Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Blessed

I halted my laughing for a minute, reducing to giggles, before replying to Logan. "It isn't too bad. But tell me, girls, would you like a kinsenyeta or just a birthday party?" Anni looked at me and began to break out in loud laughter. I followed, when everyone's face (minus Storm) began to get red, even though Logan and Scott were red because of anger. When they began to imagine how bad they looked, I laughed harder and channeled the images to Anni's mind. She began to scream she had to pee, and ran out of the room in a laughing spree. Logan followed her when she called she didn't remember where the bathroom was.
Storm rolled her eyes and left the room, muttering under her breathe. But I didn't need to hear her to know it was about how she hated me. I could feel it in her mind; in her posture; in her behavior. Scott seemed to notice the difference, and looked at me with a calming smile.

"Storm is pretty hard now-a-days, after Jean died. She hasn't gotten close to anyone new, so, that's what you get. It isn't her, though. She wasn't always like that," Scott said, and the Professor left the room. I knew that Jean dying had hurt all of them, and I knew this because I had felt it from them. She was Scott's wife, and she had died to save them all. It wasn't anyone's fault, but I knew Scott and Logan blamed themselves. They had both been in love with her at the time, and I knew that they still missed her. I just wished that there was something I could do to fix it.

To tell you the truth, I had never expected me to find a friend that I was close to, besides Anni. But there is just something about Scott that I can't be scared of. His smile, and his essence is just, bliss. Him just being in the room makes me feel safe. And that made me scared. The last person I had let in was a doctor at the Plant, and he had tortured me until I couldn't bleed anymore. I guess that I felt safer here because they were mutants and not humans. Plus, the fact that I wasn't chained to a wall, beaten on a daily basis, and treated like an animal helped some.

I wouldn't say that this school was my home, but it was surely the safest place I had ever been at. There were people here that would die to protect not only me, but Anni also. And all the children. There were people here that would help me through the problems I was having. I knew that this place was a blessing.

I only wondered how long it would last, because Anni and I? We weren't blessed.

--

"You know the weirdest thing I ever did when I was a kid?" Scott asked, as we walked through the hallways of the school. Kids were in class, so there wasn't any noise. I could say, though, that the silence was welcomed. I looked at him with a duh look, and I could sense him roll his eyes before continuing. "I ate bubble bath. It wasn't much, but it was so bad that there were bubbles coming out my nose. And then the teacher made me go get a drink, and bubbles came out harder, and went in the fountain. I got a detention." I laughed quietly as we turned around a corner. I could see all that Scott was describing in my head, and I would forever remember it.

"The weirdest thing I did as a kid was.. well, I don't really remember." Scott looked over at me with a sad, sympathetic smile, before nodding. He knew what had happened at the Plant, even all the gory details we had gone through.

There were times that we would just simply be punished for things we hadn't done, but they always claimed we did something. If we collapsed, we were beaten and tortured til near death, and then forced to recover. You can only guess how our aging had stopped. I simply assumed it was from the horrible beatings, and advanced recoveries.

Scott and I walked and talked for about an hour, and I thought about Logan and Anni, but I knew they were fine. Now, you can call me crazy, but were those two meant for each other, or what? I couldn't help but smile when I felt their feeling of attraction towards each other. I knew that they would end up together somehow, but the never failed to surprise me with their actions. It was just a matter of time.

But as of right now, I had time. I had all the time in the world, just to walk with Scott through the school. I had time to enjoy my freedom, and I wouldn't have it any other way with any other person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by lissasaywhaa?