay in here."

"Mmk crazy lady."Jake said plopping on the ground.

Dani knocked on her boss's door. "Mr.Banks?" she asked.

"DANIKA, for the LAST TIME, call me TOM!" he bellowed as his assistant opened the door for her. Dani stepped inside. "What is it Danika? It looks like you just saw a ghost or something."

"Well, I have to tell you something, but it's sort of awkward." Dani said.

"Danika, if you've got to tell me just spit it out." Tom said.

"Well, I'm uh sort of uh," Dani began, "Pregnant." she whispered.

"Come again?"

"I'm pregnant. And about to be married. I'm really really really sorry but I'm going to need a few days off." Dani said, about to burst into tears.

"Danika," Tom said, "It's fine, breathe. You work so hard, it is no problem to give you some off days. PAID off days. Just tell me when you need off and I'll take care of it."

"Thank you so much, Mr.B-" she cut herself off, "Tom."

He smiled. She ran over and gave him a hug before rushing back to her office.

As she stepped into her office, a sweep of emotion hit her. She missed James. She took two more steps and collapsed crying.

"DANI! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Jack bellowed, crawling from his spot on the floor to be next to her.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket. Between sobs she asked if Jake could call James for her and ask him to come to the office. And that she missed him terribly. She handed her phone to Jake, and he made the call.

About a half hour later, Danika had a grip on herself and James strolled through her office door. "You okay?" he asked.

"JAMES!" Danika yelled, leaping from her chair to give him a hug.

He wrapped his arms around her. "What's wrong?"

"I- I just can't go through a day knowing you won't be there when I get home." she replied.

He laughed. "What's so funny?!" she demanded.

"Nothing, Danika," he said, kissing the top of her head. "I made an appointment for you today in an hour. Want me to take you?"

"I have to take Jake home, then we can go." she replied. Danika went over to her desk. She stacked the papers in her briefcase and put her personal belongings (tube of cherry lipgloss, wallet, keys, phone, three loose credit cards, black iPod nano, and a Nintendo DS) in her purple tote. "C'mon Jakey," she said, and he ran out the door in front of her.

He began to hysterically press the elevator button. "I CALL THE BUTTON INSIDE TOO!" he informed them.

Soon, they were on the way back to their house. When they got there, Dani let Jake in and then rushed to James's car before her mother could see her.

They headed to the doctor.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorryyyy!
is it okay?
comments?
xox,
paige