Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

X-Family

Watching Logan with our daughter made my heart feel light. It had been three years since my sisters death, two years and five months since Lorelai joined us. Her short, chubby legs didn't stop her from running faster than we could imagine. From the second she learned to walk, we knew that speed would be one of her gifts. We were weary with whatever we were thinking when we held her, as she could easily read one's memories when she touched them. Logan especially had a problem with this, apparently the memory of his killing Jasey had bothered him more than I assumed it had.

They played tag in the front yard of our small house that was constructed on X Mansion's property. We had a short brick fence separating our home from the school, though students frequently came to visit us and our lovely daughter. The girl who had predicted what our daughter would look like was completely right. Lorelai's hair was long and dark brown, always messy in little waves that fell to her shoulders. She had almond shaped green eyes that squinted into itty bitty slants when she smiled, much like Logan's did. Her skin was a very pale tan color, porcelain in the winter. She loved flowers but loved wrestling with her father just as much.

She liked bedtime stories but not about princesses and Prince Charming's, no, her bedtime stories consisted of villains like the big mean Lion or the giant Magnet man. She called Xavier 'Grandpa' and very often called the students at the school her cousins. She loved Aunt Storm and picked flowers for her every day in the spring. We never worried about her getting an owie because it only took seconds for a small scrape to quickly heal; her healing ability certainly didn't stop her from screaming, "Kiss it better, Momma!" to me, or "If you don't make it stop hurting, I'll pull out all your hair, old man!" to Logan.

She had filled the missing space in my heart, but Jasey's was still there. I realized my sister hadn't completely left me, that there was no void for Lorelai to fill, just extra room that needed filled quickly.

Lorelai came running towards me, fast as always, with her arms full of dandelions. I didn't have the heart to tell her that those weren't flowers. Logan walked casually behind her, his long legs still managing to keep up with her little ones. When he reached us, Lorelai grinned and handed me all but one of the weeds. "For you, Momma," She giggled and turned to Logan, "And one for Daddy."

Logan frowned, "Only one for me?" She clasped her hands behind her back and nodded. "Do you not love me?" He pouted, she took him seriously and gasped and shook her head.

"No! No, no! Gimme back a few of them flowers, Momma!" Her little hands reached up at the 'flowers' in my arms, and I gave her a good portion of them. She handed all of the weeds to her father and he nodded.

"Now that's more like it!" He laughed and sat down in the grass next to her, I did the same. "But now I think you love Momma less because I have more flowers..." He winked at me while our daughter sighed angrily and snatched all of the flowers away from us.

"I love you both the same," She said in her serious tone that made Logan and I laugh like crazy. "So nobody gets flowers!"

"Oh, is this a non-present giving relationship we have here?" I returned the wink to Logan while he stifled a laugh.

"I didn't even know what that meant, Momma," Lorelai glared at me and sat down on the ground next to us.

"And I guess it'll stay that way," Logan said, he was all for getting in trouble with our dearest daughter today.

Our lives were complete now, though each of our lives were missing the excitement and humor Jasey had given us, we managed to smile and laugh every day. Logan and I went on missions together, leaving Lorelai to train with the students we trusted. I guess you could say we were kind of an X-Family.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. =[