Heroes and Cons

The Good Guy Always Wins The Girl.

"So Adrienne, we've been walking around this city for a long time now just talking about me and my past experiences and you're probably bored with that and it's probably not the reason why you wanted to come on a walk with me," I said with my hands shoved in my black jean pockets and looking down at my torn up Chuck Taylors.

"Billie Joe, I-"

"You can just call me Billie," I smiled at her. She smiled back then looked down at her feet. She had on flip flops and a peach colored skirt with many layers and it reached a little past her knees. But she by far wasn't anywhere near a prep. For Christ's sake... she comes to shows here in Minnesota like shows at the Gilman.

"Well, Billie," she said and then smiled. "I think you're a very sweet young man and I was hoping that we could exchange phone numbers. You know, in case you get bored on the road or something." Adrienne scratched her head full of dreadlocks nervously.

"You do know that we're four years apart, right?" I asked her. But then regretted it because I didn't want to jeopardize my chances with her.

"Yes," she laughed. "I do know that. But you're very handsome." I smiled and I took out a pen from my pocket along with a piece of paper. I was known for having stuff like that in my pockets, since I was a song writer now.

"Here's my number, now I just need yours," I said, handing her the piece of paper. She smiled.

"Thanks, are you ready?" She asked. I put the pen tip down on the paper and smiled at her.

"Okay, it's-"

"Adrienne! Get your ass in this fucking car right now! Do you hear me?!" I heard a man call. She looked past me in fear and started shaking.

"Billie, I- I've got to go. It's Jamie."

"Don't go," I whispered.

"Hurry the fuck up!" He yelled and pressed the horn.

"I have to," she said with tears filling up her eyes. "I'll call you. I promise." Adrienne ran away and got into the car as quick as possible. The car sped off, too fast for me to see her, but I could of sworn that I saw her looking at me, pleading for help. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping to God that he didn't beat her tonight.

____THE HOTEL ROOM- 10:46PM_____

"Billie! What took you so long to get here? You weren't at the show after wards," Tre said with a cigarette sticking out of his mouth.

"I met up with this girl, and I think I'm in love with her," I said, sitting on the floor by Mike's feet.

"Come on, you just met her!" Mike said, patting my head and handing me a beer. I shook my head.

"Billie Joe Armstrong refusing a beer... that's something never expected to see," Mike said sarcastically then laughed with Tre.

"Really guys, I'm worried about her," I said and sat up. "Her boyfriend beats her, the marks on her arms are horrible."

"And?" Tre asked, wanting to hear more.

"His name is Jamie and he saw her and I walking down the street tonight and he kept screaming at her to get into the car, I didn't get her number. She only got mine and I'm scared I'll never be able to talk to her again," I sighed.

"But you're not scared for her life?" Mike asked.

"Of course I am!"

Tre took a swig of his beer and inhaled the nicotine from the cigarette. "You should look her up in the phone book," he said as smoke came out from his lips.

"I probably should... then again, what if Jamie's home? He'll beat her even more to a pulp," I said, closing my eyes.

"You really care about this chick, don't you?" Mike asked, being serious. I nodded my head.

Nobody said anything except Mike turned on the TV and it was time for the Minnesota evening news report.

"Just in, a young 22-year old female, Adrienne Nesser," the reporter said and I quickly turned around to face the TV. "Was found unconscious in her bedroom after being beaten by her boyfriend, Jamie Wiles." Tears began streaming out of my eyes.

"Bill..." Mike said, sitting up slowly.

"Ms. Nesser has been care flighted to the hospital and will be staying there overnight due to critical wounds taken to the body and the head." Mike turned off the TV.

"I need to find out where she is," I said as I grabbed my jacket then ran out the door as fast as I could.

20 minutes earlier. Adrienne's POV.

Jamie and I finally got home, but I wasn't too psyched about being home. I knew that I had something coming my way. I did everything that he told me to do, which included giving him what he wanted and I feel sick to my stomach for doing it. I ran to the bathroom and puked before brushing my teeth after the experience and after puking twice, then I brushed one more time just to make sure I was good. I then walked back out and into the bedroom to Jamie laying on the bed without a shirt on and only pants, thank God.

"You know," he said. "You weren't half bad at that. You were almost as good as the other girls from last week."

"Other girls?" I asked, sitting on the bed next to him, frightened.

He laughed and looked at me. "Adrienne, sweetie. Do you really think I'm not cheating on you?" I wasn't taken by surprise, but the way he said it hurt me and I tried to hold back tears.

"What? You don't like that? Do you just expect me to grant your every command and treat you like some princess? Well that's not happening, honey. That's not how Jamie rolls," he said then walked out.

"Go to hell," I said as I sat in the same spot. He stopped in his spot and I knew right then that I had it coming. I shut my eyes and prepared for the first hit.

"What did you say to me, Adrienne?"

"Don't say my name, Jamie."

"What did you fucking say to me?!"

"I told you to go to fucking hell! I'm so fucking sick of you constantly putting me down and beating me up over the fucking stupidest things! A good boyfriend wouldn't beat me up. A good boyfriend like Billie Joe would be!" I screamed, then I was punched in the jaw and flew off the bed.

"So you want that Billie kid, eh? Then have him! You're just a scumbag, low life loser." He kicked me in the side, causing me to lose my breath. Then I felt him stomp on my leg and my bone split. I screamed and I tried to crawl away.

"Don't think you can get away from me," he said then sat on me and pinned me to the floor. I fought and I fought to get out of his grasp but nothing helped. I felt blows to my face as his knuckles met my teeth and I could suddenly taste blood. I had been hit in the head and I could feel myself start to wilt away slowly.

"You're nothing," he spat then walked out of the room. I didn't even have enough energy to look at him. Then everything went black.

---------------------------------------------------------

I woke up again to a brightly lit room and saw that I was in a hospital. I don't know who found me and called 911, but I was thankful for being found. I lifted my arm and saw purple and black and I lifted my leg and saw a giant white cast around it. I looked around the room and saw a man sitting in a chair.

"Who are you?" I asked, my heart rate getting faster. The man lifted his head and I let out a sigh of relief. It was just Billie.

"How did you know I was here?" I breathed.

"I saw you on the news," he said and ran to me. "Thank God you're okay."

He kissed my forehead.

"Billie, I don't even know you... why do you care about me so much?" He stared into my eyes and I felt something click between us. Something I had never felt before.

"I don't know, Adie."

Adie? Nobody had ever called me that before... but I liked it. I suddenly smiled at the thought of him and I together.

"What?" He asked. I looked up at him and wiped the smile off my face.

"Oh, nothing. I just like the name Adie. Nobody had ever called me that before."

"Really? Then I guess it's your special name then," he smiled.

"Look, Billie... I'm really glad you're here and all, but do you know where anybody else is? Did anybody else ever come in here?"

He got serious. "No, I'm sorry. It's just me."

"I knew my friends never gave a shit about me," I sighed and began to cry.

"Don't cry! I- I'm sorry! Did I say something?" Billie began to panic.

"No! It wasn't you. You're fine," I said. He calmed down. "It was just so horrible, Billie. I let my mouth run to Jamie and I regret it so much. I'm terrified."

Billie walked up to me slowly and put his hands on my face.

"Nobody is going to hurt you, okay?" He said and looked into my eyes again. "I wont let anybody hurt you. I promise." I smiled again and held his hand. Then the nurse came in.

"Alright! Wrap it up. Visiting hours are over for the night," the nurse said. "Only family members for now on."

"But I'm her husband," Billie said seriously.

"Uh huh, right. Get out," the nurse said in a very blunt tone.

"I'm still on tour, Adie," he whispered. "You have to call me." Billie looked at me and said 'sorry' with those beautiful green eyes. He walked away and I held onto his hand as long as I could.

I think I'm in love with Billie Joe Armstrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really liked this one. I thought it was cute at the end. (:

xoxo- Adie.
(Now it's going to be weird typing that at the end of every chapter.)