That's the Way Things Are

14

I was frantically looking for my car keys all over the house. I couldn't remember where I had put them.

I was going to be late for my doctors appointment.

I was already three months pregnant, and John had already been gone for a month.

I was doing just fine, I just ate and puked a lot.

I groaned in frustration as I stood in the kitchen looking around. Where did I put those damn keys?

I was getting an ultrasound today and would actually have a picture of my baby. I was actually pretty excited about that.

The phone started ringing and I went over and answered.
"What?" I said a little rude. I mean I didn't have my keys, and he was distracting, I needed to get to the doctors

"Is this one of your bad days?"

"I'm a little mad okay? I can't find my car keys and I'm going to be late to my doctors appointment" I said and then soon after realized I just told him I was seeing the doctor. Oops.

"Why are you seeing a doctor?" he asked and I could tell he was worried.

"Don't worry, its just a normal checkup, I'm supposed to get them once in a while" I lied.

"Oh okay" he said relaxing

"I can't find my keys" I whined

"Did you look in the bag of cheetos?" he asked with a laugh

I walked over to the counter where the cheetos layed and opened the bag.

"How did you know they were there? Oh my god your awesome!" I said grabbing my keys out of the bag.

"What? There really there?" he asked laughing

I smiled and gripped my keys in my palm

"John, I have to seriously go"

"Alright, fine, bye Addison" he said still lightly laughing
"Bye John" I said and hung up the phone. I threw the phone the counter and ran out the door.

~~~

I layed on the doctors bed and waited for the doctor to come in

He came in a few minutes later.

"Hey Dr.Reid" I said as I sat up a little

"How are you doing? Any pains? Anything bothering you?"

"Ummm no" I said as he put the cold jellyish lotion on my stomach.

"That's good, your three months along right?"

"Yes, around there"
"Look at the screen, that's your baby, see there's the head" he said pointing.

"Wow" I said as I looked amazed. Just looking at the screen, I knew I loved my baby. Whether I wanted It or not.

~~~

I walked into the kitchen with a little smile on my face. I walked over to the fridge. I looked at the picture of my baby one last time and then took a magnet and put it on the fridge.

I then opened the fridge and looked at the food to see what I should eat.

~~~ one month later~~~

Me and Josh were just hanging out eating pizza in my kitchen. Josh no longer even let me get myself a soda. He treated me like a little kid. He did everything for me.

"Josh, you don't have to do everything" I said as he got me a glass of water.

"I believe I do, and Addy, you know you ate a whole box of pizza by yourself" Josh said laughing jokingly

"Sue me, I'm eating for two" I said laughing too

"Addison!" John yelled as he walked through the front door. I thought he was coming home tomorrow.

"Wait here" I said to Josh as I got up and walked into the living room to see Johns smiling face.

I giggled as I walked over to him
"Hey John" I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"I missed you" he said as he pulled me into a giant gig and hugged me ever so tightly.

I just giggled " I missed you too John. But I thought you were coming home tomorrow"

"Surprise" he said with a laugh as we let go.

"Um Addy, I think I'm going to go" Josh said walking in to the living room.

"Who the fuck is he?!" John yelled. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes tightly. I hated it when people yelled, especially since I was fucking pregnant!

"Chill man, I'm just her friend, Ive only been taking care of her" Josh said and I opened my eyes

"And why the fuck have you been needing to take care of her?!"

"Look you guys need to talk so I'm going to go" Josh said walking past us to the door

"Addison" John said turning to me as Josh left.

"John there's something I should probably tell you" I said quietly

"Tell me now before I go crazy"

I took a deep breath "John, I'm, I'm, I'm pregnant" I said and looked down. I didn't want to see his face.

"Your what?!! Is it mine?!!" he yelled so loud the house could have shaken.

"Stop yelling" I said and was now crying. His face softened and he took a step towards me and then stopped "Is it mine?" he asked quietly.

"Of course John, I haven't been with anyone else" I said as I silently sobbed and the tears slipped down my cheeks." I haven't cheated"

"That party" he said and I think he was talking to himself.

I just bit my bottom lip thinking maybe it would stop my crying, at least a little.

"Addison, I'm sorry, come here" he said as he pulled me into him. He hugged me soothingly. I just sobbed into his chest

"How far along are you" he asked quietly as he still held onto me.

"About four months and two weeks"

"You knew before I left?" he asked sadly as we let go but stayed just as close to each other.

"I found out the day you announced the new tour"

"And you didn't tell me?" he was beyond sad

"You wouldn't have gone on the tour, and look John, I'm just fine,"

"Your right, I wouldn't have gone, but thanks"

"Thanks?"

"You know, for thinking about me. You knew how much I love playing. But Addison, you should have told me, and I know I would have given up the tour for you, but I mean this explains so much, the weird foods, your random yelling, sobbing and happiness. I should have seen it. I guess I just didn't expect it"

"Your right, I should have told you, but I did just fine without you, I mean, yes I did miss you, but I had Josh."

"Did you have to ask a guy of all people to take care of you?"

"He's my best friend, so yes, and leave him alone"

"I won't say anything" he promised.

He then randomly pulled me into a hug again.

"We're going to have a baby" he whispered in my ear and his voice was filled with happiness.

I just pulled away and smiled at him. I didn't even need to ask if he wanted the baby. I could tell by the look in his eyes and the expression on his face that he was thrilled.

"I'm gonna lay on the couch okay?"

"Alright, do you want anything? Are you hungry?"

"No I just had a box of pizza" I said with a light laugh. John smiled at me and then kissed my forhead.

"I'm just going to get a drink okay?"

"Alright" I said and walked over to the couch.

"Oh my god! Addison!" John yelled a minute later.

I got up off the couch and walked into the kitchen to see John looking at a piece of paper

"Is this our baby?" he asked excitedly as he showed me the paper of the ultrasound

"Yea" I said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
its sad with as many readers as I have I barely
get any feedback:(

Well, thanks to everyoneeeee that
comments every chapter I post, hehe You rock:)