Lovers Love, Liars Lie

Chapter 3

A little advice to those people like me; when you go to a party with alcohol, don't get smashed right away. You need one drink for confidence and another one to start the lying process and not much more. Why? Because if you get too drunk your lies get mixed up and you give yourself away.

I was currently on my first drink, sipping it out of the typical red cup and gaining my confidence. At the same time, my eyes surveyed the room. I studied the layout, exits, people inside, and the environment.

By now I'm not really sure how much alcohol Kate had consumed. All I know is she is hanging all over some boy with longish brown hair and attempting to make out with him, but due to both of their state of drunkenness, it wasn’t really working.

I walked away from her and headed towards one of the three exits. Stepping outside into the cool air, I dug through my purse looking for a cigarette. Normally, I don't smoke at all, but every now and then I get the urge, it’s a stress reliever.

After finding one, I now struggled to find a lighter in the black hole known as my purse. I found one, but after attempting to light the flame several times, I noticed it was out of the liquid inside.

"God dammit." I murmured to myself and threw the lighter into the garbage can near me. Placing the cigarette back into my purse, I leaned against the wall of the building and downed the rest of my drink.

Tonight was just not my night. For the first time in months I found myself not wanting to be here at a party, or with Kate, or drinking.

"Yeh lookin' for a lighter, love?" I looked sideways and towards the voice. Near the door I had walked out of stood two boys. One was heavily tattooed,and attractive, while the other was short with his messy hair in his face.

Simply, I nodded and didn't bother to speak. The tattooed one walked over to me, a lighter in his outstretched hand. Gracefully, I took it from my and picked the cigarette back out of my bag. In a matter of seconds I lit the cigarette and inhaled, handing the lighter back to the guy.

"So what brings yeh outside an' away from the party?" The short one asked while he brushed his hair out of his face. Again, I didn't reply. He chuckled, brushing hair away from his face once more, "Eh, looks like she's a shy one."

"Hah, shy? Hardly." I replied taking another drag from the cigarette. I turned my head away from the two guys and exhaled, watching the smoke blow away with the breeze.

"Hmm, a bit feisty as well. No complaints there really." The tattooed one said. I was slightly annoyed with both of them. I mean, why exactly were they talking to me?

Silence took over the air as the shorter one dug through his pocket and pulled out a carton of cigarettes. I watched as he took one for himself and handed the other to his friend. They talked quietly between themselves for a while as I finished my own ciggie.

I took one final inhale from the cancer stick before dropping it to the ground and stepping on it. Walking past the two guys, I fixed my posture and smiled at them. "See you around."

&&

Kate was no where to be found. Chances are that guy she was with convinced her to go home with him or head somewhere private. If that was the case, not only do I think she's a whore, but she's also a bitch for leaving me stranded.

Annoyed and frustrated, I walked over to the bar and flashed my fake ID before receiving a mixture of pineapple juice and Malibu. After taking a couple of sips, I pulled my phone out of my purse and started to skim through my list of contacts.

Who was I going to text to come and get me? Other than Kate, only one other person puts up with my shit. My neighbor Aaron had known me for years and I guess you could call us friends. I clicked on his name and sent him a message asking him if he was free. If all else fails, I call myself a taxi.

After ten minutes and no reply, I finished my drink and exited the building. The party was pretty lame anyways. Outside, the L.A. was becoming colder as it got later at night. I walked to the edge of the sidewalk, now very close to the busy street, and held out my hand as an attempt to catch the attention of one of the numerous taxis.

"Why the fuck can I not hail a taxi?" I grumbled in annoyance. I heard some laughter next to me and turned to face the same boys from earlier. Rolling my eyes I stepped back and faced them, "What, you think you can do better?"

The one with the tattoos shrugged and nodded. He stepped forward near me on the edge of the sidewalk and put both his pinkie fingers in his mouth and whistled. Within seconds a taxi was pulling up along the side of the curb. While grinning at me, he opened the door for me and motioned for me to get in.

I locked eyes with his as I walked past him and got into the cab. Before shutting the door, he leaned is head in a little and mimicked me. "See yeh around."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it's kind of lame, but alright over all.

How about some comments?
That would be fan-fucking-tastic.
:D

And I already have almost 50 readers,
and 16 subscribers.
Thank you,
Much love :tehe:

forever and always,
Kitten.