Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Control.

SOPHIA P.O.V

I think I had too much to drink last night; no, let me rephrase that. I know I had too much to drink last night. I know this because I am a light weight, a light weight who distinctly remembers shooting back numerous flutes of champagne and having done three tequila shots courtesy of her best friend Lana. Oh and on top of all that, I proceeded to grab and kiss Alex’s face at his place. I am never drinking again! Lana may not have got me completely wasted as intended but she did a pretty good job of giving me enough to drink to cloud my judgement and pull what I did last night. I thought as I recalled the events.

----------

I had absentmindedly placed a kiss on Alex’s cheek. It was meant to be a kiss of gratitude for the gorgeous piece of jewelry I held in my hand, but the moment my lips met his cheek that definitely was not the case. A hint of lust was detected on my lips, then again, that could have been the alcohol playing tricks on me, but to comply to my lips, I let them linger for a brief moment. Granted, my mind could understand what was going on I just couldn’t stop myself from acting, especially after making the mistake of looking to his eyes once I pulled away. His mischievous, dark, chocolate brown eyes; basically, I was a goner. As we locked eyes I felt gravity pulling me towards him. My head was screaming at me to stop, to pull back and leave him alone, but my body clearly didn’t get the message. I noted how his stubble ridden face felt as my hands laid on his jawline. How he seemed paralyzed under my touch and how sweet he tasted when I pushed my lips onto the corner of his. My head had won a small feat by misleading my initial destination of his lips, to the corner, but that was hardly an accomplishment.

As my lips were momentarily on a piece of his, I knew that this was the closest I’d ever get, so I selfishly savoured the taste of his lips before pulling away. I leaned against Alex’s chest after his smile made it clear he didn’t think I was completely insane for doing what I just did. Friends do not kiss other friends. They just don’t. Alex had his arms wrapped loosely around me as I readjusted myself in his arms so that my back was leaning against his chest while my head could still tilt back and rest comfortably on his shoulder. I don’t know how long we sat like that, but it didn’t matter. As we sat like that in a comfortable silence as I let my eyes fall shut but was still awake. I thought about how despite my wishes, my feelings for Alex were growing and how in just three short weeks, he’d be leaving. I frowned inwardly at the thought of not having him around. I didn’t want him to leave, I wanted him to stay.

I guess I had my eyes shut for quite some time because without warning, Alex scooped my up in his arms and began to carry me through the dimly lit house, to an unknown destination. My eyes remained shut as I soaked in the feeling of being in his arms. Last time he held me in his arms like this, I was passed out, so needless to say I tried to enjoy it while I could. A girl can be a little selfish on her birthday, right?

“Alex?” I breathed, my eyes still closed. “What are you doing?”

“I thought you were asleep.” He chuckled lightly. “I was going to let you sleep in my bed again.”

I expected Alex to put me down, but instead he kept his hold on me while walking up the stairs.

“Alex?...”

“Stay here tonight.” He said darkly. Once I heard his tone my eyes immediately flew open.

I looked at his face seeing a new expression, one I hadn’t seen on him before- nor know what it was. I furrowed my brows at his demand hoping he’d notice and elaborate. Complying with my curious gaze, he look down at me and his face softened.

“I wouldn’t want you to take a cab alone... just, stay here tonight.” He sighed.

I remained silent for a minute. I knew arguing with Alex on this subject would be pointless, I was starting to feel light headed and he’d end up winning; he already was considering we were now in his room.

“Okay...” I whispered taking note of Hannah sleeping in the room. “But I don’t have anything to sleep in.”

Alex set me down the bed where I lied just weeks before. Through the darkness of his room I saw him make a b-line for the drawers.

“My pajama’s are probably going to be too big for you. Umm, try these.” He finished as he pulled out a grey v-neck shirt and a pair of flannel plaid boxers. I was a bit flustered since he just handed me a pair of his boxers, but accepted them thankfully none the less.

“Sorry.” He whispered, noting my gape at the clothes.

“Oh no its perfect, thank you!” I smiled back as I began to mindlessly shimmy the bottom of my dress up to put on the boxers first.

“...I umm, I’ll let you change in here, I’ll be just outside the door.” He said quickly.

“Thanks Alex.” I whispered back as he shut the door. I pulled the boxers on, hiking up my dress all the way so I could get them on. The soft piece of fabric was a bit big as is hung very loosely on my hips so I rolled the elastic band until they hung comfortably. I pushed the fabric of my dress back down covering the boxers then attempted to pull down the zipper of the dress. The operative word in that phrase being attempted. I scratched sloppily at the zipper but couldn’t get it. How did I get this thing on in the first place? I felt ridiculous since I kept scratching at the zipper and couldn’t get it. God, I am never drinking again, I noted as I found this a tedious task. Without thinking I opened the door revealing Alex’s poorly illuminated figure leaning patiently against the wall.

“Soph?” He laughed, as he took note of my pout and dress clinging sloppily to my body. “I thought you were changing.”

“I was but I can’t get the zipper. Could you take this off for me?” I blurted out bluntly, oblivious to the double meaning of my choice of words. I pulled my hair to one side and over my shoulder as I turned around to raise my brows at him.

Alex kicked off the wall as I turned my head back so I wasn’t facing him. He took a second before placing one hand on my the edge of the dress while the other began to lower the zipper. Once he begun to pull down the zipper his other hand moved from the edge of the dress, to my waist as the dress began to fall down and reveal my bare back. My head told me to hold my dress before it fell and left me exposed but my body was too slow to react. Just seconds later, I was rendered motionless as I felt Alex’s hot breath on the back of my neck. Shivers ran down my exposed spine as his breath continued to burn my skin. Once again I was mere putty in his hands and although it was too dark to tell, my face was quickly heating up, and it wasn’t just the effect of the alcohol. He finished unzipping my dress but let his hands linger on either side of my waist. Goose bumps were running wild over the flesh his breath was slowly approaching. I felt like my head was spinning as his breathing hovered hallow of my neck just above my collarbone. It just, felt so good.

“I don’t think I mentioned how beautiful you look tonight.” Alex stated lowly as his arms made their way around my waist securely and he pressed his chest into my back and keeping my dress from falling. His breath tickling my skin as he continued. “You look amazing.”

“T-thank you A-Alex.” I stuttered as I was taken back by his sudden advancements. My head kept spinning from his touch and the tequila settling in. I tilted my head to look up at Alex despite my head telling me not to and saw the same expression he wore earlier through the dark shadows of the hall. My heart began to race uncontrollably as I was unsure as to what was going to happen next.

Alex stared down at my perplexed expression and soon his face became hard. He unwrapped his arms from my waist and set me free.

“Here,” He started, handing me the grey v-neck. “You should put this on.”

Alex turned swiftly and made his way downstairs. What had just happened? Why did Alex leave so quickly? and what was that expression on his face? I am so confused! The thoughts swimming through my head as I turned around and slipped the shirt on quickly before carelessly shimmying the dress off from under the v-neck. I placed my dress on a chair by the window in Alex’s room before taking out the flower barrette in my hair and the current bracelet I had on. I continued to let my thoughts crash into each other as I nervously proceeded down the stairs to find Alex.

Should I even be following him? I thought as I was creeping quietly down the stairs in case I wanted to turn back. I heard a low murmur of what I assumed was the television as the blue light from the tube flickered along the walls as it was the only light source down there. Maybe I should turn back... I thought just before fumbling on the last step.

“Soph, is that you?” Alex called from the couch.

“Yeah, sorry.” I said, mentally slapping myself. I approached him as I crossed my arms protectively over my chest as I joined him on the couch. We watched Saturday Night Live in silence until Alex spoke.

“What’s wrong Soph?” He asked referring to my crossed arms. “Are you cold?”

“Oh umm... yeah I-I’m a bit cold.” I lied. I didn’t have my arms crossed over my chest because I was cold, it was because I was very clear that I was not wearing a bra.

“I should have pulled one out for you earlier, here.” He said removing the sweater he was currently sporting.

“Thank you Alex,” I spoke quietly before giggling. “I’m sorry I keep stealing your clothes.”

“My clothes look good on you.” He laughed before pulling me towards him. Almost automatically Alex wrapped his arm around me and we adjusted ourself so we could lie down comfortably as we watched. “Happy Birthday Soph.”

The last thing I remembered, was that this was the best birthday I could have asked for.

----------

I finished taking my shower after recalling last nights events. Alex had drove me home in the morning and let me keep his red hoodie, grey v-neck and boxers. I felt extraordinarily scandalous as I walked up my steps and waved goodbye to Alex. I offered to let him come in for some breakfast but the two of us woke up and left before Hannah so he had to get back quickly.

I changed into a fresh pair of pj shorts and into his grey v-neck from last night. I wasn’t planning on leaving the house today so I thought it was fitting that I wore pjs. I cozied myself on the couch with a bowl of soup and let the sounds of Brighten fill the room. I ate my soup before I heard the doorbell ring.

“Your party was killer, you should have been there.” Audrey laughed, as I let her in with boxes and bags from last night.

“Ha.Ha. Very funny Audie.”

“So... spill.”

“Spill what?” I asked reassuming my place on the couch.

“You and Alex last night! You two were all over each other. So what happened?!” Audrey exclaimed plopping down beside me.

“Umm... n-nothing.” I lied remembering certain events from last night. “Have you forgotten he and I are just friends?”

“Please, the way you two act around each other, you’re not friends.”

“But we are.” I frown.

“But you don’t want to be.” She countered.

“... I don’t know what I want.” I confessed.

“Sooie...” Audrey said pulling me into a hug. “Why, what’s wrong?”

“I haven’t felt this before, Evan never made me feel like this either and it terrifies me.”

“Soph, its normal to be a little scared.” She cooed.

“Audie, I don’t know what to do. I’m different around Alex, like, I can’t control my feelings when I’m with him. I almost kissed him last night!”

“Awee sweetie- wait you did what?”

“Audie! Not the point...” I replied all flustered.

“Sorry. Oh Sooie, I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Audie, you’re my big sister. Tell me what to do, because I don’t know.”

“Sooie, I wish I could, but I can’t do that, this is important and you need to figure it out for yourself. You can’t have someone else tell you.” She cooed pulling me into another hug.

“Audie. I feel so confused. And Alex is leaving in three weeks, I’m already loosing him.” I mumbled.

“Trust me, you won’t lose him. He cares about you more than you realize.”

“How do you know?”

“I can tell by the way he looks at you, trust me Soph, you won’t lose him.” Audrey smiled before releasing me from another hug. “Now lets eat some of the left over cupcakes from last night, they’re in my trunk with the rest of your stuff.”

“Oh Audie...” I giggled as she stood up and ran for the front door.

----------

ALEX P.O.V:

Sophia and I were laid out on the couch and she had just fallen asleep in my arms. I had to say, I couldn’t be more relieved that she wasn’t wearing that dress anymore, not because she didn’t look gorgeous in it, but because I didn’t know how long I could have resisted her. If she wore that dress any longer than she did, I think I would have ripped off the dress and taken her right there. On the floor. In the hall. I am such a fucking pig, what is she doing with someone like me?

I groaned inwardly as I thought back to just hours ago when she asked me to unzip her dress. I swear fate hates me, or else it wouldn’t have put a half naked Sophia in front of me and expected me not to do anything. It was just too tempting, Sophia stood there with her back towards me and the fabric of her unzipped dress hung dangerously loose on her petite frame. I couldn’t think straight, my body just automatically reacted when I wrapped my arms around her and pressed her to my chest. It was like my mind was about to shut off and let another part of me take over. It took everything in me to not kiss her vulnerable flesh, and leave a trail of kisses all over her neck. If I did drink tonight, I think this would have been a very different story.

Sophia has been making me want her more and more as I spend time with her without her even realizing it. I keep catching myself wanting and thinking of her in ways a friend shouldn’t. In these past five weeks I’ve growing more and more attracted to Sophia than some of the girlfriends I had back in high school. At first I’ll admit there was an automatic physical attraction, but common, who wouldn’t feel that way after one look at her, but that’s beside the point. Now, I find myself wanting her and not just her body which was something I don't do. She’s smart, even though she won’t admit it. She’s funny without realizing it. She’s a complete sweetheart, and genuinely cares about Hannah.

I held Sophia closer in my arms never wanting to let her go as I continued to think. As much as I’ve fallen for Sophia, I know that she thinks of me as a friend. She told me a while ago, I was one of the few people she trusted, and even if I want her more than I’ve ever wanted anyone else, I would be perfectly content being just friends with her. I just wanted her in any way she would let me have her, and if that meant being just friends, then I’d take it. I looked down at her once more before turning clicking the off button on the remote and falling asleep.

----------

“So.” Jack smirked.

“So what?” I barked back.

“You and Soapie... did you guys, you know.”

“Wha-- wait. No! We didn’t do anything douche bag.” I answered flatly.

“Well sorry for stating the obvious conclusion when a) you two are sleeping on the couch together and b) she was half naked, in your clothes.”

“Shut the fuck up, you and I both know she’s not like that.”

“True, but she was drinking last night. Girls get frisky when they’re drunk.” Jack winked, completely disregarding my harsh words.

“She wasn’t drunk... well, maybe a bit buzzed, but definitely not drunk.”

“Oh, buzzed huh?” Jack smirked raising his eye brows. “What’d she do?”

“She was just a little more friendly than usual.”

“Friendly?”

“Yeah, she was a bit more affectionate than usual.”

“Well, common. Tell me, what’d she do?”

“She just kissed my face a few times, oh and she started to take off her dress in front of me before asking me to take it off for her.”

“She asked what?!” Jack blurted out before calling out, “Ri are you listening to this?!”

“What, umm yeah.” He lied.

“Dude get in here and sit the fuck down! Soapie asked Alex to take her dress off last night!” Jack yelled at Rian, before I slapped his head for yelling that when Hannah was napping upstairs.

“Say what?!” Rian joined the second he heard Jack.

“I know right. That was the same face I gave her before realizing she was talking about the zipper.” I chuckled.

“Dude, how much did she drink last night?” Rian joked.

“I don’t know, but she is never allowed to drink more than what she did last night when she’s around me. I had to keep reminding myself Hannah was sleeping just upstairs then entire time to keep it in my pants.” I confessed.

“Brah, I don’t know how you do it. If my cock was teased that much, I would have banged her right there, against the wall, up her dress- teenage style.” Jack laughed.

“Yeah but you’ll fuck anything.” Rian and I snickered.

“Not true! I didn’t bang Soapie’s friend Lana, even though that girl is hot as fuck.” Jack countered.

“Yeah but you probably eye-raped her all night.” Rian laughed.

“I won’t deny that.”

“You’re sick you know that.” I laughed.

“What she was smokin’ but that’s not the point. Dude, when are you going to tell Soapie?”

“Let me think about that...umm, never!” I stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Why not?”

“Because she thinks we’re friends, and if I did tell her, she wouldn’t feel the same way and she’d avoid me. I rather be seen as just a friend than nothing at all to her.”

“Dude, stop being a fucking pussy and just tell her. Soph, is mature enough not to be like that.” Rian argued.

“You’re right, she probably wouldn’t, but I just don’t want to fuck this up.”

“So you’re going to tell her?” Jack beamed.

“Eventually I guess, but not now. I need to figure some things out.”

“Well I’m glad to hear your finally manning up. Just don’t forget, we just have three weeks left here.” Rian smiled weakly.

“I know, believe me, I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Umm, yeah. I'm kinda sketch about this chapter, but hopefully you'll like it. (:

Let me know what you think? Likes, dislikes?

Oh and sorry my updates are being slow. Blame exams, and that fact that I need to do well. ):