Running From the Mafia Boss

Detention Hall #04

People just don’t seem to be grasping the idea that I don’t want them to talk to me. Or anywhere near me for that matter. I just wanna be the new girl, that’s left alone. Cause she seems grumpy and unwelcoming. I would most gladly take sitting alone in the corner of the cafeteria over being crammed onto the bench next to 3 squealing girls and 4 testosterone fuelled jocks.

“So Levi how are you liking Mycale so far?” one of them asked leaning over to smile at me girlishly.

“Um yeah its okay I guess” I lied trying my best to plaster on a fake smile just as good as there’s were.

“You know what would make it even better?” asked one of the overly buff jocks sitting across from me, I could feel his hand wavering above my knees getting further and further up my thigh. “If you and me went out sometime.”

I almost gagged. Sure he was good looking, but you could just see it from a mile off. It was like he had DICK tattooed on his forehead.

“Aww…Jo- Sorry what was your name again?” I asked innocently leaning over the table. His gaze immediately averted from my face to my chest that happened to get pushed out the slightest by the movement.

“James.” he smirked obviously expecting me to melt much like other girls must have.

“Well James, if you don’t get your hand off my leg in the next three seconds I’ll rearrange your face so that not even dumb, dumber and dumberer here will give you a ride” I replied motioning to the giggling girls sitting next to me checking there face’s in the mirror and asking each other if there bum showed at the bottom of there skirts yet.

His face dropped for a second but he quickly composed himself before leaning back in his chair. His eyes never left mine and a smug look appeared on his face. At my comment the girls burst out laughing all hitting my shoulder playfully. They obviously didn’t understand to the full extent of what I had just said.

I rolled my eyes, grabbed my iPod and my drumsticks and got up to leave. I could feel my brain turning into liquid and dripping out my ear’s the more time I spent with them. I climbed over the bench and winked at James before walking out of the cafeteria doors.

I twiddled my sticks through my fingers effortlessly as I walked. The morning had been boring, I could already feel my life going into a monotonous pattern that it would follow everyday until either my father called and said all was clear or I graduated. And right now both seemed a very very long way away.

I glanced through the door’s into the art department and saw a few people wearing dark clothes with there hair all covering there face’s drawing withered old roses and nightmare-ish creatures. I didn’t understand it, I mean I don’t exactly look like a slut or dress like one but I seem to have managed to have the slutty group in general latch onto me.

All in all I could tell straight away that I was going to hate this school. Much like I hated my last, and the one before that and the one before that. I left school at 16 over in England. Thought I was finally free from it but look where I am now. Stuck back in the same old institute only, it’s in a country where the sun actually shines during the summer months.

Already I had managed to bag about 2 hours worth of detention and it was my first day! I sighed again as the bell rang signalling the start of class, I prayed I wouldn’t have any the bimbo’s in the last few classes. If so I swear someone will be getting a drumstick to the eye.

****

Ughh. I did have bimbo’s, I had all three. It wasn’t even one of them I mean I could put up with one, I would put my iPod in and zone her out but with three. My iPod speakers were just no match for there incessant chatter.

“At least the day’s over now.” I sighed inwardly, making my way toward the detention hall. I was sure I wouldn’t have to put up with anyone I didn’t like in here, the bimbo’s may be sluts but they didn’t want to make mommy or daddy mad. They tried there best to stay away from detentions.

I waltzed through the door with DETENTION HALL written in large black capital letters and smiled at the teacher. I held the door open as he stared up at me from his desk. His eye’s looked bored and everyone in the room had there eye’s trained on me.

“I take it this is the detention hall then?” I smirked pointing to the sign.

“I’ve got a genius on my hands.” replied the teacher holding his hand out for a pink slip.

“Aww sir you know it’s true.” I winked fishing the slip out of my jacket and handing it over to him.

“I’ve never seen you around Miss….Ferrari, are you new?” he asked glancing down at the slip for my name then casually throwing it in the bin along with the 50 others.

“I am, well done sir.” I mocked wandering off to find a seat at the back, “and you said I was the genius.”

The teacher, obviously being too tired to bother arguing back lifted up his magazine and commenced reading again. I plonked down on one of the hard chairs and pulled out my iPod seriously I dunno what I would do without it.

A few minutes later I felt something hit my back, turning round to see what it was a paper ball came flying at me and hit my on the cheek.

“Paper balls, seriously?” I asked one guy sitting about 3 chairs away from me. His dark brown hair was floppy and unkept, he sat reclining in the chair smirking at me. His face was tanned and he had a strong jaw line, his eyes were a dark green and nose set of his face perfectly.

He was very good looking. Although by the way he was looking at me, I could tell we wouldn’t be getting along. He had that superior smugness to him, like he knew a secret that no-one else did.

“Well are you going to answer me or are you just going to sit there and smirk at me like a retard all day?” I smiled sweetly. Watching with satisfaction as his face flashed with annoyance.

He chuckled darkly before leaning forward. Almost everyone in the room was listening to our conversation, we were talking over some random girl’s desk for gods sake.

“Girly, you don’t even know who you’re talking to.” he warned casting me a menacing look that only made me wanna aggravate him more.

I smiled.

“Let me guess.” I started putting a finger on my chin pretending to ponder like it really interested me, “Arrogant little wanker that thinks he can get into any girl’s pant’s by flashing them that award winning smile of yours…go on give it a shot, I bet you wanna see me melt.” I urged.

He stared at me, anger building up behind the calm frontier he had on. One thing I earned from him, he had a temper, much like me but he was interesting. After a few minutes of staring, he smiled down at his desk before laughing slightly.

“Right everyone detention’s over, bugger off home.” muttered the teacher grabbing his suitcase and walking briskly through the door.

The guy straightened out of his chair and I quickly followed suit. We both stood staring at each other as he continued to smile at my comment.

“Yeah,” he laughed, I could see it in his eyes and hear it in the way he spoke, he was mocking me, “I guess you got me.” he said holding his hands up in surrender.

I scowled feeling my hands clench together in anger.

“How did I do?” he asked staring down at me from his insanely tall height.

“I’m sorry to break it to you but I didn’t feel a thing, not even a tingle.” I shrugged walking toward the door. We were almost the last two out of here and I could feel him following close behind me.

As I reached the door he leant out and grabbed my wrist. I turned round to look at him, his face was full of annoyance, he obviously didn’t like getting talked to like that by anyone, let alone a girl.

He leant in so he was breathing directly into my ear, his warm breath trickled down my neck and made me shiver.

“I guess I’ll just have to keep trying then.” he whispered, his gravelly voice actually succeeding on making my knee’s buckle slightly.

“I guess so.” I snapped wrenching my arm out of his grasp and leaving swiftly.