In Love With My Best Friend's Boyfriend

Chapter 3

After finding all of my “charges”, I found Hank’s car and got into the driver’s seat. I pulled the keys out of his pocket and watched as everyone except for me and Nick pass out almost immediately. We sighed and took them to my place for the night. We piled them onto the floor in my living room and he lay on the couch. I claimed my berth on the recliner and promptly fell asleep. When I woke up around 8:30 the next morning, everyone was still asleep. I slipped up to my room, grabbed clean clothes and a towel and took a quick shower. I got ready and went downstairs to make breakfast. When I was done, Nick was waking up. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

“Morning, Shelby,” Nick said.

“Morning, Nick,” I responded, putting a plate on the table for him.

“Food’s hot. I’m getting everyone else up.” I grabbed three bottles of water and a bottle of aspirin to take to the guys.

I opened the blinds.

“Rise and shine, lovelies,” I said.

I was greeted with groans and a,

“Close the blinds, it’s too bright!”

I chuckled to myself.

“Come on, get up you lazy boys!” I shouted.

Nick laughed from the kitchen.

“I smell food,” Chris said, popping up.

I nodded and handed him two aspirin and a bottle of water. His face brightened a bit.

“Thanks!” He said, giving me a small hug.

Henrik came over next and I passed him his bottle of water and aspirin. He kissed my cheek lightly.

“Thank you,” He said softly.

Tomas was last, and he still had his head buried in a couch cushion.

“I’ll tell you something, Tom. You probably feel a ton better than Kelsay right now. She had about twice as much to drink as you did!” I said.

He pulled his head out, grinning, and took his water and aspirin.

“Thanks mom!” He said before running into the kitchen for breakfast.

“Why you little-“ I started, but Nick and Hank held me back.

“Don’t waste your energy, Shelby,” Hank said softly.

Nick nodded in agreement. I sighed heavily and sat down. We ate breakfast in silence and sat around for a little bit watching television. By the time noon rolled around, we were already at the arena and I was in the stands waiting for the practice to start. I looked around and noticed that Kelsay wasn’t here. I spotted Pavel and waved at him. He smiled and waved back, and then practice started.

||Pavel’s POV||

I saw Shelby wave at me from the stands and I smiled at her and waved back. Henrik and Nick glanced at each other and grinned.

“What?” I asked, skating over to them.

“You’ve got the hots for her,” Hank said.

I shook my head, and Nick laughed.

“Don’t even deny it!” He said.

I felt my face heat up. They grinned again, and I knew I was blushing.

“I’m not! Seriously!” I said.

Hank shook his head and skated off. Nick put a hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t be embarrassed about it. She’s a pretty girl, and Kelsay’s annoying. She’s quiet and sweet. If I was younger and single, I’d go out with her,” He said.

I nodded.

“I think about it,” I said finally.

He smiled at me, gave my shoulder a last little squeeze and skated off. Coach Babcock started a long and grueling practice so we’d be ready to face the Blackhawks the next night. My gaze wandered to Shelby every opportunity I got and she was watching me.

“Pavel, look out!” Chris called.

I turned in time to avoid being run over by Marian.

“Pavel! Stop getting distracted by your girlfriend’s friend and ask the girl out already!” Babcock yelled at me.

The guys burst out laughing and I blushed. I looked at Shelby and she was blushing too, so I knew she had heard him. Maybe I should just do it… I thought as we skated off after practice was done.
♠ ♠ ♠
By far the shortest chapter. I was really uninspired for this one, but Maddison's been bugging me about it a bit, and I'm using my MP3 player and boredome in physics to write, so everyone can thank Maddison as well as Emily for me continuing to write this. I <3 you both!!!