London Calling

Part Four

We went to a little veranda outside the science block and it was enclosed. It was a bit chilly for me but Joey and Marcy didn’t seem bothered by it. We talked and talked and I got to know them really well. I was really settling into living in London. My favourite part of London was Camden Town. I loved the markets and I feel so at home in there. It interests me all the fashion stalls and everything. I also went and found the place in Camden Town where the clash recorded ‘London Calling. I now had friends who shared my interests and we stood by each other when Brad came around.

Things were really good now. I had friends, I still missed my ones from back home, but I got used to it. I also liked living in London and I was getting used to the weather, surprisingly. But a couple of weeks later the horrid teacher was really giving me a hard time, more then she usually did. I was telling Joey and Marcy about it one afternoon when they had come home with me to meet my embarrassing family. They were both very concerned for me because they had witnessed her evil wrath and thought it was very unfair. I was on the brink of tears with this whole ordeal when Joey had said to me “This teacher is either going to make or break you, and sure as hell don’t let her break you.” And I didn’t, I stood up to her and she was nearly fired over it all. It was called ‘Student Harassment.” Everything was fine after that. Life was damn good again.

London had called, and I answered.