Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 28: What The Hell Were Those Colours Again

The mood was broken once more by the flash of a camera and the raw of an angry person.

“You good – for – nothing, nosey, low – life shit!” came the angered shout and a responding squeal as two dark shapes went running madly through the parking lot. I looked at Mikey and he shrugged, but settled back against the car to watch.

“I guess there was a paparazzi about and possibly a fan or Ray or someone who doesn’t like paparazzi and they’ve gone to sort them out for us.” He suggests.

I pull a thoughtful face and nod, “Seems likely Sherlock.” I tease him, tiredly. He wraps his jacket around me with his arms securely round my waist. I snuggle my head closer into his chest and smiled at him. “Thank you.” He kisses the top of my head.

“What else am I supposed to do?” he asks, “I want you to be happy, and I like you being close to me.” I smile at him.

“You big softy!” He laughs and nods. We hear a kerfuffle approaching us and I turn in his arms to watch the approaching black shapes. Mikey his back on me to turn the car round and to turn the lights on, I wait patiently and am rewarded by the site of a man I don’t know trailing another man I don’t know by the ear. I laugh and tap Mikey’s shoulder.

“Are you the Way couple?” Mikey and I nod, as Mikey climbs out of the car.

“I’m a big fan of you’re band, Mr Way. You really helped my daughter.” Mikey blushes and nods.

“Thanks.”

The man shrugs, “This shit was taking a picture of you cuddling. I didn’t think that was very fair.”

“Thank you.” I put in, smiling at him.

“I have the film if you want to destroy it.” The man tells us hopefully.

I look at Mikey and raise an eyebrow at him, Mikey just shrugs and holds out a hand. “Thank you a lot, it’s nice to know that there’s someone out there who’s a fan not a teenie.”

The man shrugs, “I shouldn’t have been watching, but you looked so happy and I did want to thank you.” We smile and give the man a hug. He turns and heads back into the block of flats Mikey and I turn to the car and he drives us home, sighing. I press my hand to his knee and smile at him.

“I’m sorry – I should have declined an offer from you to drive.”

He shakes his head, “I shouldn’t have let you shout me down about driving.” I laugh.

“It’s the past, do we really care? If we do we’ll just fight about it… and I don’t want to fight anymore.” I tell him bashfully nuzzling my nose into his shoulder.

He nods, “It’s ok – I wouldn’t fight you about that. There’s no point.” He pauses, “We’ll get that test tomorrow, yeah?” I nod, looking a bit worried, “I’m really excited about this.” He tells me, “I’m really, really happy and so proud.” He tells me. I laugh.

“Proud?” He nods.

“We’ve got to the point where you can tell me things, before I reckon you’d have got rid of it, wouldn’t you?” I bite my lip and nod, casting my eyes down. “See? I’m proud that we’ve fixed what we have enough to do this.”

I look at him consideringly and smile, “Our child is going to have the best dad going.” I tell Mikey as he parks up outside the house. He blushes and I kiss him. “I have a test in my bedside cabinet, how about we find out tonight?”

His eyes widen and he nods madly before dashing out of the car and wrenching my door open and picking me up to carry me into the house. “What are we waiting for?”

“Uh, me to piss on the stick and then ten minutes for it to weigh up the proteins.” I tell him smiling. He pouts but nods.

“You need to piss, right?”

I shake my head at him, “Jesus, you’re so impatient!”

“Hey! I might be a daddy!!” He tells me pouting as he dumps me in the en suite bathroom and heads back to my bedside cabinet to grab the test. Once he’s found it he runs across the room and passes it to me. He starts to jig up and down on the spot outside the bathroom. I take the test and come out, smiling a little apprehensively. “Has it sorted it?! Are we?!” he asks bouncing up and down.

“Mikey, it’s been two minutes – we need to wait eight more.” He sighs and pouts as I great ready for bed.

“How can you be so calm?” He asks me incredulously as I head back into the bathroom to clean my teeth. I shrug.

“So I can be more excited later?”

“Has it changed?” He asks me as I falter looking at the stick. I nod slowly and scrabble for the box… what the hell were those colours again?