Lovers Love, Liars Lie

Chapter 9

Today the guy I ran into at the bookstore thinks my name is Anna. And maybe, today I feel like Anna, but my mind doesn't believe it.

My mind is still too preoccupied with last night -- my night of truthfully being Taylor -- to want to be Anna. I let the lie slip and chatted for a few minutes before escaping down a different aisle

The date last night had gone surprisingly well. After finishing up with the mini golf, Oliver took me out for ice cream, which was fantastic no matter how cliché, and we talked. For some reason I was expecting him to be a lot like he was at the party; cocky, loud, and flirty. Though he was being flirty, he wasn't over done at all. It made me feel like he was letting me in a bit, letting me see what he's really like.

I wish I could have done the same, but I couldn't. There was no way I'd let someone in after a few days of knowing them. Kate wasn't even let in and I have known her for nearly two years. I'm pathetic.

Anyways, after the ice cream he took me home and, like a gentleman, walked me up to my door. It had been awkward for a moment, us standing like kids again, at my door and just looking at each other. Being bold, I leaned up and kissed him, thanking him for a fun night before disappearing inside my house.

Thinking about him was driving me crazy. Like the first time I met him, I couldn't get him out of my mind. I wasn't liking the effect he was having over me. I was turning into mush around him and my normal confident self was thrown out the window.

As much as he was driving me insane, that didn't stop me from accepting his invitation to a party. I'll admit, I wanted to see him as much as I could.

&&

"Gah, how much have I had to drink?" I asked, a smile forming on my lips. Oliver shrugged, smiling also, and refilled my cup and his with vodka.

So far, the night was going good. I was at the party Oliver invited me to and so far I had managed to keep myself from hanging all over him, though other girls didn't seem to have the same self control. I did feel a bit of power though when he ignored the many girls and kept his focus on me.

We hadn't kissed yet, though I wanted to, and with my increasing number of drinks consumed, it won't be long until I forget about myself actually having some morals.

"Hey Oliver." A blonde girl cooed, walking up to us in the kitchen. He smiled and greeted her, hardly able to speak before she started to make a move.

It was as if I wasn't even there. She leaned in close to him, whispering something in his ear before running her manicured hand down his chest. He smiled at her, but it looked forced. He said something to her but I couldn't hear it over the music, but I did see her response. She made a face and looked my way, glaring and rolling her eyes before removing her hand from his chest.

As she walked away, passing me, her shoulder hit mine as she shot me another glare. Gee, thanks super bitch, you're the best.

"Sorry, love." Oliver said, stepping closer to me. I smiled and shrugged, letting him wrap an arm around my waist. "Want to go for a walk?"

"Yeah, come on." I took his arm away from my waist and linked my hand with his. We walked out of the and into the cold air, fingers lacing together.

Once we were alone outside, we barely made it a few feet away from the door before he let go of my hand and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him. Once I was close enough, he lifted one of his hands up and cupped my face, making me look at him.

"I don't care if I sound cheesy or not," He started to say, a smile creeping onto his face, "But damn, I just want to kiss yeh."

Taking that as a hint, I leaned up and pressed my lips firmly against his, tossing my arms around his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's super short,
& very lame.

Sadly, I'm running out of ideas to get to the main point of this story.
I have it all in my mind, but getting there is tough.

Anyways, I'll keep up with it,
But the updates compared to my other story may be slow.
[:

Throw your ideas at me :D
xoxo