Status: COMPLETE.

One Last Line

Feel

"Hey Butch!" I lifted my head as Sisky called my name. "Quit texting Hanna Hot Stuff for about two minutes, okay? We need to practice."

I chucked the water bottle beside me at his face, but pushed my phone into my pocket anyway. I watched as Carden slapped Sisky in the back of the head as he stuck his tongue out at me (because sadly I had missed his hitting his frizzy head,) and William glare at the both of them.

"Seriously, you guys! We've got this show on the 18th and its going to be big for us, I can feel it. We cannot screw this up!" I was trying to find my second drumstick as I listened to William. For the second time in two minutes I snapped my head up.

"The eighteenth? Of September?" I asked.

"Yea, don't tell me you forgot about it? Its only next Tuesday, Andy!"

"I-I didn't forget..its just.."

He was impatient with me now. "Its just what?"

"Nothing," I said. Nothing but the anniversary of Tatiana's death.

;;

"Is something wrong, babe?" Hanna's voice was close in my ear, her hand wrapping around my own. I shook my head automatically, my fingers tightening around hers.

"I'm just thinking," I told her. Her shoulder bumped against mine, forcing me to look at her. She smiled slightly, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so solemn," she said now. "Tell me what you're thinking about." I shook my head again, and she thankfully dropped the subject.

It was Monday, the seventeenth September. Tomorrow would be the first mark of Tatiana's death, and the five-month mark of Hanna and I. Tomorrow evening, at six PM, The Academy Is... (which we were now, finally. The band's biggest controversy, probably, had to have been coming up with a name) would be playing what felt like our millionth gig. This time would be different. Somehow, William had persuaded someone who persuaded someone else who mentioned our band to some A&R chick, who might come to the show. Maybe.

At the moment, I don't know how to feel. So, naturally, I wished I couldn't.

I wished I couldn't feel at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter left, courtesy of Casey.