Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

I Won't

Alex

I check my watch and sigh, though it’s partially a groan. I recall this morning. Same as usual. We were pretty quiet during breakfast, then I had to head over early to the bus, and she’d mumbled that Missy was taking her, because Missy’s car has all of her luggage in it.

Then I’d given her a kiss and I’d left the house to head to the venue. We’d packed up everything, claimed our bunks, checked with everyone else to make sure they were ready, and checked all our instruments. And soon we had everything.

Except for Bailey.

Where could she be? She’s never late. Not exactly early, but not late…

“Come on, Alex,” Matt Flyzick calls to me from the open door of the bus. “It’s already noon, man. We’re late.”

“She’ll be here,” I snap at him and look back, looking around the venue. “Just a few more minutes, I swear! She- maybe the car broke down,” I offer, trying not to be too desperate. “Or she was in an accident, maybe?” That worries me, too… But wouldn’t someone have called me by now? “Maybe I should call again?” I try.

“You’ve already called eight times,” Rian tells me. “She’s ignoring you.”

“But things have been going well,” I pull at all my straws. “Just a few more minutes, I swear.”

“If I were you, I’d go find her.”

“If I were you, I’d go find a pina colada,” Jack says randomly.

“Jack!” We all snap at him.

“What?” He defends himself. “I’m hungry!”

I give an aggravated moan. “Fine. Give me thirty minutes, guys. I’m going to go find her, okay? I swear, thirty minutes only,” I add quickly at their hard looks directed right at me.

They groan but let me run back to my car, get in, and head off.

“Where could she be?” I mutter and get on the road.

“Bailey?” I call, entering the house. I pause, waiting to hear for her voice or some noise or anything… But it’s completely silent.

Hurriedly and somewhat impatiently, I keep calling her name and look around everywhere, trying to look for her. And hoping she’s not hiding from me. Did she forget, I wonder? But no, we’ve been talking about it nonstop forever. Just yesterday I helped her finish packing up into Missy’s car. And last week I showed her all the places we would be going on several maps.

Minutes later, I have looked everywhere and she’s not to be found. I return to my car after locking up the house, trying to think where she would be. If she’s not home…

Missy’s.

I hit the back of my headrest. But why would she be there? Still, at least? Missy knows we had to leave at noon, and would be pushing Bailey out the door. Unless now they are there?

Hurriedly I call Rian. “Did she come?” I ask the moment he picks up.

“Bailey?” He asks me to clarify.

“No, the Queen of Sheba.”

“Nope, neither have arrived. Sorry, man.”

“Yeah, whatever,” I mutter. “I think I know where she is, then…see you soon.”

So they aren’t there yet. Bad traffic? No, the radio traffic report said it’s not a busy day or anything… Sighing, I flip my phone open and find Missy’s number somewhere in my address book. Then I push send and wait, putting it to my ear.

“Alex?” A hushed voice answers after a few rings.

“Missy?” I ask hopefully.

“Hey, yeah!”

“Why are you whispering?” I ask her, confused.

“Beeeecause… it’s fun?”

… Okay, whatever.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts. Bailey. That’s what I’m calling about. Just ask and end it already. “Well, okay then. Is Bailey there?” I ask desperately. “She hasn’t come by and the guys are getting mad at me and I’m in a hurry, please just tell me.”

“Yeah, she’s here.”

“Is she coming?”

“Uh, not at the moment,” Missy whispers apologetically. “She’s kind of panicking at the moment, that’s all.”

“Again?” I ask, my hand tightening on the steering wheel. I try to ignore my aching heart, feeling wounded somewhat again. “Why? What now?”

“Same thing as last before. She thinks if she doesn’t come, you’ll hate her and she can leave, scot-free.”

“I won’t do that,” I mutter. “I can’t.”

“That’s what I told her,” Missy says and I think I can see her rolling her eyes. “Anyways, she’s not going anywhere at the moment, and her luggage is still in the car here, so… get your booty over here already!”

“Thanks, I’ll be there in five,” I promise.

“See you then, bye!” And she hangs up.

I hang up and start the car again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a filler, sorry!
But guess what???
I'm also gonna give you the next chapter!!
You guys are sooo lucky.
and guess what! you guys are amazing! 479 comments!!! that is soooo freaking AWESOME!!!
:D happy days happy days....