Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 7: Deal Or No Deal.

I throw a glance behind me. Shit. It’s Mikey. Damn you Bert. I throw my tiny weight against the door, and it gives. I slide inside and look at who opened the door for me. I see a pair of stunning green eyes and a nose ring… I look down and see guitarists fingers and tattoos most people would cringe at. I reach out and take an arm in my slim hands, running my fingers down his tattoos.

“What the fuck?”

I look up once again, “I’m sorry – I have a thing about tattoos.” I drop the hand, and slide out of my jacket, dropping it on the floor with my bag. “Aww shit.” I mumble and bend to grab my bag. “Uh.” I look round the room. “Cheers, Bert. You could have told me.” I mumble to myself. I shake myself and look back at the bloke who opened the door. “Your Zacky V.” He nods and backs away.

“Syn she’s scary.” He mumbles and hides behind the taller man.

I giggle a little, “Hi. I’m Lou Way. I’m the person from Our Used Romance.”

“I know.” Comes from Zacky and I just ignore him.

“Uhm I’m wearing a dress I made. In here are some other prototypes. The bag’s my design and such. I made all of this stuff. Due to a lack of portable sewing machines which are small the clothing’s only tacked together.” I display the clothes in the bag and Syn leans forward.

“I like it.” He tells me smiling.

I nod and look at him. “Glad you like it.”
“I’m Brian.” He holds his large hand out. I smile and shake his large hand with my little one.

“Lou. But I told you that.” I frown slightly, and shake my head.

He snorts a little, “I like your style. So, uh, if you make me T-Shirts I’ll wear them all the time and show ‘em off. And I’ll pay you…” He trails off.

“Ok. Like Frank Iero does?”

He nods, “How much.”

I shrug, “What do you think they’re worth?”

“In a shop I’d pay about $12 for them. But they’re not in a shop so if we go a little higher… say $20. Each.”

I nod, “Ok. How many a month do you want?”

“You make all of them don’t you?” I nod. “One of each sort? Is this all you got?”

I nod, “So far. I can send you photo’s of prototypes if I have an email address or phone number…”

He nods, “Done. You’ll want my bank details and I want yours.”

I hand him some paper with all my details on it. “Can I take your measurements?” I blush. He nods and removes his top, as Bert and Mikey walk in. I hear the door slam and spin round. Mikey looks ready to murder.

“What are you doing, Lou?”

“Working.”

“Can we talk for a bit?”

“When I’m done, Mikey.” I pick up my tape measure and start measuring Brian and writing down the numbers. I hand him his shirt. “Anyone else interested?”

“Only Zack and Brian were interested to begin with.” Jimmy mumbles, “They were the only ones who Bert had phone numbers for.” I nod and start to pack away. I grab my jacket and turn to Mikey.

“Ok, then. Let’s talk.” I mumble heading out the door. He follows me, reaching to take my hand as I move it to my jacket pocket. We reach the car park and I reach into my bag for a cigarette and lighter. I look at him and he pulls a face.

“How come Frank knows about your business and I don’t?”

“I didn’t think you’d want to know.”

“How come Bert and The Used know?!”

“I shared a bus with them for ten months!” I shout. “Why is it that all we do is fight!” I whisper so only my cigarette can hear me.

“What are you telling your cigarette?” Mikey snaps.

“I was asking it “why is it that all we do is fight?” I’m so bored of fighting with you, Mikey. I’m different to the cow who left for tour. I’m a better person. I’m fighting for things I thought out of my reach!” He pulls a face at me. My fists clench. “I’ve changed for you, Mikey.” I mumble, quietly. “If you still want Ali then lucky her. I’m giving up my career in sound tech for a life at home with a career I can fulfil while travelling round the world after you. My world is being centred around you.” I’m still now shouting. I’m too tired and cold to shout.

“Why have you lost so much weight?” He asks bluntly.

“I kind of lost the will to live once I realised that I’d fucked you off so badly that you’d never want to see me again. And without the will to live there’s no will to eat and I couldn’t sleep.” I turn away, not ready to see the disgust in his eyes. I’m surprised when warm, muscular arms surround me and lips press to my neck.

“I missed you every day you weren’t there. I couldn’t believe how long ten months seemed, it felt like a lifetime and a half had passed before I could see you. Especially with Frank off to visit his lady – friend at least once a month, and I never had the guts to fly out and see you. I’m so sorry.” There’s a strange feeling upon my neck, as a warm liquid lands upon it. I turn in Mikey’s arms and look into his face. Tears are crawling from his chocolate eyes and down his soft, pale cheeks. I raise my hands and cup his face, wiping the tears from his face. I kiss each cheek softly and then his lips.

“You have no need to be sorry, Mikey. It’s my fault. And, uhm, Frankie’s lady – friend was me. He was collecting new t – shirts and passing me all the gossip about your lives.” I blush and hang my head. “I’m really, really, sorry Mikey. We should have told you – just don’t hurt Frankie or hate me.” I glance up at him and he’s smiling softly.

“I should have known, shouldn’t I?” Mikey mumbles. I frown and raise an eyebrow. “He never flew out to the same place, and they were only flying visits. If he was wooing someone you’d expect him to be there for a week or so. But nope, he was there for two days at most. All around America. And that’s why I could never find where he had bought his t-shirts from. I really like your label by the way.” He kisses my lips gently, just a quick peck on the lips. “I think you’re an amazing woman. But I know nothing about you.”

I nod, sadly. “I know less than two shits about you too.” I mumble quietly and I kiss his neck, teasing the skin softly by rubbing my tongue swiftly across it.

He twists his neck away, “Lou.” He mumbles sternly, and I withdraw swiftly from him.

“Sorry.” He whimpers at the loss of contact, and I replace my lips obediently, gently biting on my husband’s neck. He groans, loudly.

The mood is broken by a bright flash and the loud click of a camera.