11:11 PM

Chapter 3

“We’re All Time Low and we love you LA!” the lead singer yelled into the microphone as the crowd cheered.

Sara grabbed Bailey’s arm and started dragging her through the crowd to the backstage area.

“I’m coming, Jesus Christ Sara,” Bailey laughed, releasing herself from her best friend’s grip.

They flashed their passes to the guard and walked backstage.

“Sara!” the lead singer yelled upon seeing her. “Hey,” he stood in front of the two.

“Alex, this is Bailey; Bailey, Alex,” she introduced the two.

“Hey,” Bailey replied nodding her head.

“C’mon,” Alex gestured for them to follow him.

“Very cute,” Bailey nudged Sara.

“Ha, 20,” Sara chuckled.

“Haha aw too bad,” Bailey joked with her.

Sara shrugged and then slyly grinned as they approached a couple guys.

Bailey looked forward and was again met with the guy she had run into twice before.

“Matt Flyzik, Bailey O’Neil,” Alex introduced the two.

Matt stared at her bug-eyed and Bailey did the same.

“What?” Bailey whispered. “Ma-Matt?”

“Bai?” he asked looking between her and Alex.

“Why are you here?” Bailey asked with a slight edge in her tone after a moment of silence between the two.

Matt flinched slightly at her harsh tone. “I manage their band,” he nodded towards Alex. “What are you doing here?” he asked her.

“I live here,” she answered. “You knew he was here? You set this up?” she turned towards Sara, glaring.

“Yeah Bailey, I ran into Alex and the guys earlier and I heard them mention his name. I had to see if I could work something out. They said he’s been wondering about you just as much as you’ve been wondering about him,” Sara answered. “And don’t you say you haven’t. I’ve caught you staring at that picture in your room,” Sara said pointing a finger at Bailey as she shook her head.

“What picture?” Matt spoke up.

Bailey turned back towards him and shook her head. “Doesn’t matter, does it?” she spat. “I’m leaving,” Bailey announced, turning on her heel.

“Oh no you don’t. Not again,” Matt said running forward and grabbing her elbow. He turned her around to face him and matched her glare.

“Let me go Flyzik,” Bailey growled trying to free her arm.

“Not until you promise to talk to me,” he countered.

“Well that’s a new thing for you to want to do,” Bailey shot back.

Matt loosened his grip slightly as he looked at her like she just slapped him. She started to move out of his loosened grip and he tightened it again. “Don’t act like I’m the only bad guy in this situation Bailes,” he replied trying to tug at her heartstrings using the nickname he gave her so many years ago.

At the use of ‘Bailes,’ Bailey stopped fighting his grip. “Talk?” she asked unsure of his plan.

He nodded his head, “Talk.”

Bailey hesitated before slowly nodding her head, “Alright.”

Matt let a small grin grace his face before gesturing down the hallway to a bunch of doors, she assumed were dressing rooms and offices.

Matt nodded to Alex and Sara, mouthing a “Thank you,” before following after Bailey. Bailey took one last glance at Sara and sighed.

Matt stopped at a door and called to Bailey who was walking down the hallway still. She stopped and turned around and walked through the door he was holding open for her.

She went over to the burgundy couch across the room and sat down, crossing her legs and placing her hands in her lap.

“So…” Matt broke the silence, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. He hated the tension between the two of them.

Bailey looked up at Matt as he nervously stood across from her. She sighed and patted the spot next to her. He cautiously walked over and sat awkwardly next to her, leaving a foot of space between the two.

“I’m sorry,” she broke the silence.

“What?” Matt asked confused. “Shouldn’t I be the one saying sorry?”

Bailey shrugged. “I guess I should have given you a chance to talk instead of just leaving five years ago. I was just really angry, you know?” she explained.

Matt nodded his head and replied, “I’m sorry for putting my band over you all the time. It wasn’t fair to you at all.”

Bailey gritted her teeth but counted to five slowly in her mind before responding, “Yeah well it just shows what was more important to you. We weren’t on the same page.”

“I did, still do, love you Bailey,” Matt grabbed her hand causing her to look him in the eyes.

“But not enough to want to spend time with more than once a week, right?” Bailey asked harshly releasing her hand from his.

Matt dropped his head and looked back up at her with sad eyes. “I was a stupid teenager too caught up with the band and not taking enough look around me to realize that you were more important than that band. If I could do it over, I would. Do you believe me?”

Bailey stared at him taking in every word he spoke. His voice was still like a lullaby to her ears. His eyes still sparkled when they looked at her. She replayed the words over in her head before scratching her wrist subconsciously and replying quietly, “Yeah, I guess I do.” Why did she have to give into him so easily still?

Matt cracked a small smile. “So, what do we do now?” he asked unsure.

“Honestly, I don’t know,” Bailey answered.

“Want to give it another go?”

“You’re kidding right?” Bailey asked incredulously.

“Uh, should I be?” Matt asked confused.

“Matt it’s been five years! We just started talking again. You can’t honestly think we can just try a relationship again!” Bailey stood up, raising her voice as she looked down at him.

“Why not? We both still like each other, right? I’ve grown up Bailey, I’ve missed you; you’ve missed me!” he countered with a feeble argument.

“You’re absolutely ridiculous,” Bailey shook her head. “You’re touring! How the hell can we have a relationship, when this is exactly why we didn’t work out in the first place! We don’t even live in the same place anymore when you would come home!”

“Then come on tour with us,” Matt offered.

Bailey laughed, “You’ve got to be kidding me, right?”

Matt shook his head. “Come with me Bai,” Matt repeated.

Bailey grabbed the ends of her hair. “Matt we’re 23 fucking years old! We aren’t teenagers that can just run off whenever we please! I have a job; a life!”

“Yeah and how happy are you with it?!” Matt yelled back. “You aren’t convincing me any that you actually enjoy whatever life it is you have!”

“Don’t you dare think you will make me happy again, Matt Flyzik,” Bailey pointed a finger at him.

“Give me another chance Bailey. I haven’t stopped thinking about you. I know I fucked up, but give me another chance,” he tried again.

“No,” Bailey whispered, shaking her head. “I can’t,” she continued, her eyes starting to burn as she thought back to the numerous fights they fought when they were together before.

Matt walked swiftly forward and framed his hands on her face. She tried to pull her head away but he held onto it and pressed his lips to hers. He put as much passion into that kiss as he could muster and felt the electricity running through the kiss. Bailey relaxed slightly kissing him back just as passionately moving her arms from her sides to his hair.

Just as he started to move her backwards toward the couch Bailey broke the kiss. Matt rested his forehead against hers, “I love you Bailey, I do.”

“I know,” she whispered back. “How long are you in town?”

“We have tomorrow off,” Matt whispered pecking her lips.

“Let’s figure all this out tomorrow,” Bailey replied kissing him again. “C’mon,” she said grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?