Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Dependent.

SOPHIA P.O.V:

Alex held me in his arms and I could help but feel better. I think its safe to say he has a calming effect over me. I took a deep breath and pulled away a bit.

“Thanks Alex.” He just smiled in response. “You too Hannah, thanks for making me feel better.” Hannah smiled and hugged my leg again.

“I should probably get ready now... umm just make yourselves at home, I need to go upstairs and get dressed.”

I walked over and turned of the t.v for them putting it onto disney channel for Hannah.
Alex placed her on the couch and I turned into the kitchen and grabbed a box of rainbow cookies and a glass of milk and placed them on the coffee table beside Hannah. I re-opened the fridge and picked out a couple flavors of vitamin water and pop for Alex to choose. He politely accepted the orange-orange flavored vitamin water and I put the rest back into the fridge. I excused myself once more before making my way up stairs. I walked up the stairs and closed my door. I sunk down behind it and held my head for a minute before untying my heels. I wasn’t going to cry over Evan, I refused.

I got up off the floor and walked barefoot around my room gathering clothes and a towel. I stepped into the bathroom and turned on my shower. I stripped quickly and got in. The water was warm and as I stood there I kept replaying the argument with Evan. Why can’t I be over him? Everything would be so much easier if I was. Why didn’t I see it coming- how could I be so blind? He was becoming distant and whenever I’d see him he’d be really touchy and in the not-so-romantic sense but a lustful one. I should have seen us growing apart and becoming less happy. How could I be so stupid? But Evan was my first boyfriend, he was my safety blanket, I couldn’t let that go. He was always there for me, no questions asked, he was someone I could always count on to be there- but when I caught him, with that girl, I didn’t know what to do. He was the one I’d go to, but this time, I couldn’t. I had become dependent on Evan, and now that I don’t have him to depend on I’ve become a bit of a mess. I went to France in hopes of starting over, clearing my head, become independent. And it worked, up until I came home. I shut of the water and let out a frustrated sigh. I dried off and changed into the outfit I picked out.

As I stared into the mirror brushing my wet hair a sudden shiver of disgust took over. How could I let myself be so dependent on him? I’m acting like Evan is all I have, what is wrong with me? My father taught me better than this, he taught me to be independent. No mother, no friends, just my father, my step sister Audrey and myself. When did I let Evan control me? Well that doesn’t matter, I’m not going to let him anymore- I’m going to go back to how I was before I met Evan but with some changes. Before Evan I didn’t have any friends at school or any friends in general, but now I had Alex and I’m glad I did. I small smile made its way to my lips as I thought about him, Alex was the first genuine person in a long time to try and befriend me, and not because of who my father was.

I finished getting ready and went back downstairs to find Alex and Hannah sitting on the couch watching Hannah Montana. Hannah munched on her cookie while Alex was texting on his phone.
“Sorry I took so long, ready?” I interrupted and we were off.

ALEX P.O.V:

Sophia didn’t cry, not once. She just sighed in my arms and politely excused herself to go to change and get ready. Hannah and I sat on the couch and watched television waiting for Sophia to return. We sat there watching some disney show, Hannah Montana I think... let’s face it. I don’t really care what disney show it is.
Buzz. I pulled out my iphone and saw;

1 new message.

JACK:
Yo, you and Soapie best be keeping it G rated with Hannah around. (;

Re:
Fuck off loser, its not like that.

Buzz.
JACK:
Someone’s butt-hurt.

Re:
Hey douchebag, her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, I don’t really know what he is, was here.

Buzz.
JACK:
WTF? Dude, what happened?

Re:
I don’t know, it got kinda messy. He’s a total douche. She could do so much better.

Buzz.
JACK:
You mean she could do you. (;

Re:
Ha. Ha. Hey prick, not funny.

Buzz.
JACK:
Did you kiss her better? (;

Re:
We’re just friends.

Buzz.
JACK:
Suuureeeeee. Whatever man, you can’t hide it from me, you like Soapie.

Re:
Fuck off, we’re friends.

Buzz.
JACK:
YOU LIKE SOAPIE.

Buzz.
JACK:
YOU LIKE SOAPIE.

Buzz.
JACK:
YOU LIKE SOAPIE.

Buzz.
JACK:
YOU LIKE SOAPIE.

Buzz.
JACK:
YOU LIKE SOAPIE.

Re:
Kay fine. I like her. Happy now?

Buzz.
JACK:
So what are you planning on doing about it?

Re:
Nothing bro. We have to work together, remember.

Buzz.
JACK:
Dude, you should get on that before that ‘boyfriend’ of hers gets back in the picture or some other dude. She’s hot man, she won’t stay single for long.

Re:
Fuck, I know.

Buzz.
JACK:
Get on that. She’s a keeper.

Re:
Yeah...oh shit, she’s back, I’ll talk to you later.

Buzz.
JACK:
Keep it G rated. (;

Sophia came down the stairs and was dressed casually. She’s usually dressed up in skirts and dresses, but for the first time since I’ve known her she was in jean shorts and a tank top, but none the less, she still looked amazing. We left Sophia’s condo and walked to the park around the block from Sophia’s. Once we got there Hannah ran straight to the swings and the small crowd of other kids. As Hannah ran around and played with the other kids there Sophia and I watched. We sat in silence until Sophia spoke,

“I’m really sorry Alex.”

“Sophia, you have nothing to be sorry for.” I told her honestly.

“I just feel so embarrassed that you and Hannah had to see that. It was rude of Evan and I to argue like that in front of you.” She frowned.

“Seriously, don’t worry about it. Hannah’s mother and I were probably a lot worst.” I admitted. Sophia turned to me and tilted her head to the side.

“...oh” She paused, as if trying to find the right words to say. “You know, sometimes I forget that Hannah has a mother. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I just can’t explain it, you’re the only parent I can see for Hannah. You know, like her mother never existed...” Sophia trailed off and I chuckled a bit.

“No, I get what you’re saying. The guys say the same thing sometimes, but then again, they’re not Jenna’s biggest fans.”

“Jenna?”

“Right, Jenna is-- was Hannah’s mom.”

“... was? Did she...” Sophia said awkwardly.

“Oh no, I didn’t mean it like that!” I cut in when I realized I made it sound like Jenna died. “What I meant was, I don’t consider her to be Hannah’s mother anymore. Not after what she put us through.”

“... I’m sorry to hear that.” Sophia said as she put her hand over mine reassuringly.

“Yeah. Last year, about this time of year, I came back from tour and when I do, Jenna leaves Hannah with me for a couple weeks. Then we alternate taking care of Hannah until I go back on tour. So when I got back, everything was normal, Jenna dropped of Hannah and she stayed for two weeks. When the second week was over, I called Jenna to see when would be a good time to drop Hannah off, and she didn’t answer. I drove over to her house and it was empty. I drove to Jenna’s parents house and they said they haven’t seen or spoke to Jenna in over a month. I completely freaked- I mean she just vanished. Left without warning or saying goodbye. I mean common, Hannah’s her kid too, doesn’t she care?” I sighed, frustrated after recalling the events. I looked at Sophia and her eyes were screaming with compassion she leaned over and wrapped her tiny arms around me as she rested her head on my chest.

“... I can’t believe anyone would want to leave her. That was a really shady thing to do.” Sophia mumbled as she turned her head to look at Hannah then back to me. “I am so, so, sorry.”

Sophia pulled away and placed her hand back into mine. She rubbed little circles into it as she spoke.

“If you need anything, absolutely anything, just ask. I’d be more than happy to help you out with Hannah.” Sophia smiled.

“Thanks.” I smiled back. “But you’ve helped more than you realize, trust me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so
Good news: mibba is officially caught up with quizilla. (:
Bad news: slower updates ):

My next chapter is about half done, maybe I'll finish it tonight :'D
I think you guys will really like it, its gonna be a fun one.

Links:
Sophia's outfit