Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 131

I had gotten that satisfaction. I had realized that I had finally did something nice for that one person. I had made an impression that would last forever, and now I would make it a little more possitive.

As we were about to leave the mall, Jeff looked at me and asked, "Hey kid, do you got a camera?"

I shook my head. "No, why?"

"You should have one," she stated, begining to scim the cameras on the shelf of a store.

"No- I don't need one, It's okay..."

'Common, I'll get you one as a going away present. You should have a camera. Maybe you can take some nice pictures before you go to remind you of this place or something..."

I argued with him for as long as it would last, and that was, until he got to the counter with the digital camera he had in mind. I gave up. If he wanted to waste his money on me that was fine... I din't need everyone buying me something though...

He handed the bag to me as he walked int othe humid afternoon heat and got into his car quickly tunring on the air condtioning and sitting there until the car got cooler.

Jeff asked me some stuff on the way back, and by the time we got back, he decided he would drop me off, make sure I was settled, and leave. He told me he would see me tomorrow, and to keep out of trouble until then.

When I got back, Angel was sitting in a plastic chair, looking into his hands.

"What's up,' I asked casually, bringing his attention from the ground.

"Ah- nothin'. Are you serious, though? About all thsi moving away crap?"

"Yea. You should know I'm not one to kid around," I stated as I put the small boxed gift inside the end table.

"Well... I dunno, that sucks."

I sighed and simply replied, "Yup."

"Well, you wanna do somethin'?

"What'd you have in mind," I asked.

"I dunno, we can go catch a movie or somethin'..."

"I guess so," I stated simply.

"You wanna call up Jayde," Angel asked. "And we can all go. I'm sure there's some kind of good horror film out 'r something..."

"Sure," I sighed, putting all my stuff away before I walked across the hall to use to phone and invited Jayde to meet us at the theatre. We would all meet there in half an hour.