Coffee Break

Coffee, Black-Clad Teenagers and Mutes.

The café had the same delicious smell it always had, the same enticing aroma of roasting coffee beans that lured me into the small-secluded café in town. I walked to the counter to find my order already made and waiting, it helped that my cousin Bill owned the café. I paid for my large mocha latte and headed towards the back of the shop where a secluded booth was, perfect for my antisocial behaviour. However, today two men occupied my favourite booth. Both men had flat-ironed hair, and skinny jeans as well as hoodies, a particular interesting piece of clothing for a hot summer’s day in Texas. The blonde haired man had a baseball cap on, one of the ones I had seen some of the gangsters where in video clips at work. The other, a red haired boy wore a simple blue beanie. I scrunched my face up in annoyance, a bad habit I had picked up and never seemed to be able to ditch. I turned around to look for another spot however, it was then I noticed that my usually quite café was over-run by teenagers decked in black. I walked up to the front of the store and peeped over the coffee machine to find Bill.

“Where the hell did all these people come from?” I said annoyed.

“Ah, some band is playing down the street, so I guess there all want their coffee before the show,” he said whilst frothing some milk.

“Some guys stole my seat!” I whined. I know it is pathetic at twenty I still was a compulsive whiner.

“Oh stop your whining Rosemarie; they have bought six cups of coffee already and plus I can’t complain the money is good,” he said smiling.

In a complete spare of the moment decision, I decided I was going to grow some balls and just ask the two men if I could sit with them. I walked over to the table and stood at the end of the booth. The two men slowly looked up and a series of emotions flashed through their faces, but most of it was fear.

“Hey guys, um I don’t usually do this but I am Rosemarie, and I was wondering if I could sit with you cause there aren’t any seats and you’ve got plenty of space,” I said bitting my lip nervously.

“Um sure,” said the red haired boy, motioning me to sit beside the blonde haired boy.

“I here there is a gig in town, you guys going to it?” I said putting down my latte and pulling out my computer before turning it on.

“Ah yeah we’re here for it, are you?”

“Me, pft no! I don’t listen to music much; I’m just here before I start work.”

“Before you start? Where do you work?”

“I’m manager at Victoria Secret,” I said blushing, a lot of people particularly males become a lot more interested at this point.

“Oh sweet,” the red-haired boy said again.

“Um, sorry but what are your names?” I said getting annoyed with calling them red haired boy and blondie, even though blondie did not speak.

“I’m Caleb, and he is Kyle,” the red haired boy said.

“Awesome, does your friend speak?” I said looking over to Kyle.

“Yeah, he just has a lot going on at the moment,” he said before being interrupted by his phone.

“Hey Kentendo…yeah we are just at that Bills Beans coffee place… okay… we will… your gay bye,” he said before putting his phone back into his pocket.

“That was Kent, we need to get back to the venue,” he said to Kyle. I realised then they were ‘the band’.

“Oh you’re the band playing are you,” I said shyly.

“Ha-ha err yeah, well one third of it anyways,”

“I see…” I said sipping my coffee.

“Hey, do you want to come see us tonight?” mute I mean Kyle said, I bit my lip and thought why not then nodded.

“Cool, well give us your name and number and we’ll put you on the list. Just come around the back ok?” he said smiling, and I nodded. I had not taken in his magnificent blue eyes before now since before he was so interested in his coffee cup.

“Awesome so I shall see you at...”

“Seven?” he said, I nodded it would give me plenty of time to go home and get changed, and it was with that I slid out letting Kyle past so they could return to the venue, leaving me to my coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first FTSK story, i am so excited!
please comment or subscribe
love you all
xoxo