‹ Prequel: Come one come all

You're Just In Time

Un

Balancing my three month old son on one side of me while picking up the phone with the other I sighed as I slightly struggled with the load that was on my mind. Do not get me wrong I am thrilled that I have Logan and Alex and I are still as strong as we always were. It’s just motherhood is a new thing to me and when I knew it would be hard work it is impossible to imagine just how much hard work it was. I couldn’t cope on my own at the moment; Alex is outstanding with our son who we named Logan Thomas Alexander Gaskarth. It was twelve weeks ago now but I still remember it like it happened just a matter of minutes ago.

“Alex I can make a mug of hot chocolate for myself I’m pregnant not in a coma,” I sighed, as nice as it was Alex did things for me sometimes he took things too far. My due date is in two weeks so he was now in overdrive, yesterday he insisted on putting my shoes on for me. Ok so I couldn’t reach very well but still I could have eventually done it.

“I know you’re not in a coma hun but with your date so close I don’t want to risk you straining yourself or anything.” He handed me the mug of steaming hot liquid and as much as it annoyed me I couldn’t get angry at him unless my hormones were really playing up. I knew deep down that I was so lucky to have Alex here with me during my pregnancy, some woman have to go through it alone and it was better to have someone over protective then to not have anyone at all. I sat down with my hot beverage and felt another twinge of discomfort through my tummy. I made a noise and grasped my ever growing stomach, I had put on almost two stone in this pregnancy and it was all bump and boobs. Not that Alex was complaining about the latter, Alex looked at me concerned; I had been getting these weird feelings all morning, they’ve been keeping me up since six o clock and it was now eleven.

“I’ve been secretly timing these so called twinges as you call them and they’re becoming more frequent. They’re every fifteen minutes now.”Alex looked at me and took a seat next to me on the couch.

“Alex if I was in labour I think I would know about it and anyway my waters haven’t even...” I didn’t finish this sentence, I looked at Alex and him at me. We both knew the other could feel the couch becoming increasingly damp.

The dash around my house getting my bag and myself together was the most manic thing I have ever seen and taken part in. Alex drove to the hospital fast but carefully, I gave birth to our beautiful six pound seven ounce baby boy ten hours after arriving.

Snapping back to reality I was still holding on to my son while putting the phone down just in time to hear the washing machine stop. Jack still hasn’t got the idea that if you shake a baby repeatedly after they fed then the baby will be sick, which is why I find myself doing four to five loads of washing a day. Unloading the washing machine while still trying to comfort my crying son I again thanked God that I had a man here with me to help. I heard footsteps come in to the kitchen and I finished what I was doing and smiled at Alex handing our son over to him.

“I just think he wants his daddy,” I said wiping my forehead with the back of my arm. I was exhausted to say the least, over the past three months I had gotten an average of three hours good sleep a night. Alex took Logan gratefully and cradled him, I smiled at the perfect sight in front of me knowing that the sleepless nights, the work load and the fact I now look terrible and fat is all worth it because of the picture of my two boys in front of me.
“I’m going to miss you son,” Alex muttered just loud enough for me, I shot Alex a look knowing but dreading what he was about to say.

“I’m sorry but we’ve been away as a band for five months and the record company are getting restless. It’s an American tour so you can come to some of the East coast dates.” He tried to sugar coat making it seem less bad than it was but I didn’t care about that, all I cared about was how I would cope. Alex thinks I am doing fine now but only because he is here, I will fall apart if he leaves I know it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Six suscribers already thanks guys.
I'm hoping to update again at the end of the week.