Sequel: All Grown Up

Story of My Life

4th of July Party!

July 4, 2009 10:00 am

(Cole’s POV)

We are having a huge 4th of July party tonight. We got everything UN packed just in time for the party. Dylan and I planned a guest list to see whose coming and who’s not. Yesterday, we made a final list with the following people on it.

• Zacky and Gena
• Brian and Michelle
• Johnny and lacey
• Jimmy and Leana
• Joey Armstrong-15 years old (Dylan and mine’s friend)
• Mike Thompson-16 years old (Dylan and mine’s friend)
• Mark martin-16 years old (Dylan and mine’s friend)
• Kory Reese-15 years old (Leah’s friend)
• Vincent Brown-10 years old (Kane’s friend)
• Cody Benson-11 years old (Kane’s friend)
• Billie Joe and Adrienne Armstrong (Joey’s Parent’s)
• Jake Armstrong-12 years old (Kane friend, Joey’s little brother)
• Tre’ Cool
• Mike Dirnt
• Frankie Wright-8 years old (Tre’s Son)
• Brian Sr. and Suzy Haner (Brian’s Parents)
• McKenna Haner-10 years old (Brian’s little sister)
• Johnny Gera (Brian’s Brother)
• Brent Haner (Brian’s brothers)
• Carlie Wilson-16 years old (Leah’s friend)
• Riley Jacobs-15 years old (Leah’s friend)
• Spencer Henderson-15 years old (Leah’s friend)
• Hannah Jones-16 years old (Leah’s friend)
• Travis and Shanna barker
• Mark and sky Hoppus
• Tom and jen delonge
• Antiana de la hoya-10 years old (Shanna’s daughter, Travis’s step daughter)
• Landon Barker-6 years old (Travis and Shanna’s son)
• Alabama Barker-4 years old (Travis and Shanna’s daughter)
• Jason Berry
• Matt Berry
• Tim Armstrong
• Lars Frederiksen
• Branden Steineckert
• Jacoby Shaddix
• Jerry Horton
• Tobin Esperance
• Tony Palermo
• Cameron (Family friend)
• Larry Jacobson (A7X manager)
• James and Francesca Hetfield
• Castor Hetfield-9 years old (James and Francesca’s son)
• Cali Hetfield-11 years old (James and Francesca’s daughter)
• Marcella Hetfield-7 years old (James and Francesca’s daughter)
• Joel Madden
• Benji Madden
• Billy Martin
• Paul Thomas
• Dean Butterworth
• James Hart
• Joey Roxx
• Timmy Russell
• Allen Wheeler
• Aaron Baylor

And some other people Matt knows. Right now Kane and I are at the store buying food from the list Val made.

“Ok, we need pop, party trays, paper and plastic cups, plastic silverware, chips, hot dogs, hot dog buns, hamburger meat and hamburger buns, ribs, cookies, and pick up the cake under sanders.” Kane read to me as we drove to wall-mart. I nodded and finally pulled into wall-mart. We got out and Kane grabbed a cart. We got everything off the list then went to get the cake.

“Hi I’m here to pick up a cake under sanders.” I told the lady. She nodded and went to the back to get it. She came back and handed it to me. It had a big flag on it and it said “happy 4 mother fuckers” I have no clue how they were allowed to put that on there.

“Kane push the cart.” I said grabbing the cake. He pushed it to a cash register and we paid for the stuff. We went back out to the car and put all the groceries in the trunk. Kane took the cart to one of those cart collector things outside then got in.

“Hold this but be careful.” I said placing the cake on his lap. He nodded and held it tight. He looked at it.

“I can’t believe they put this on here.” He said laughing. I laughed.

“Yeah I know.” 20 minutes later, we pulled into matt’s driveway. Kane took the cake inside while I grabbed some groceries. Just as I was about to walk inside, he walked back out.
“Grabbed the cookies and pop then shut the trunk.” I told him. He did as he was told. I sat the bags down on the table.

“Thanks Cole.” Val said coming over to the bags.

“No problem.” I said and went out back. Zacky and Brian were back there talking.

“Hey guys.” I said sitting down with them.

“Hey.” Brian said. We started talking about tonight. Uncle matt came out about 10 minutes later.

“Jimmy and I got a shit load of fireworks.” He said. Brian, Zacky, and I got up and went into the living room. There were a lot of fireworks on the floor.

“Woah.” I said. Everyone nodded.

“This is gonna be the best 4th of July ever.” Zacky said.

“We’re also gonna have a stage set up in the back yard at around noon. We got a permit from the city.” Matt said.

“Cool who are you gonna have play?” I asked.

“Well you guys, us, Green Day, Rancid, Blink 182, Papa Roach, Metallica, Burn Halo, and Good Charlotte.” He said.

“Cool.” I replied.

(4:00pm)

Right now I’m getting dressed for the party. I put on my OBEY Disco In Your Skull shirt, Division E Cargo shorts, and my Etnies Fader shoes. Now I’m gonna fix my hair and put on deodorant and stuff.

(Leah’s POV)

Right now I’m getting ready. I just got out of the shower and now I’m going through my closet to see what I want to wear. I put on my Marilyn Manson glow tee, BKE Sabrina Shorts, and my P-Dots Skate Mid vans. Now, I’m gonna do my hair and makeup.

(Kane’s POV)

Right now I’m going through my closet for something to wear tonight. I found my HAND DRAWN Volcom tee, my Etnies Dune cargo shorts, and my DVS Enduro shoes. I think I’m ready.

(Dylan’s POV)

Right now I’m looking through my closet for some clothes to wear to the party. I decide to put on my Tapout art of war tee, my Vurt chase fallout shorts, and my Nike 6.0 Morgan shoes. Now I’m ready.

(Cole’s POV)

I walked downstairs to see matt, Val, Zacky, Gena, Brian, Michelle, jimmy, Leana, Johnny, and lacey all dressed.

“The stage is done outside, go take a look.” Matt said pointing to the back door. I walked through the kitchen and out to the back yard.

“Oh my god.” I said to myself as I went over to the stage. It was great. Who ever built it knew what they were doing. Kane, Dylan and Leah walked out and looked at it too. We walked back inside and waited for everyone to show up. By 7, everyone was finally here. Val had the food set out in the kitchen and everyone was in there eating.

“Everyone, can I get your attention.” Matt said to everyone who was in the kitchen. Everyone stopped talking and tuned into what matt had to say.

“First of all, I’d like to say thank you for you all coming out and I hope you have a great time. The show is about to start out back so let’s head out there.” He said. We all went out back where the stage was. Brian, Zacky, Johnny, Matt, and Jimmy had set like a billion chairs out there in front of the stage earlier. Everyone took a seat.

“Our first performers are The Leftouts.” Jason Berry said into the mic. Everyone clapped and cheered and Kane, Leah, Dylan, and I walked on stage. We got our instruments and got ready to play.

“I hope this is the best 4th you guys will ever have.” I said into the mic.

Everyone cheered and so I started out with our song stop spinning. After playing, everyone cheered and we went to our second one, drivin’ to California. Then ended it with our latest song, Just say it. Everyone cheered and we got off the stage, taking our seats in the crowd. People around us told us what a good job we did. Jason berry went on stage and announced that blink 182 was now gonna play. We all cheered as Mark Hoppus, Tom Delonge, and Travis Barker went up on stage. They played 3 of their old songs, the rock show, another girl another planet, and, and Dammit. Next was Papa Roach who played Lifeline, had enough, and into the light. Next was Metallica, who played Enter Sandman, Fade to Black, and Sweet Amber. Next was rancid. They played Last chance to die, east bay night, and ruby soho. Next, green day went on. They played know your enemy, 21st century breakdown, and American Idiot. Next was Good Charlotte. They played keep your hands off my girl, the river (Which included matt and Brian), and misery. Next was Burn halo who played Dirty little girl (Which included Brian), save me, and anejo (Which also included Brian). Finally, the last performer, Avenged Sevenfold. They played Scream, Unbound Ride, and Bat Country. After the band played, it was about 11:00pm. We lit off the fireworks. They were awesome. Actually they were fantastic! Best 4th ever I think. Also by the look on other people’s faces and the looks on the kids faces, their best 4th ever too. It took us an hour to get everything lit off. By now, everyone was ready to party. I saw Shanna, Travis barker’s girlfriend, sitting down holding a sleeping Landon and a sleeping Alabama. I went over to her.

“I can take them up stairs to the guest bedroom so you don’t have to sit here and hold them.” I offered. She smiled.

“Thank you Cole.” She said handing me Landon then handing me Alabama.

These kids were hella light. I walked upstairs and took them to the guest bedroom. I laid them on the bed and took off their shoes. I covered them up and put their shoes on the night table. I turned off the light and cracked the door. I walked back downstairs and out back to where everyone was. There was music playing from the stage speakers. All the other kids were running around laughing, the teenagers standing around talking, and the adults talking and jamming out to the music. I walked over to where all my friends were. They started telling me how awesome the party was. I just nodded and listened to their convo’s. This party was awesome. We had a private concert, huge ass fireworks, and all our friends and family were here. The party lasted til 4am. I went to get Landon and Alabama. Travis and Shanna had a little too much to drink so I offered to take them home. Travis was carrying Antiana (Shanna’s Daughter) in his arms. He put her in first then got in, I handed him Alabama. Shanna got in and I handed her Landon. I got in the driver’s side and drove to their house. I helped them get Landon and Alabama to their beds.

“Thanks so much Cole, we appreciate it.” Travis said as he walked to the front door with me.

“Hey no problem dude; Thanks for coming to me to help you guys get home.” I said. He nodded.

“If you need a baby sitter or anything else, you can call me alright?” I said.

He nodded and thanked me again before I left and drove back home. Zacky and Gena, Jimmy and Leana, Johnny and Lacey, and Brian and Michelle all ended up crashing in the living room. Vincent and Cody crashed in Kane’s room with him. Hannah, Kory, Riley, Spencer, and Carlie crashed in Leah’s room with her and Joey, mike, and mark crashed in my room. Soon, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my last chapter of this story. I have a new one called All Grown Up which is the sequel to this one. i hope you enjoy it just as much as you enjoyed this one.