Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Surprise.

“So you miss me, huh?” Sophia spoke with a coy smile adorning her lips.

“Pfft, what kind of question is that.” Alex answered. “We both know that answer would be a definite yes.”

“Plus,” He started. “I miss seeing your cute face and you strutting around while recording.”

Sophia rolled her eyes, she could picture the smirk on his lips perfectly as Alex’s voice teased her like he always did. Yet despite knowing his playful tendencies, her cheeks burned until a rosy flush was evident, while a small smile peaked its way onto her lips.

“You’re terrible.” She huffed. “And I do not strut.”

“I was kidding love, but yes- actually you do. I can tell because your skirts always has that flow to it when you walk and your hips do this sway thing...” Alex started, but soon began to trail off.

“Alex!” Sophia shrieked almost afraid to know where his perverted little mind was wandering.

“--Kidding love, kidding.” Alex laughed through the phone. Just about a month had passed since the boys left for Baltimore and New Jersey to finish recording. Now, the boys were resting before starting their supporting tour with Fall Out Boy. As far as Sophia and Alex were concerned, touring only meant it be harder for the two to communicate, seeing as Alex would in a new time zone every couple of days.

The two had been dancing around their mishap from weeks prior not once bringing it up again. Instead, they instantly resumed their friendship like nothing had happened, if anything they’d become closer. Talking everyday, whether it be via text, ichat or phone- they found a way.

“So hows my favourite little assistant record producer?”

“She’s okay- totally bummin’ because she hasn’t seen her favourite person in a while.”

“Oh, so you’ve missed me?”

“No- I was talking about Hannah.” Sophia joked- trying to fake all seriousness.

“Oh, getting sassy with me now?”

“And, what if I am?”

“Well I guess I won’t tell you my surprise then.” Alex teased back- just as Sophia had done to him.

“Oh, surprise?”

“Yeah, a surprise- its a pretty big one but I’m not going to tell you anymore.” Alex continued to tease, taunting Sophia.

“Mmmm,” She frownded. “Common. Tell me, pretty please.”

“Hmmm...” Alex mused. “Nope, not telling.”

“Please Alex,” Sophia continued to plea, feeling slightly ridiculous. The two continued their childish banter, neither willing to give up. Their witty squabble was cut short, and soon Alex had to go.

“Soph, Matt’s being a little bitch again- I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“And tell me the surprise right?” She giggled.

“Maybe, we’ll see.”

“Ugh, kay fine, leave me- then don’t even tell me what the surprise is. I see how it Gaskarth.” She dramatized. “Clearly, you don’t love me anymore.”

“Mmm Soph, I do love you-” Alex chuckled, knowing Sophia was only joking as he could hear the mocking tone in her voice.

“Sure buddy, sure.”

“I have to go now, you’ll find out Saturday okay?”

“In two days...” Sophia whined, purposely trying to both annoy and guilt Alex into revealing detail of his surprise.

“Yes- a whole two days. You’re just going to have to tough it out.” Alex continued to laugh.

“Ugh, kay fine. I see how it is.” She joked. “You should go now, I can hear Matt yelling at you.”

“I know, isn’t he annoying.” Alex stressed, speaking up so Matt could hear him.

“Okay bye Alex, love you fool.”

“Love you.”

----------

Alex called like promised the next day, ignoring all questions Sophia asked about the surprise he had in store. He continued like there was no surprise, no longer taunting Sophia but ignoring the topic completely. After a while Sophia stopped inquiring knowing she was going to get nothing out of him, and would just have to wait to find out.

Work zipped by as Sophia became impatient waiting for Saturday to arrive and Alex’s surprise to be revealed. Unfortunately Alex’s surprise had the worst timing. Being the daughter of a record producer meant on most occasions she’d have to represent her father, in this case, making her rounds and putting out good press by going to another festival that was down in Irvine, California.

Sophia woke up Saturday morning caught between a mix of emotions. On one hand she was stoked for Alex’s surprise- seeing as at anytime he would call and tell her what it was. On the other hand, she’d be waiting for that call while on the job, about three hours away from home.

Sophia frowned, cursing the time as she looked up from under her cozy pillow and up at her obnoxious alarm clock. It’s too early for this on a Saturday morning, she thought while mentally preparing herself to leave the warm comfort of her plush bed sheets. She soaked in the morning light gleaming through the thin fabric of her curtains, while a few shreds of light managed to beam through the cracks in between them. Groaning as she finally began to rise off the mattress, Sophia stretched waking her sleeping bones.

A light buzz began to fill the room as Sophia escaped her bed, pulling the covers over into a neat fold. Searching for the source of the noise, she found her blackberry glowing from her night table beside her reading chair. Ceasing her morning routine, she scurried over picked up the phone and plopped down on her freshly made bed- ruining the crisp sheet she had just pulled.

1 New Message, it read.
ALEX:
Mornin’ cute stuff. I hope you’re ready for your surprise, it’d pretty awesome if I do say so myself. (-; But then again I’m bias since it is my surprise. Anyways, its still early- and I know how you like your sleep so I’ll call you in the afternoon. LOVE YOU! and I know you already love me, so yeah. Peace.

RE:
Morning to you too! Hahah, I’m actually awake for once. I know shocker, right? But its not so stellar, I have to work today. )-: My dad is making me do press for him at some music festival. Its okay, cause you’re surprise will make it all better, it better be good. (-;

Buzz.
ALEX:
Oh? You’re working today. Well that’s no fun. Now you won’t be able to fully enjoy the surprise. )-; Tell your dad he’s a meanie for me, kay? A festival huh, well try and have some fun!

RE:
Yup, all work and no play today. But I heard from some friends this festival thing is supposed to be fun, too bad its down in Irvine which is going to take forever to get to. Hahah, that’s probably why my dad rather I go instead of him. d-; But hahah! I’ll tell him he’s a meanie, especially if I get a sunburn from being out in the sun all day! This Bamboozle is some serious business, ya know? (-;

Buzz.
ALEX:
Boozle?! Well that should be fun. I have to get ready now- I’ll call you later to unveil your super amazing totally awesome surprise, okay? You better like it, by the way. d-; I can almost guarantee it’ll brighten up your day working at Bamboozle love. And don’t get burned!

RE:
I’ll be waiting! :-3

Sophia smiled down at her phone, before rising off her bed for the second time this morning. She followed her morning routine, and soon found herself in a towel back in her room looking for an outfit to wear. She knew it was going to be warm, but cold later on at night- meaning a sweater or jacket was definitely in order. Sophia rummaged through her closet pulling out her grey zip up motorcycle hoodie. Spotting a pair of dark denim shorts and a loose purple tank top. Sophia deemed her attire appropriate for the day, slipping the clothes on quickly. She shoved her necessary belongings inside a large purple purse and headed downstairs to prepare some breakfast before getting stuck in traffic on her way to Bamboozle.

Swiftly following her morning coffee and bagel, Sophia grabbed her purse double checking to make sure everything was in order before leaving the house. Stuck in afternoon traffic Sophia listened to the voices of Brighten in her car as she slowly drove towards Irvine. She waited a painful three hours and twenty minutes on the highway before finally making it to her destination.

----------

“Dude, what are you doing?” Jack questioned, his head popping over Alex’s shoulder to see what he was doing.

“Lurking, what does it look like dumb ass.” Alex replied, sarcasm practically dripping from each word. As Alex turned away from the bus he was standing beside.

“Sorry, man.” Jack rolled his eyes before continuing. “But seriously, what are you doing?”

“I’m scoping out the crowd, I want to see whose showed up already.”

“Well I know Bree is here, and I think Audrey and Hanna are here too.”

“Mmmm,” Alex mused- ignoring Jack, continuing to scan the crowd while planning how to execute his surprise for Sophia. Jack quickly took note of Alex’s distracted replies and spoke out.

“Hey, shouldn’t you be off sexting Soapie or something?”

Sexting?” Alex turned, now facing Jack with his eye brows raised.

“Yeah, sexting. Sex and texting. Duh.” Jack snickered.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny douchebag. And I don’t sext Sophia.”

“Yes, actually you do. Or at least you wish you could sext her all day.” Jack joked- implying a double meaning in his words. “Don’t you?”

“Shut up. How many times do I have to say it before you actually remember. Sophia and I are just f--”

“Fucking, I know- I know.” Jack cut in, snickering at his own joke. Laughing until Alex hit him across the head that is.

“Friends. You idiot.” Alex stated, clearly annoyed with his best friend.

“I’m kidding man, lighten up.”

Alex rolled his eyes at Jack, before the two started bickering again, but then again- that is what these two best friends do best. Jack continued to push Alex’s buttons about Sophia, until Matt had to pull the two apart to get them ready to preform later. Oh Flyzik, poor guy- always surrounded by children.

----------

Sophia continued to wander the grounds running into a few familiar faces. Throughout all her quick run-ins she caught herself fading from the conversations becoming more and more distracted as she noted Alex still hadn’t called yet. Wondering what was taking him so long, she politely excused herself from the conversations and began to wander again.

Sophia soon found herself by the front gates near the buses. She spotted the buzznet tent and was about to ventured towards buzznet’s booth before a dark shadow cast itself over her. The shade was more than welcomed by Sophia, but it gave her a slight shock seeing as it came from virtually no where and that it took the form of a person. As she turned over, she shrieked.

“ALEX!” She yelled from excitement. Alex merely laughed as Sophia leaped off the dirt floor and jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

“Surprise!” He continued to laugh as he placed his hands underneath her to keep Sophia from falling. Sophia dug her face into his neck, hugging him as tightly as possible, afraid that if she let go- he’d be gone. In all her excitement she proceeded to toss away all thought and merely act on impulse. In her temporary burst of spontaneity Sophia pulled her face away from Alex’s shoulder and face him. Upon seeing his face, Sophia’s rational shut off and she did something she never thought she would do. Sophia cupped Alex’s face closing her eyes, feeling the stubble along his unshaven jaw beneath her finger tips and planted her lips on his. In all Sophia’s excitement, a spark lit up inside her, triggering her unprecedented behaviour. She pushed her lips fully onto his, kissing him with as much passion she had building inside her. But as quickly as her impulses acted, she regained composure and pulled away before Alex could fully process what had happened.

The kiss didn’t last long, nor had it escalated from a mere lips to lips kiss. But the raw hunger within both of them was now at a new height. Sophia opened her eyes, as did Alex, the two merely staring at each other. Sophia’s legs remained hooked around his waist while his arms locked in position, holding her up. Sophia was frozen, once her arms rested on Alex’s shoulders and her eyes fixed on his. Alex’s eyes bore into Sophia’s the same way hers did to his. Both searching to answer the same question, what the hell just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, lame surprise on my part- sorry it kinda sucked.
Kay so, I promised myself I wouldn't go to sleep until this was posted.
Because Danielle is wonderful and updated Laser Life, and I OWE her this.
It is now 8:30am D:
I'm going to sleep until 3 in the afternoon. Goodnight. (:

p.s I didn't proofread this yet- seeing as I'm in dire need of sleep- so I apologize for the horrendous grammar and spelling mistakes!

Links:
Sophia's outfit