Sequel: I Can't Do It Alone

Rise and Fall

Miracle Worker

Sid drove Jocelyn back to her apartment. Before she got out of his car, he leaned over and gave her another kiss. “I’ll see you later,” he said as she opened the car door and stepped outside.

“Bye,” she smiled as she walked towards her apartment.

She opened the door to be bombarded by questions from Max and Brooklyn, who were sitting on the couch watching a movie.

“How’d it go?” Brooklyn asked.

“Did you get him to break his promise?” Max asked.

“It went just fine,” Jocelyn replied, being intentionally vague.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Max asked.

“It means it was fine,” she repeated as she made her way to her bedroom to change out of her dress and into sweats.

She walked back out into the living room, and Brooklyn asked, “So, did anything happen between the two of you?”

Jocelyn pretended to think about it for a minute. “Maybe,” she smirked.

“Oh my god!” Brooklyn exclaimed, her eyes going wide. “What happened?”

“He kissed me,” Jocelyn said, shrugging her shoulders, and pretending it wasn’t a big deal.

“He what?” Max questioned.

“He kissed me,” Jocelyn repeated.

All of a sudden Max jumped up and wrapped his arms around Jocelyn. “You are a miracle worker. You are officially my favorite person in the entire universe,” he told her.

“Hey!” Brooklyn cried from the couch.

“Sorry, Brook, but you didn’t get Sid to kiss you,” Max said.

“Would you like me to try?” she asked him.

Max looked at her with a questioning look, and then he realized what he had just said. “No, no,” he said quickly. “Brooklyn, you know I love you,” he added.

“That’s what I thought,” Brooklyn said, while Jocelyn laughed at the quarreling couple.

A few days later, Brooklyn walked into Jocelyn’s room, where Jocelyn was getting ready for the day. “Hey,” Brooklyn began. “Do you feel like going to the game with me tonight?” she asked.

“Are you sure you don’t want to take someone else?”

“No,” Brooklyn smiled. “I want to spend some quality time with my sister.”

“Sure, I’ll go,” Jocelyn told her.

Brooklyn and Jocelyn watched as the Penguins let a two goal lead go to waste, losing 4-3 in overtime. “Great!” Brooklyn said sarcastically after the other team scored a goal two and a half minutes into overtime.

“Your boyfriend needs to learn to score,” Jocelyn said jokingly, and when she looked over to see Brooklyn with her mouth wide open in shock, she added, “I was just kidding!”

“Yeah, you better have been because your boyfriend didn’t score either,” Brooklyn said, referring to Sid.

“He is not my boyfriend!” Jocelyn exclaimed.

“Yet,” Brooklyn said under her breath as the two girls made their way to the locker room.

Max slowly made his way into the locker room after the disappointing loss. He really wasn’t in the mood for Sid to scream about how bad the team played. Instead, he just wanted to go home and go to bed. He walked to his locker and saw Sid about to say something when all of a sudden he stopped and turned to look at something.

Max followed his gaze and saw Brooklyn and Jocelyn walking into the locker room. “Hey,” Max said, smiling towards Brooklyn.

“Hey,” she said, giving him a quick kiss.

Max stared at Sid and Jocelyn, saying to Brooklyn, “Your sister seriously is a miracle worker!”

“What did she do?” Brooklyn asked. “Besides walk into the room?”

“Sid didn’t yell at us,” Max told her. “I think this is the first time ever!”

“Well, maybe everything will work out after all,” Brooklyn commented.

“Hey,” Sid said as Jocelyn walked towards him. “What are you doing here?” he asked, forgetting all about the team’s loss.

“I came for the game, but if you don’t want me in here right now, I can go,” she told him.

“No, I just didn’t know you were coming to the game,” he said.

“Oh, well Brook asked me if I wanted to go, and I told her sure. So, here I am,” Jocelyn said smiling. “What are your plans now?”

“I have a couple of interviews to do, but after that, I’m all free. You have something in mind?” Sid asked her.

“Um, well I was thinking that we could go get something to eat or something,” Jocelyn suggested.

“Sounds good,” Sid said. “Let me do the interviews, and then we can go,” he said smiling, walking off towards all the reporters.

All the guys on the team stared at Jocelyn. “What?” she asked them.

“How did you do that?” Kris asked.

“How did I do what?” Jocelyn asked, having no idea what he was referring to.

“He didn’t yell,” Jordan said in disbelief.

“Nice work,” Sergei said, patting Max on the back, and all the other guys cheered in agreement.

“You guys are idiots!” Jocelyn joked as she rolled her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think :)