Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Acquaintance

I exited the door cautious of my surroundings. The hallway would look like a shabby apartment you'd find in the slums of New York City. But if you took a closer look, you'd find intricate carvings on the door frames of old-fashioned theatre designs. The old faded red carpet under your feet was an exuberant walkway for the rich and famous. I turned around to look at Ryan, but he was gone. Having the sense I was alone in the building- however big it was, sent me running toward the room where the woman named Anjelah would be. My surroundings started shaking, like I was in an earthquake. The door frames shook, unlit candles crashed to the floor, windowpanes broke. But I could not feel and shaking, nor could I hear door frames groan in protest like they should be. The only sound was my pattering feet and heavy breathing against the deafening silence. The hallway was spinning at a nauseating pace. I collapsed on the floor giving up.

"Do you need help finding your way?" a kind voice came from behind me. I turned around, scared what I might see. It was a young man, maybe in his 20's or 30's. He had an elaborate costume on. There was a nameplate on his vest, written in silver calligraphy was: Danny Gibson - Illusionist. I stared at the word Illusionist for a short second. And I realized something.... The hallway, it stopped spinning.

"I-I'm looking for Anjelah." I stuttered.

"Oh, you're the new ballerina. Righto." he said with sudden realization to who I was. A door slammed against the already weak door frame.

"Danny! Where are you supposed to be?" Ryan yelled stalking down the hall.

"Sorry sir." Danny choked.

"Get!" Ryan roared. Danny scurried off to wherever he needed to be. Ryan grabbed my arm and rushed me to the end of the hall. During this time I couldn't help but see that Ryan's skin was incredibly pale.

"I'm sorry about that," Ryan whispered, "it's Brendon, he's always watching."

"What's beyond this door?" I questioned.

"The beginning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! Thanks to all that are reading my story! I'm planning on just putting on a chapter every night. Please message, comment, RATE, all that jazz. It really makes my day!! No seriously, that's how sad I am, it really makes my day.