Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Mystique

Ryan left me quickly.
"The beginning?" I muttered to myself. The old wooden door was faded white and had gold letters on it. 'Anjelah Kherington' it read in small, neat print. I knocked on the door warily. No answer. I knocked louder this time. Still no answer. I tried, out of desperation, opening the door, and to my surprise it was open.

"Anjelah?" I asked into the frightening darkness. Like the door, no answer, "Anjelah Kherington? Brendon sent me. I'm supposed to be the new ballerina." I whispered. A second later bright lights simultaneously turned on. By the time they were all turned on it was like you were in the middle of the sun's core.

"Oh, you're the new one?" a young girl came up from behind me, "Brendon says you're going to be the new, 'Prima Ballerina'." she sneered.

"A-are you A-Anjelah?" I asked, she laughed a cold hearted laugh.

"No. I'm Is-a-bell-a." She stopped at each syllable in her name, "or my stage name, Mystique. The last real, talented ballerina."

"Bella!" a voice rung, "Brendon said to keep away from her! He picked her for a reason!" a lady came out. She was wearing a black robe.

"Humph. If Brendon thinks you can turn this-" Is-a-bell-a pointed a disgusted finger at me, "into the next prima, he's crazy!" she screamed.

"Get out Mystique." the robed lady said. Bella walked out of the room, grumbling to herself. The robed lady took her hood off, "I'm Anjelah. Sorry about Isabella. She's quite mad now."

"Why?" I asked.

"As you heard, she called herself the last real ballerina. She was going to be the next prima ballerina after Jessica died- anyways... But Brendon found you instead. She worked hard for her spot in this circus and she's not ready to give it up." Anjelah sighed, "Plus, she's in love with Brendon. Madly in love. But she knows that he'll never love her back. He was lively, and so kind, before she died... Anyways, his mood changed when Master Brendon found you. Bella's scared he's found a new love."

"New love?" I asked stunned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha!! Cliffhanger! I already finished this whole story in my notebook. And I have already started writing a sequel in my other notebook! Comments/rates/subscriptions/messages make me happy and want to put up more of this!