Status: Updated 23/11.

Spellbound

Chapter 5

I skipped down the corridor to my room, quickly grabbing a vest top and a pair of shorts for bed. Still skipping, I made my way to the bathroom where I pulled my hair up into a pony tail, brushed my teeth, washed my face and got changed ready for bed.

Still in a happy mood, I skipped back to my room, flopped down on my bed and let thoughts of Tom float into my head. Remembering why I wanted to call him, I quickly sat back up and crawled under the duvet.

I picked up my phone and dialled Tom's number. It rang and rang. He must be busy. I tried again, this time it answered.

''Uh hello'' a girl answered breathily.

I froze.

''Hi, is this Tom's phone?''

''Yeaaaah. We're kinda busy right now''

''Oh. Right, well-''

''Elodie?!'' Tom gasped into the phone.

“What the crap is going on Tom?” I demanded.

“Uh, well, uh. Ah! That was Kerry, Luke’s girlfriend. I was in Luke’s room earlier and I left my phone there. I heard the ringing and when I got here Kerry had already answered. Yeah, that’s it”

I was pretty sceptical about this whole thing, I mean, why was she breathing heavily? And why was Tom now moaning?

“Tom?”

“Mmmm yeah, K-Elodie?”

“Did you almost call me Kerry?”

“No”

“Ok. Why was Kerry breathing really heavily when she picked the phone up?”

“ Umm. Her and Luke were having sex”

“And you just walked straight into their room?”

“Yep”

“Whatever”

“Oh. What? I did. Els”

“Don’t ‘Els’ me”

“Ok. Elodie, I swear. They were having sex. Ahhhh. And I walked in, got my phone, and walked uhhh straight out”

“Why are you making weird noises Tom?”

“I’m not. I’m just stressed”

“Psh. Yeah. Maybe Kerry can help relieve you of that stress”

“Don’t Els”

“Don’t what? And I told you not to call me Els”

“Look. Just come see me yeah, remember I’m the one stuck here without you. You left me, it wouldn’t hurt to come back once in a while, okay? So how about three weeks from now? Or are you too busy with all your new guy friends from Max’s team, huh?”

“Whatever Tom. Grow up. But three weeks is good. I’ll get details of the flights and let you know when we’ll be landing”

“We?”

“I might bring a friend?” Shit. Why did I assume Geno would be going back to Canada with me?

“Oh. I didn’t know you had any friends”

“Of course I bloody do, idiot”

“No, I didn’t mean it like that. Just, you haven’t been there very long. Anyway, let me know when you’re coming and I’ll pick you up from the airport”

“Okay, thanks. Bye”

“Bye”

I didn’t shut my phone for a few more seconds, and I’m sure I heard Tom talking to Kerry. Well, I’m not sure I’d call it talking, more like moaning and asking for more. The lying bastard.

I climbed out of bed, unable to sleep. Well, to be honest I didn’t want to sleep. I was completely shattered but I knew I’d just be wondering what the hell Tom was doing with this Kerry girl. I crept along the hallway to the living room. I couldn’t see Geno anywhere, the TV was shut off and all the lights were out.

I made my way back to his room and gently opened the door. I saw him lying in bed facing away from me, sleeping I assume. I crept across the carpet, making sure not to trip on anything and wake him up. I lifted the corner of the duvet and climbed into bed with him. Immediately I felt him turn to face me and wrap his arms around me.

He pulled me in close to him and I buried my face in his shoulder. He pulled back suddenly and looked at me questioningly. “Why are you crying?”

I broke down and explained everything to him. He assured me that it was all just a misunderstanding and that Tom wouldn’t do anything so stupid to risk losing someone like me. But the look in his eyes made me think differently, he looked as though he could kill him.

“Elo, we’ll book a flight up there for one week’s time. We have a few off days then so I can come with you, and we’ll surprise him. If he is with this other girl, then we’ll catch him out. If not, he passed the test. How does that sound?”

“Good Geno, thanks” I snuggled up to him, even closer than before. I began to doze off in his arms, but not before he whispered “Anytime” and placed another kiss on my forehead.

→ → →

A week later Geno and I were checking in at the airport. We’d just taken enough stuff for a few nights, two tops because we had to get back for a game the guys had. I had agreed to go back the same day as Geno because, and this reason scared me, I’d rather spend time with him than with Tom.

“Honeymoon?” The check-in assistant asked us.

My jaw dropped open and Geno blushed the deepest shade of red I have ever seen anyone’s face turn, even with sunburn. He was so cute. We got our seats, and I was near the window after much haranguing from Geno.

“If you don’t let me sit near the window then I’ll have to lean over you the whole flight”

“Then lean over me. You can even sit on my lap if you want” I smirked. Okay, so now Geno the deepest shade of red ever. I took hold of his hand a squeezed it to let him know not to be embarassed.

After much moaning from Geno about not being able to see very well, I eventually got up to let him have my seat. I stood to let him slide across into my seat when he pulled me down into his lap.

“Now we can both see” he murmured as he placed on arm around my back with his hand resting on my shoulder. I just about melted into the gesture; he was honestly the kindest, sweetest person ever.

I reluctantly sat back in Geno’s seat when the air hostess told us we had to sit separately for the landing. As we made our way through the airport Geno laced his fingers with mine. I looked up at him questioningly. “So I don’t lose you” he explained. That seemed reasonable enough to me.

Once we’d got all of our luggage we took a taxi to the hotel and checked in. I left my case with Geno while I walked the short distance to Tom’s place. I still had the key he’d given me so I was planning on walking straight in, surprise him like Geno said.

I was feeling quite nervous so I stopped at a café on the way to freshen up. I fixed my hair and splashed some water on my face after the flight. I put on a little make up, not too much, just enough to look as though I had a bit of colour to my face. The idea of Tom and another girl was making me feel sick.

I decided to have a quick drink in the café before I went to Tom’s. I decided on an Irish coffee, I wasn’t a huge coffee fan but I needed this to prepare myself for what I might see with Tom. I shouldn’t be thinking like this. I got up and left my coffee, walking the few blocks to Tom’s. I should be looking on the bright side. I’m here to see Tom for the first time in a few months.

I let myself into Tom’s house and prepared myself for the worst.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm watching the Ducks-Red Wings and thought I could put all this being awake to good use in updating Geno!

Plus, me and Joanna were discussing how adorable he is, even though he still can't speak English!

Thoughts? Comments?