Desperate Endeavor.

Chapter Three.

Three.

Class is just so damn boring, Juliet thought, glancing up at the board to copy down her algebra equation. I learned all of this in my old school anyway. Multi-steps are like addition to a third grader, for me.Why am I even at this school? I feel like I'm at an institution. No wait, that was my last school. Why is Alex trying to be friends with me. No, I don't want friends. Friends always cause drama. No. I can't do it again. They'll send me back. I don't wan--"

"Juliet?"

Juliet broke from her daze, "Yes?" All eyes were on her. "No one wants to leave me alone, do they?"

"Please answer question number 18."

"X equals three."

Mrs. Noves looked down at her book, glancing at the page for about a minute. Juliet rolled her eyes, "They always try to be suspensful."

"Correct, now for homework--," Before she could finish her sentence, the last bell rang. Juliet pulled up her hoodie and walked out of the classroom. She didn't want to go home, not now, anyway. She knows how her mum will react. Hey darling! How was your first day of school? Did you meet any friends? Are your teachers nice?Typical parent questions. Questions she really wanted to avoid.

"Mum has work today at five. Maybe I'll just wait until she leaves the house before I go home," She had thought to herself. As she exited school, she walked the opposite way. Instead of towards home, she walked towards the town park, trying to clear her head...

She dropped her backpack on the grass and sat on the swings, trying to clear her head, when she heard a familiar voice call from behind her.

"Juliet?"

It was Alex.

She turned around and gave him a curious look. "What are you doing here?" She mumbled.

"I came here to think, escape from the assholes I call my friends. I kind of do this often."

"Oh."

"So why are you here?" He asked, sitting on the swing next to hers.

She felt so awkward, that someone actually wanted to talk to her. She just couldn't understand why.

"I needed to think as well," She murmured.

An awkward silence filled the air between them, until Alex figured it was time to talk.

"So when did you move here?"

She turned to look at him, right into his dark, chocolate brown eyes, and looked down.

"A few weeks into the summer. Stuff happened in my old town that I just needed to get away from,"

"Like what?"

"I prefer not to say. History will end up repeating itself," She looked down at her shoes, slightly swinging back and forth.

He wanted to know what was wrong. He honestly didn't care much about his friend's stupid bet. All they wanted to do was hurt others. He sees the pain within her eyes, her beautiful, sparkling blue eyes. How he longed to help her, in a way. But he knew his friends would kick him off the team if he did not do as wish they asked.

"What?" She said, and he broke his gaze

"What do you mean?"

"You were staring at me,"

"It's..nothing." He turned away, quite embarrassed.

"Then I have a question for you,"

"Yeah?

"Why do you want to be around me so much, it seems?" She curiously asked

"You seem like a really nice person," He said, then murmured "and you are also quite beautiful."

Juliet blushed, she definately couldn't believe what she had heard. Taking out her phone on a nervous habit, she checked the time. Four-thirty.

"Fucking ey, I have to go! My mum is going to be leaving for work soon. I gotta be back before she leaves!" She didn't want to seem like she was blowing Alex off, but she really had to go. It would take an extra 15 minutes to walk the opposite way home.

"I-I'll see you at school next Friday!" He called

Running off, Juliet turned around and waved. She smiled at him. A smile no one has seen since before the tragedies.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter after a long writer's block, I decided I wanted to update.
Constructive critiscim and reviews are greatfully appreciated.

-Kari