Broken Phrases

Rock Skool Green Day Style (First Draft)

*NOTE*:I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. YES, THESE ARE NON-FICTIONAL (REAL) PEOPLE. THIS IS HOW I SEE THEM AND I DON'T WANT TO OFFEND THEM. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE

" Just because Green Day's been practically dead for the last couple years, doesn't mean that they can suddenly hook up with U2 and write crappy music, " Joey mumbled, his eyes fixed on the page Billie was reading.

"What'd you say?" Billie asked threateningly. He hated it when his kids talked shit about his band. Even though it could be amusing.

"I'm just reading an editorial," Joey frowned. He continued reading. " The lame song, The Saints Are Coming is a huge disappointment. Green Day's known for their explicit lyrics and masturbation. U2's songs are used in church. Put these two bands together, well, you got what electricity and water does when mixed together, a really dumb idea.

People are saying Green Day’s going downhill after this. I am one of those people. Green Day’s next album better not be U2 or American Idiot crap. If it does, well, I’m not to blame for the sudden rise of suicide commitment,
”Joey finished. “Um... Dad, are you going to do anything? Dad?”

“Holy shi-” Billie started to say.

“Don’t swear,” Adrienne groaned. “At least, not in front of the kids.”

“Fine,” Billie rolled his eyes. How can you teach your kids not to do stuff, that you do 24/7? “Holy crap, they don’t have to spaz about it.”

“Do something outrageous, like a reality show!” Joey’s voice raised in excitement. “Like...Gene Simmons’s Rock School.”

“Teach a bunch of high school kids to play music? Now way!” Billie scoffed.

“Middle school, younger kids, maybe...grade seven?” Joey suggested.

“This should be discussed with the guys,” Billie frowned.

“Then call them,” Adie rolled her eyes. “It isn’t that hard, just pick up the phone and-”
*
“That could be fun,” Tre’s eyes lit up with excitement. “We don’t have anything better to do.”

“It could...” Mike said slowly. “But who, what, when, where, and why?” Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, always with the questions.

“I already thought of that. 7B class, Rock Skool-Green Day Style, next month, Calgary, St Bonaventure and because The Saints Are Coming flopped and because like Tre said, we have nothing better to do,” Billie replied, saying all this really fast.

“How much would it cost?” Mike pressed on.

“I thought of that too. It basically costs as much as Bullet In A Bible did,” Billie replied. “But probably cheaper. We’re going to air the show on Much Music.” Billie continued blabbing for half an hour.

“Okay then,” Tre blinked a couple times. “My head’s hurting. How’d you come up with all that shit?”
♠ ♠ ♠
The very first draft. I should really continue with this...