Status: Finished.

Our Heaven's Worth the Waiting

Fifteen

Chapter 15:

5 Years Later

'Layla, are you ready?' I screamed up the stairs.

'Yup!' She said coming down with her Adios in her hand for me to tie. 'Can I wear the shoes Daddy just bought me?'

'I don't care.' I said. 'Sit down.'

She sat on the step and pushed her dark brown curls out of her blue eyes. She was definatly Bam's kid. No one could deny that.

'I'm really excited to see Dad.' She said smiling. 'We're gonna go to see a movie and Uncle Novak is gonna skate with us in the barn.'

'Cool.' I said helping her up and grabbing her bag for her. She ran out ahead of me to the car and I helped her into her seat.

I hated going to Bam's because it always meant seeing him which always meant he had another trick to attempt to get us back together. But I knew how much it meant to Layla to spend time with her dad. After all, he was her best friend.

I pulled up next to the Mercedes to see Bam coming out of the barn sweaty from skating.

'Daddy!' Layla screamed as I put her on the ground and she ran towards him.

'Hi Princess.' He said picking her up and hugging her. 'Hey Zelly.'

'Hi.' I said grabbing Layla's bag out of the backseat and handing it to him. 'Have her back Sunday night.'

'Yo, Zella!' Novak said waving from the barn door.

'Uncle!' Layla screamed as Bam put her down and she ran for Novak who instantly had her laughing.

'So, I was thinking...' Bam started.

'Don't even start.' I said going to get in the car.

'How's asshole?' He asked smiling.

'His name is John. And he's a better man to me then you were.' I said.

'Ouch.' Bam said. 'Yeah well, Layla hates him.'

'You brainwashed her.' I said.

'That douchebag lays a hand on my kid or you ever, I'm gonna fucking kill him.'

'Stop trying to be the hero.'

'Bye Mommy!' Layla said running up. 'I wanna hug.'

I bent down and hugged her and gave her a big kiss.

'Love you.'

'Love you, mom.'

'Love you, too.' Bam said smiling at me.

'Shut up.' I said glaring at him.

'Mommy, when are you gonna move in with Daddy and get married?'

'Layla, you know we're not together.'

'But Daddy loves you.'

I smiled and kissed her on the forhead. 'I'll see you Sunday.'

'Stop being a dick.' I muttered at Bam before climbing in my car and driving to my house.

Which was the one place I should have never gone.

John had gone to the bar and was drunk. I had never been around him drunk before.

'Where have you been?' He slurred angrily.

'I was dropping Layla off with Bam.' I said.

He stumbled closer to me and I knew what he was going to do. 'You whore!' He said smacking me across the face. I kicked him in the balls before he could do anymore damage to me. He fell to the ground and I ran upstairs and grabbed more of Layla's clothes, some of mine, and any of our personal belongings that meant a lot. I ran out to the car while he was in the bathroom and turned the key in the ignition driving to Bam's and not caring he would be in bed when I got there.

I picked up my phone and dialed his cell when I got closer. I had to call back three more times before he actually answered.

'Yo.'

'Bam, I need to come over.' I said trying to hold back the tears.

'Zella.' He said his voice changing. 'Of course. What's wrong.'

'I'll be there in a bit.' I said hanging up.

I pulled up to the large stone castle and saw the kitchen lights were on downstairs. I ignored all the stuff I had packed and walked towards the door.

'Zell.' Bam said flying off the stool he was sitting on and wrapping his arms around me. I broke into tears in that instant.

'What happened?' He asked pulling back to look at my face. 'Why is your cheek bruised? Did he hit you?'

I nodded and kept crying.

'I'm gonna fucking kill him.' Bam said walking around me to the key ring.

'Bam.' I said stopping him. 'Forget him. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I put you through. I love you. And I want to be with you. And Layla was right all along today. We should be together.'

I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him like I had wanted to for the last four years.

'Zella, I'd wait forever for you.' He said smiling when we broke away.

'What's going on?'

We both turned to see Layla standing on the stairs rubbing her eyes.

'Mommy came to her senses.' Bam said smiling and kissing me agian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! It's done! The next one is called Razorblade Romance which could possibly be up tonight. I also have a few one shots that will be up in the next few days. Thanks for all the comments on this one. :)