Status: hiatus

Vixen

Chapter 6

Ivy’s contact was a short Guatemalan man with swift beady eyes. He looked like he would rather be anywhere than with meeting with a couple of white agents. From the profile Karina pulled on him before the meeting, she knew that he was a small-time drug dealer with the agenda to get himself in the big leagues. She didn’t trust him, but he was the only lead they had.

He gave Karina the information she and Christine needed to get in touch with the local drug lord on the condition they wouldn’t reveal their source. They easily agreed, because who knows when you would need a guy on the inside? And he was eager to help them because with the current cartel out of business, he would be able to place his own men in power.

“Do not contact us. We will keep in touch with you.”

Karina and Christine stood and shook the man’s hand.

“I look forward to your call,” he said in heavily accented English.

Without further ado, he collected his things and got out of there as fast as he possibly could. It was then I made a late realization. He was being followed and knew it. That could only mean one thing…

They were the targets.

“Christine?”

“Hmm?” She was still watching the retreating back of our drug-dealer.

“I think we overlooked something very very important.”

“And what’s that?”

Two shooters on the roof. One watching two tables over.

“Run.”

“What?”

Karina grabbed her arm and started pulling her toward the car. The man at the table got up too.

“Get in the car!”

She tossed her in and jumped behind the wheel. The tires smoked as Karina put the pedal to the floor. The man in the mirror pulled out his gun.

“Duck!” Karina screamed to Christine.

The first bullets shattered the back window. The third embedded itself in the back of her seat.

“How did we miss that?! Shooters?!”

“He knew they were there! Bastard was going to let us get killed!”

“I hate Ivy for this!” Christine yelled. “Next time she’s working her own case!”

“No shit!”

The man and the shooters from the roof were now pursuing in an old SUV.

“Take a left!”

Karina spun the wheel and the car skidded down a small dirt road.

“I hope you know where you’re going!”

The guys behind them were still shooting, but they were mostly hitting the outside of the car. Either they were lousy shots or they were just trying to stop the car. That couldn’t happen.

Rule #1: Don’t get caught
♠ ♠ ♠
so im updating like once every forever...well i guess thats what happens when a person is busy.

comment/subscribe please!