Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Too Early to Act Like This

It was like a birthday party, except nobody was born and nobody had turned a year older. But the excitement that filled the whole home was just amazing, to see so many mutants working together. I couldn't believe it. When somebody at the Plant lived another day, we were jealous, we thought they were just picking favorites. Of course we were still at risk, we didn't kill everyone, we just killed who we needed to get to Jasey. It was a war that would never end until we died.

I ignored the stress of the oncoming destruction, 'Fear the present, not the future' was becoming my motto. We all had dinner together that night, well, the adults that is. Even Storm decided to join us. Scott carried Jasey to the table as if she were a baby, but they had these smiles on their faces that could melt hearts, the kinds you see in the movies when a couple gets married. I looked over at Logan, he knew I was jealous as he looked down at his beer before taking a large swig. I growled to myself and shoved a bite of the food into myself. Yeah, yeah, happy fucking day.

My sister could hear every thought, she frowned and poked my shoulder, we hadn't left each others side all week. "He wants to, it's just not his style," She said quietly, she was referring to my jealousy of her and Scott's romance. I stabbed my fork into the steak in front of me and sighed angrily.

"I just don't understand why the only time he can hold me is if you're dying or I'm upset," My face blushed red, I knew Professor could hear every word, though he was kind enough not to stare like most did. "It's like he can feel sympathy but not love."

Xavier cleared his throat and smiled at me, "Pass the.." He eyed up whatever it was he was interrupting us for. "The yams?" Who the fuck eats yams these days? The X-Men that's who. Cue the awesome music. I glanced over at Logan yet again, his thin lips pulled into a hopeful smile, I smiled back, though I wasn't happy. Dinner went on like this for an hour. Jasey and Scott were in a cutesy conversation, I'm amazed they didn't start humping each other right then and there. This only made Logan feel more useless.

"You're angry," Logan stated, not asked. He sat down on the bed and his broad shoulders hunched as he grabbed his cigar and lit it.

My eyebrows raised up in a bitchy way, "What makes you say that?" Fake curiousity could destroy a couple.

"It's too early for me to act like those two," He rolled his eyes as he laid back in the bed. "Your sister and Scott are hopeless romantics."

"You could at least be a little more effectionate," I threw a pillow onto the small couch across from his bed and laid down as well.

"You're seriously sleeping over there?"

"It's too early to act like this," I mocked him, "Besides, if you can't be affectionate, then I have no reason to sleep in your bed, now do I?" He sighed and got up to walk over to me. "What are you doing?!" I slapped his chest as he picked me up off of the couch, before I could whine anymore his lips found mine and I couldn't help myself. He literally threw me onto the bed and climbed on top of me, grabbing one of my legs and pulling it up to wrap around his waist.

"Affectionate enough for you?" He whispered into my neck. I moaned a yes right when the door swung open. Oh how I could have killed Scott for interrupting this. Logan didn't move from where he was, as much as I tried to lower my bare leg out of Scott's sights. Don't get any ideas, my pants were off before this. The fact that Logan kept running his fingers up and down my arm lightly wasn't helping. "May I help you?" He asked Scott, his eyes closed and lips in a thin, angry line. Scott giggled like a little girl and Logan growling, "I'll fucking kill you, Scott."

I shifted underneath Logan, big mistake. My hand slapped over my mouth to stifle the moan that almost escaped. Scott looked at us for a minute before his eyebrows went up in shock. "You were about to do it?!"

"What. Do. You. Want. Scott?" Logan said this through gritted teeth.

Scott tried to hold back his laughter, "I was going to ask if you wanted to go train, but it looks like you're a little busy with your own exercises!" Logan had it with him and got off of me, which meant Scott was already running out the door and down the hallway laughing like a mad man. I loved this house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahahah.