That's the Way Things Are

08

I walked through the front door of mine and Johns house and a huge smile spread across my face. I was beyond happy to be home. Not that tour wasn't fun or anything, but I missed the warmness of my bed, and now I would be sleeping in one place.

"Your happy" John said with a chuckle as he dropped our bags next to the door and closed it.

"Home sweet home" I said with a smile as I walked towards the staircase

"Where are you going?"

"To sleep in my warm bed"

"Okay" John said with a laugh.

~~~

I woke up from my wonderful nap a few hours later.

I walked down the hall and gently knocked on Johns door thinking he might be in there.

No one answered or said come in so I just opened the door to find a empty room. I closed the door and walked downstairs.

The house was oddly quiet. I didn't hear the TV, nothing, I walked around the house yelling Johns name.

After about 15 minutes I came to the conclusion he wasn't home. Whatever, its not like I cared.

I flopped down on the couch in front of the TV, grabbed the remote and turned it on. I missed this.
~
John didn't even come home. I was freaking a little I guess. I mean it was past nine.

I called his cell a few times but it went immediately to his voice mail.

He's such an asshole, he could have at least left me a note or something. Oh god, I was actually acting like a worried frantic wife. Shoot me.

I was pacing the kitchen back and forth biting my nails.

We just got home, what could have been so important that he had to leave? And not even tell me? I fucking hate that fucker. Yes I was beyond mad.

When the clock hit 11, I decided to just go to bed.

~

I woke up the next morning, walked out of my room and down the hall to Johns.

I didn't even knock, I just went in. If he wasn't there I was going to seriously kill him with a kitchen knife.

But of course he was there, peacefully sleeping on his bed.

"Where the fuck were you?!" I screamed and he instantly shot up.

"Why didn't you tell me where you were going?! Why where you gone so late?!" I screamed again

"Calm the fuck down!" he yelled back at me

"Where were you?!"

"That's none of your fucking business"

"I'm your wife! I believe it is!"

"You don't run my life, I can do what I want, when I want"

"FUCK YOU!" I yelled and slammed his door shut.

I hate being married to this asshole.

~~~

"Hey mom" I said as I gave her a hug.

"Hey sweety"

We were all at a picnic at the cliffs. A whole bunch of our friends and family where here.

"Where's John?" my mom asked as we walked over to a picnic table and sat

"Talking to his dad I think"

"Oh okay, so how is everything?"

I sighed.
"Mom we fight a lot" I whispered.

"Honey, that's normal, look every couple fights, its normal"

"Okay" I said as my aunt Carey
Put a plate of food in front of me and kissed my cheek. I said thanks to her as she walked away.

"I'm going to go see how your aunt Janice is doing okay?"

"Alright" I said with a sigh. I just sat at the table by myself as I just looked at my food.

"Hey Addison" John said as he sat down next to me and kissed me on the cheek.

We heard awes from behind us and we turned around to see Johns younger cousins goofing around as they looked at us with cheesy smiles and then all ran off.

"What's wrong? Why arnt you eating?" John asked as he watched me stare at the plate of food in front of me.

I just shrugged.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" John asked as he slid closer to me

"Where do you always go? Who are you always on the phone with?" I asked as I turned my head to look at him.

"I do have a band" he said a little harshly

"Fuck you John" I said and got up from the table

"Addison, look, let's not do this here" he said as he grabbed my hand bringing me back to him"Not in front of everyone"

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes.

"Let's go for a walk, let's go to the edge of the cliffs" he suggested

"Fine, just let me tell my mom"

"okay"

I went and told my mom me and John were going for a walk and she smiled and said to make sure I was back before everyone decided to leave. I said fine and went back to John.

Me and John walked quietly to the edge, our hands brushing here and there. After a few minutes he took my hand and laced our fingers. I smiled gently at him and then looked back down.

"I'm sorry, its just I don't like to be in the house all day. I like to go out, hang with people, you know? I mean every time I ask you if you want to do something, you go I'm fine here."

"I get it" I said quietly.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone a lot"

"Its okay I guess, I mean I guess I really shouldn't care what you do, I mean I don't want to be controlling or anything, but I don't know, I care I guess" I said as we stopped right at the edge of the cliff. I looked down and John tightened his grip on my hand. " I won't fall" I said with a little laugh

"Well its better to be safe the sorry, and I like how you care by the way, I mean its cute" he said with a cocky smile

"Shut up" I said and playfully shoved him with the hand he wasn't holding.

"Let's back away from the edge a little, I'm getting scared" he said jokingly and we took a step back.

This was actually the calmest time me and John spent together since we got back from the tour

~~~

John was singing in the shower and I couldn't help but laugh as I sat on the couch.

I playfully shook my head as he sang the second verse to everything I ask for.

I flipped the channel on the TV not really paying attention to what was going. I was just listening to John sing his heart out.

After a few seconds, Johns phone started vibrating frantically on the coffee table. I was deciding whether to answer it or not. I picked up his phone and looked at his called ID. All it said was '<3'

I was a little confused and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I asked

"Ummm hey, is John there?"

"He's in the shower, who's this?" I asked completely confused

"Oh you must be Addison, I'm Daisy"she said extremely cheery

"Daisy?" I choked out

"Yea, you know, Johns girlfriend, he said you knew about us and where completely cool with it, you know considering you don't love each other or anything"

" I thought you guys broke up?" I said my voice shaking

"No...not that I know of" she said confused.

I didn't even respond. I just hung up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha see if you comment i update faster:P