Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

My Knife

Bailey

"Small world," He winks.

He winks.

"Augh!" I yell out in frustration and stomp past him. "You know what? I don't need this, I really don't. Okay? So you just your friggin' --- out, now!" I open the door, waving the knife around. Yes, I still have the knife. Well, I'd grabbed it when the phone started to ring, anyways.

He frowns. "Hey, it's a cute ---."

I give him a disgusted face. "I don't care. Just get out."

"Awww, but we were just getting to know each other," he pleads lightly, walking forward until he's right in front of me.

It's like I'm trapped as he reaches me, and craning his neck a little, we're nose to nose and our eyes are on each other. My heart starts thumping and my hands suddenly feel clammy as my stomach starts to move. Like I'm stuck, and I'm drowning.

His hand is suddenly on mine, lowering the knife and taking it out of my grasp. He puts it away or something, because then his hands are tapping mine and start crawling up my arm. His lips are nearly on mine when I finally jolt out of it and step back, banging my head on the wall.

"Snap," I growl, rubbing my head. I take a shaky breath and glance up at him, suddenly scared to death. "You, get out, now or I swear, I will hurt you."

The guy sighs. "Fine... but I'll be back," he grins suddenly and strolls out.

With a growl, I slam the door shut. I hate him! I don't even know his name!

"I'm Alex," the other guy offers, taking Missy's seat.

"Good for you."

"Feisty, I like," he waggles his eyebrows.

It makes me laugh and I take a sip of the beer. "Call it what you like, Alex."

"What, no name?" He asks, ordering his own beer.

I give a wry smile, offering my hand. "Just call me Bailey."


Gah. Alex, fine. Whatever. I still hate him though!

I take a deep breath and start cleaning up my room that's now a disaster. But he won't come off my mind, and it's beginning to annoy me. Cleaning up some candy wrappers, I also notice a leather bracelet that I'm wearing.

With a yelp I fumble with the tie and quickly take it off. My mind is pulled back to when he was leaving... our eyes had connected and... and I don't know. But it freaked me out, that's for sure. I mean, what was it? And, you know, it's not like I liked it. Ha. Of course I wouldn't like that, why would I? Really? I mean, uh, right, and all...

I carefully walk around the bracelet- somehow, I just know it's his- and head into the kitchen for something to eat. Maybe that'll jerk me out of this insanity.

Sighing, I hum to myself and wander through the cupboards, mostly to find some Tylenol or something for this headache... ugh. I must've eaten too much sugar, too. Ack, it's still all here, too. What on earth am I supposed to do with all of that, anyways?

Then I realize something.

"That git!" I gasp. "He stole my knife!"

Image