Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 47: But Of Course: We're The Ways

Of course, we eventually had the living desire for oxygen. This meant our few minutes in the rain, being together was broken. The surreal quality of what happened was removed, no more was the rain an ethereal force of pathetic fallacy to bring two like – minded souls together. It was a nuisance that caused cold, wet and mess.

Mikey and I linked hands once more before running for the bus and once inside shaking like wet dogs. We grinned at each other and kissed softly once more before we were hustled off in separate directions to be dried, dressed and fed warm food.

We were allowed to meet up again once in fluffy pyjama’s and pyjama socks. We were both holding steaming chicken soup and some bread in our hands, and looking shame faced.

“Sit.” Gerard told us. He was commanding the situation. He was the daddy.

Mikey and I sat down, he wrapped an arm round my shoulders and I snuggled up close to him, spreading my long dressing gown over him too.

“What the bloody hell do you think you two are doing? What if Lizzie saw? What would we say to her desire to join her parents? Yes?! It would be the death of her! And your unborn baby! Did you think of that, hmm?” He asked us rhetorically.

I looked at Mikey and shrugged, “I was just being the little girl I lost when I moved to America.” I told him shrugging once more, “I know that’s not a suitable excuse and I wasn’t being the responsible parent I should be being.” I continue, watching the glint in Gerard’s eyes, “But I will always need some time to be the irresponsible little girl who needs some time out to think.”

Gerard nods, being very like that himself. He moves his gaze, with raised eyebrows, to Mikey. Mikey pulls a face before putting the cup down and pulling me into his lap. He kisses my neck softly, “I didn’t think Lou had ever been kissed in the rain before.”

Gerard’s jaw drops and his eyes bug slightly at this nonchalant expression. “You what?!” Gerard squeaked beginning to lose control.

“I didn’t think…” Mikey began.

“You’re damn right you didn’t think!” Gerard roared, “You might have caused irreversible damage to your wife and unborn baby not to mention yourself! For the sake of a kiss? One kiss!? What are you Mikey? Mad? A teenager minus any real responsibility?” Gerard was loosing screaming which is bizarre because in concerts he screams for hours but not now.

Mikey jumped in, standing up and being the taller of the two, “What would you know Gerard? Yes, I am mad! I’m madly in love with that woman on that sofa. With her I am a teenager minus any real responsibility. With her I can be who I want to be, I can be Mikey Way a fanatical bass player who has a gorgeous wife, a gorgeous daughter and a baby on the way. I can be simple, I can be normal. Normal people can kiss in the rain if they want too. We weren’t out long enough for the baby to be harmed. Lizzie was safe inside the bus and you know full well that you could have said No to her. You say No to her all the bloody time!”

Mikey began to pause for breath and Gerard had gathered his shouting power once more. Seizing my moment I spread the two apart and pushed them down into separate sofa’s.

“You are both in the wrong for shouting at each other.” I tell them calmly. “We’re all in the wrong. I’m in the wrong for just taking off. I should have remained calm after that interview and stayed here. However, Gerard you have no business to shout and Mikey and I like that. You are not responsible for us, and although we greatly thank you for your interest in our well being it’s not necessary to read us a lecture on being an adult. Mikey, it’s sweet that you have the need to defend yourself, Lizzie and myself but you don’t need to do it so aggressively.” I pause and sit gently on his knee, kissing his nose, “Babe, I know that you love me and Lizzie and that’s all I need. Who cares if other people, including the band and your brother, think we’re mad? We have each other. We have our family. All we need is that.” I pause once more and stand up, “To correct my wrong, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything I did to make today not run as smoothly as it should have done.” I move over towards the door into the rest of the bus, “You two can stay here until you’ve sorted yourselves out.” I blow them both a kiss and leave the room.

“What happened in there?” Christa asks me as I lock the door and head for the kitchenette.

“Uhh, Gerard got carried away with the telling off and Mikey flared up all righteous and very sexy… they’re locked in there until they’ve sorted themselves out. I’ll go in every hour or so to see how they’re doing.”

She nods and hands me another cup of chicken soup, I raise and eyebrow at her, “Your original one is in the lounge still with Gerard and Mikey.” My eyebrows lower and I nod slowly, grasping the cup and taking a sip.

I slid up onto the work surface and watch Christa help herself to the soup before joining me on the work surface, “Have you ever kissed in the rain before?” I ask her, curiously.

She shakes her head, “Not with Ray. Not with anyone. I’d like to. Was it nice?”

I nod, flushing a little. “I guess a small amount of it depends on who you’re kissing. I mean, if I wasn’t kissing Mikey I doubt it would have been as electrifying or surreal as it was.” I cock my head a little to the side and frown a little as well. I shrug slightly, “Je ne sais pas. I guess that kisses in the rain are a very personal thing, and that was my first. However, if it were to happen again I wouldn’t stop Mikey.”

Jamia walks in at that moment and helps herself to Chicken soup. Having lived with Jamia for about 9 months or more, I knew when she was trying not to be curious. I smiled and just waited. Eventually she span round and took the cup in both hands, looking from me to Christa and back again.

“I’m supposed to be going and talking to Frank but that can wait for a bit. First, I have to know what you wouldn’t stop Mikey from doing again?”

My smile widens and I wriggle my eyebrows, “Well…” I start off suggestively, causing Christa to snort and spray Chicken soup everywhere from her nose.

“Ouch!” She squeals, “Aww that really hurt. I think I burnt the inside of my nose.” She whines, trying to see up her nose by reflecting it in the toaster.

I put my cup down and slide from the work surface weak with giggles. I double over on the floor, promptly followed by Jamia. We were of no use to Christa curled up on the floor in hysterics. But Christa was being very funny, she couldn’t see up her nose in the toaster so she was using a pan and pulling her nose all about the shop as well.

Eventually I stood up and led Christa to the bathroom, “Do you want me to see for you?”

She nods, “Yeah, damn. It hurts to breathe through my nose!”

Stifling my giggles I reply callously, “Can I suggest you breathe through your mouth and claim you have a blocked nose when Ray asks?” She pouts at me, sending me death glares.

“This is your fault in the first place!” She tells me, “IF you hadn’t made me giggle.”

“If you didn’t have a dirty mind.” I tell her, smiling gently letting her know that I knew she was kidding me. I look up her nose, trying not to giggle and sigh, “I’d say you’d scorched it. Don’t pick it or go snorting any other hot liquids or even cold ones from your nose for about ten days. Noses are moist and warm so it should heal quickly, but it will be itchy.”

We leave the bathroom and I head for the lounge. I press my ear to the door and can hear quite murmuring, I knock gently before unlocking it and opening the door, “Guys?” I mumble upon entering and keeping behind the door.

Hearing no response I peep out from the door and smile at them. They were hugging on the main sofa watching day time TV. Both look up at me and smile too, “We’re sorry.” They say at the same time and we all hug, one at a time and then as a family.

I nuzzle my nose into Mikey’s neck and kiss him softly, “As long as we’re still a happy family that’s fine.”

Mikey smiles and looks over me to Gerard who, I guess, nods and smiles also. Mikey kisses me gently, “But of course: we’re the Ways.”