Agent Paradox

Vacation?

I rubbed my head as I awoke from my slumber. I began to notice the steel walls around me. “Oh that’s right. I spent the night at the base didn’t I?” I said. “Yeah. We did” someone said beside me. I looked over and there was my wife. I wasn’t really surprised because this wasn’t the first time we did something of this nature. The problem was I couldn’t remember anything. “You all right hun?” she said caringly. “Yeah. I’m fine” I said cracking my neck. I looked over at my watch and it said 9:17. “Hey Jess” I called over. “We’re late”
“No way!” she said surprised. We both jumped up and began to put our cloths on. I turned away from her as a sign of respect. “What are you turning away for? I have nothing you didn’t see already.” She said. “Perhaps, but it’s a sign of respect.”
“You’re so uptight Alex.” She said softly. I then felt her body on my back. She then whispered in my ear “loosen up a little” she said as she kissed my neck. “We’re late for work, we’re at the base, and the crew members will call my phone in like thirty seconds. Do you really want me to “loosen up”?” I said trying to make a point. “Suit yourself” she said pulling away. When we were dressed, we raced to the operations room. “Sorry I’m late everyone” Jessica said walking in. “I had a few ‘things’ to take care of.”
“I’ll say. You took good care of Paradox didn’t you madam captain” Bob said laughing. Jessica blushed immediately. “Shut it Bob!” I yelled. Bob is our communications expert. Best damn mind in the quadrant if you ask me. Bob isn’t his real name. It’s his agent name. Bob is such a common name, if he really went on a mission, he could use Bob and no one would suspect anything at all. “Why hide it Paradox? The whole crew knows” everyone started to laugh. “Yeah. All we heard was ‘OH MY GOD! DON’T DO THAT!’ among other things.” Some in the front shouted. “I said shut it!” I yelled again. The room became quiet. I couldn’t let it stop there though. I was starting to have some fun. “Look at you all! Laughing at a man and his wife. It’s funny though, because I remember when Bob and his wife fell through the base vent system. Naked might I add.” I said with a glare at Bob. He just sat there laughing. “Yeah. That was one hell of a night.” He said. “And you Soujin!” Souin is one of our many field agents. He is strictly confined to Japanese missions because there aren’t many people who speak that language here. “Remember when we found you and your ‘doctor’ in the weapons room? If I recall correctly, we were missing three grenades the next day.” By this time, the entire room was in an uproar. Everyone was having a good time. But all of that was interrupted when a distress signal came in. “Madam Captain, it’s Ken!” Bob yelled. “Where is he” Jessica yelled back. “He is in Italy!”
“Italy? I only sent him to Florida! Patch him through! NOW!” About a minute later, we heard someone breathing heavily. “Ken? Is that you?” Jessica said. “Yes Madam Captain.”
“What’s your situation?”
My cover has been blown and I have no idea where I am. If I’m not rescued in about a week, I’m a dead man” he said. Everyone lowered they’re heads. “Crap! I got to go Captain” with that, the connection was lost. “Paradox!” Jessica said. “Think you can handle this?” she said quickly. I gave her an odd look. “I’ve had worse,” I said with pride. “Good. This is strictly a search and rescue mission. Casualties will not be tolerated.”
“Yes Ma’am!” I said. “You have three days. If you are not here in three days, then you won’t like what will happen next. Is that understood?” she said with a firm voice. “Yes Ma’am!” I so love it when she does that. “You leave in an hour. You have until then to be ready. During that time, you equipment will be distributed. You are dismissed.” She said. I ran to my bunker and grabbed some cloths. I also grabbed a special pair of sunglasses that lets me take pictures and camera shots. When on missions, I always knew to pack lightly because you’ll never know what could happen. I ran back to the operations room for my equipment. “Are you packed?” Bob said. “Yeah. What do you have for me?”
“You’re going to love this.” He held out his hand and there was a little square. “This lets you communicate with HQ and the base all the press of a button.” I looked at him over and over. “Where’s the button?” I asked. “The button is you earlobe.”
“No way!” I yelled. “Yup. Now go see Shawn. I hear he has something for you. I looked over and saw Shawn waving me over. When I ran to him, he gave me what looked like a simple revolver. “Don’t be fooled Paradox. This isn’t a revolver at all!” he thin pulled out a thick piece of wood. “Observe. ” Instead of a laser eye, it was an actual laser. My eyes grew wide. “Nice Shawn”
“There’s more. No bullet has EVER pierced this wood.” He fired the weapon and the wood shattered. My mouth dropped. “Do not fire this at a human. If you do, it will be messy. This is for breaking things only! Understood?” he said firmly. “Yes Sir!”
“Now get out of here and bring Ken back” I rushed to the launching station. “Don’t worry. Someone will fly you there” someone said behind me. I turned to find Zeke, our transportation expert. He pointed to a jet at the end of the room. “That’s your ride. I suggest you go catch it.” I nodded and headed for the jet. When I got in, the pilot asked if I was ready for launch. I gave him thumbs up and in less than five minutes, we were in the air and on our way to Italy. The flight wasn’t long, but it was boring. When we landed, I decided to put the communicator Bob gave me in my ear. I pressed my earlobe and I heard laughter. “Now is not the time to be laughing base. Where am I?” I said. “Your on the coast of Italy. Duh!” Jessica said smartly. “More specific Jess!”
“Fine! You’re at the Naples Airport.”
“Do we have a location on Ken?”
“He is..” she paused. “He’s right below you!” she said surprised. My mind kept telling me something wasn’t right. It’s almost as if I’m being invited. Someone know they’re stuff and they know how to use it. “This is bad” I mumbled. “What’s going on Paradox? Something wrong?”
“No. Everything is fine. But I think I’m going to lay low for today.” I said. “Alright. I’m sending a briefcase. It’ll be there in about two hours at the Naples Beach Hotel. I suggest you stay there tonight. Tomorrow is strictly recon. Any and all casualties will be treated as a violation of a direct order and result in immediate suspension. Are we clear paradox?”
“Crystal”
“Alright. Go get some rest. I’ll contact you at 0600 hours.”
“Why so early Jess?”
“That is confidential information!”
“Whatever! Paradox out!” I began to walk away. Honestly, I couldn’t wait until she got off. Sometimes, she is quite annoying. I decided to catch a cab to the hotel. It seemed as if it was about 5:00, so I still had some time to screw around. I didn’t get to the hotel until 6:40. That meant I had twenty minutes to find a room. As I walked in the doors, my jaw dropped completely. The place was PACKED! There was no possible way I’d get there. “unless..” I whispered under my breath. I reached for my “black tail” in my side holster. A black tail is a handgun. Its not known for its firepower, but its known for its handling and its minimal recoil. I whispered into every person’s ear. “Unless you wanna check out permanently, I suggest you move out of the way and get behind me”. Luckily, this worked. It only proves that fear runs out lives. Then again, I didn’t care, I was on my way to the front of the line. “HEY! STOP AND DROP YOUR WEAPON!” a guard yelled. You’ve got to be kidding me. I put my gun into its holster and began to put my hands up. My surrender was interrupted when the same guard threw me out of the way and tackled the guy in front of me. “Busted!” I yelled. I simply walked around. By this time, I was at the front of the line. I flashed my official badge and told them I needed a room for three days with some red wine and a massage therapist. He simply nodded and game me a key with a skull ring. It said “room 231”. I was a bit suspicious, but I began to notice I was in Italy. So it didn’t bother me. I went to my room silently. No greeters, no men in tight pants and vests. Even the hallways were dead. “My room must be pretty shitty for all this.” I said lowly. When I finally reached my room, I noticed it had double doors. “I swear if I open this door and a train pops out, I am so not coming back to Italy.” I said aloud. “No worries” someone said putting they’re hand on my back. I quickly turned around and put my black tail to they’re chin. Her eyes widened and sweat immediately began to pour from her head. I put my gun down and apologized. I looked back up and I began to notice her more. She was wearing a pink bikini and a blue top. Talk about poor fashion sense. “You requested a massage?” she said softly. You could still hear the fear in her voice. I opened the door and ushered her in. The room was simply beautiful. Flowers were everywhere, an actual HD t.v, and the best part, a full view of the beach and all of its visitors. “Sir, would you like to get started?”
“Um, yeah. I would.” I told her. She used her hands to tell me to get undressed. “Completely?” I said nervously. She only nodded. As I took off my cloths, I could hear her heart sinking. My black tail dropped, three grenades, and even my tactical vest. I did like how she played calm though. Some people went insane once they saw me. I kept my boxers on. “Sir, you must take off ALL of your cloths.”
“Well do you have a towel I can use?” she shook her head. “Here in Italy, we are not afraid to show our bodies. So we do not carry towels.” She said calmly. She was trained. It was so obvious. She probably had seen like a thousand packages so far. Most likely, she is a lesbian. I took off my boxers and crossed my legs. She began to giggle. “What the hell is so funny?” I said angrily. She giggled some more. “It’s not small if that’s what you’re thinking.” She said giggling. I blushed. “Well I know that! Lets just get started!” I climbed onto the bed. My stomach began to make a squishing sound. I then felt her hands caress my back. They were oily, but very cold. She did the same motions over and over then urged me to turn over. I was reluctant to do so. I didn’t move until she began to push me. When I turned over, she began to speak again. “I never felt an American before. Care to keep me company tonight?” she said moving closer. “Uh, I’m married. Don’t you see the ring?” I said holding up my hand. “You mean this ring?” she held up two fingers with the ring in the middle. “How the hell did you..” I was interrupted. She rushed me and pressed her lips to mine. She held my arms to make sure I couldn’t force her off. “So this is what it feels like to be raped?” my mind was saying. Then she forced something down my throat. I chocked and gasped for air, but it was no use. I couldn’t cough it up. My eyes slowly began to close. “You bitch” were the last words I managed to force out before I blacked out.