That's the Way Things Are

21

"John" I said softly as I looked at his sleeping face. It was around 2 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I had been up all night just looking at the ceiling just thinking about everything.

"John" I said again and again until I saw his eyes flutter open slowly.

He yawned and sat up in bed

"Addison, what time is it? What's going on? Are you okay?" he asked rubbing his eyes awake.

I sat up too and answered "I don't love Kennedy"

"You woke me up to tell me that?" he asked as he looked over at me.

"John look, that's the last thing I want you to think."

"Addison, I can't help but think that, I mean you always stare at him, smile at him and hug him. And it doesn't make it better for me to know that he likes you"

"He likes me?" I asked confused and surprised

"Yea" John said with a laugh. But it wasn't a laugh because it was funny but a laugh because it was pathetic.

"Okay look, at first I sort off liked him. But then it turned into a brotherly love. I swear, and it bothers me that you think I love him. I don't" I said looking away from John and down at my hands. I didn't want the guy I actually loved to think I loved someone else. Wow its so weird to even think I love John. But I do. He's amazing.

"Fine, I believe you"

"No you don't, you say that every time. I'm being completely honest with you John" I said completely desperate

"I believe you, I swear" he said as he put an arm around my shoulders.

"Thanks" I said with a little smile.

"So is that all?" he asked with a yawn

"Ill go on the tour" I said lightly.

"Really?!"he asked super excited. The look on his face was priceless. He looked like a little boy in a candy shop. It was cute so I laughed.

"Yes" I said smiling at his facial expression that continued to stay on his face.

"Your the best" he said and kissed my cheek. My smile just got bigger.

"Well I'm not going to be able to get back to sleep, so let's do something"

"Like what?" I asked with a laugh.

"Hmmm we could go downstairs and watch some DVDs, or go for a walk or-"

"Let's go for a walk" I said excitedly.

He just chuckled. "Alright, let's get dressed"

"okay" I said jumping out of the bed.

"You seem excited"

"I've never gone for a walk at like 2:45 in the morning" I said as I put on one of Johns hoodies.

He just chuckled again

~

"Addison, thanks" John said as we walked down our street.

"For what?"

"Coming on the tour, you know I really wanted to go, but your more important"

"John, I shouldn't be" I said softly

"But your my wife" he said as he took my hand and laced our fingers. I smiled. As I looked down at the sidewalk pavement.
"John I think I -"

And then a puppy ran over to us. Stopping me from telling John I was in love with him. Would you look at that.

"I'm sorry", a girl said as she ran over to us and scooped the little chocolate colored puppy into her arms.

"No problem" John said with a smile.

"Oh my god! Your John O'Callaghan from the Maine!" the girl said excitedly.

"You a fan?" John asked as his smile grew. Why was I jealous? She's just some random girl.

"Yes! I've been to a few of your shows! You guys are amazing!"

John chuckled"thanks" he said and looked down and then back up at the girl. He better not be fucking flirting.

"I had no idea you lived here, do you live close by?"she asked as she repositioned the puppy in her arms.

"Um yea, down that street" John said pointing in the direction of our house.

"I live here" she said smiling pointing to the house behind us.

"Wow that's awesome, and not to be nosy or anything but what are you doing out so late?" John asked with a little laugh. I was just getting more aggravated. I hate being jealous. I mean right now its like I don't exist. None of them are even taking notice to me standing there.

"My puppy needed to be taken out" she said with a giggle.

"Oh, okay, that's reasonable" he said with his breath taking smile.

"What are you doing out?" she said completely ignoring me. Go figure

"Oh um, just a random action" John said looking over at me for the first time, realizing I was there.

"Oh okay" she said with a laugh "Well I guess I have to take my pup in" she said as her puppy barked.

"Alright, nice meeting you uh uh, I'm sorry I didn't catch your name"

"Its Megan" she said with a cheesy smile. I just rolled my eyes. Its not like they saw it, they were to busy with each other

"maybe ill catch you around" John said as she started to walk away

"Yea maybe" she said and then turned and walked away. What a flirty thing for a girl to do. Not even say bye, just basically walk away leaving the guy to stare behind her, and of course John was.

I didn't even realize I was still holding his hand. I snatched my hand away and walked away from him.

"Addison, wait up" John said as he jogged a little to catch up with me.

"Let's get home" I said as I sped up my walk

"What's wrong?And what were you saying before?" he asked as he increased his walk to keep up with me.

"Nothing, and its not important" I said simply

He tried to grab my hand again but I swung it away from him.

"Okay what's wrong" he asked stopping me.

"Nothing" I said again as I tempted to walk again but he stopped me.

"Tell me now" he said forcefully

"I don't like that girl" I said crossing my arms across my chest and looked down.

All I heard was John laugh

I uncrossed my arms and looked at him"Stop laughing, why are you laughing?" I whined.

"Your cute when your jealous" he said still laughing.

"John, stop, I'm not jealous" I whined again.

"Its cute, so its okay, but don't worry, you have nothing to fear, I'm all yours sweetheart"

"John stop, I'm not jealous"

"Whatever you say darling, let's get home" he said still laughing as he swung his arm across me shoulders and led me to our house.

~
Me and John walked into our house and I raised my arms in the air, stretched and yawned.

"John" I laughed as he tickled me

"You do realize its like 4 right? And I'm not tired" John said as he stopped tickling me.

"I can sleep if I want, but I don't want to" I said as I took off Johns hoodie that I was wearing

"Oh" he said with a chuckle.

"Come on, let's watch a movie" he said as he pulled me into the living room.

"I get to pick the movie" I said as I went and looked through our DVDs as John sat on the couch

"We are so watching this" I said holding up A Walk To Remember. Such a cute movie.

"Addison"John whined

"Jeez, what is it with guys and cute movies? You need to swallow your egos and suck it up"I said as I popped in the movie.

"Its a chick flick" he whined as I sat down next to him.

"Shhh the movies going"

He just groaned and leaned back further on the couch bringing me with him as he wrapped his arm around me and I layed my head on his chest. I would be lying if I said I didn't love this position.

Halfway through the movie I was wondering if John fell asleep. He hadn't said anything through the movie. I looked up at him to see his eyes open watching the movie intently.

I think he felt my eyes on him because he looked down at me and gave me a smile.

"You seem into the movie" I said smiling back

"Its not that bad, but I mean does anyone seriously love each other that much? I mean does that kind of love even exist?" he asked quietly but seriously.

I lifted my head off his chest and looked at him." I can't exactly answer that question" I said a little awkwardly.

He just have me a small disappointed smile.

I bit my lower lip and then did something totally unexpected. I kissed him straight on the lips.

I pulled away quickly "Oh my god! I'm so sorry" I said and jumped off the couch.

"No Addison-" he started

"I'm so sorry John, I shouldn't have I-" and then I didn't even finish my sentence I just ran out of the living room hearing John get off the couch

"Addison, come back stop!" he yelled after me.

I just ran into the downstairs bathroom locked the door and slid down the back. How could I do that? Am I insane? I started crying lightly.

"Addison open this fucking door" John said from the other side as he jiggled the doorknob and I felt him bang on the door.

I just hid my face in my knees and cried.

I was embarrassed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is going to be
the last chapter I post if I
dont get more comments.
Maybe ill start another story....