Breaking Free

The Call

I was driving and Felicia of course got the passenger seat up-front, and Landon was leaning towards us in the middle of the back seat. It was a beautiful night, so the roof of the car was down.

“This is boring, and very quiet, lets blare some music shall we.” With that being said Felicia blasted some music that was on the radio. I just laughed and saw Landon smile in the rear view mirror.

While me and Felicia and I were singing along, we had stopped at a red light, and this group of guys, who were all pretty decent looking I may add, pulled up beside us.

“Hey girls, where are you going?” The one in the passenger seat asked, he seemed a little drunk.
“Oh nothing,” I said calmly.
“Is that so, well maybe you’d like to come do nothing with us?” He winked at me.
“We-“ Landon cut me off.

“No, they wouldn’t. And if you wouldn’t mind, leaving. That would be great.”
“Your not serious are you?” he laughed.
“Did I st-st-stutter? No, now leave.” He seemed a little irritated. They didn’t have anything else to say, then drove away when the light turned green.

“What was that about?” I asked.
“Well, they seem like real ass holes.” he said, but then looked away.

Before long, we were at the movies, got tickets to the Fast and Furious, and headed to the arcade. Felicia and Landon were racing on the cars. Felicia won, and so did Landon. They were tied.

“You are so going to lose,” I said, with a grin on my face.
“Yeah, is that so? Well, do you want to race her for me then? Since im going to lose anyway.”
“Sure why not, get up outta the seat.” I waited but he didn’t move, he just pulled me on his lap.
“Or.. This works to.” I let out a laugh.
“Okay love birds, lets get this over with.” Felicia rolled her eyes.
“Ready, 3, 2, 1 GO!” And we were off. I was in the lead until I ran into a building. But in the end I won. It felt pretty good.
“Ha! Take that” I mocked her. Then my phone started vibrating in my purse. Someone was calling me.

“Hello?” I asked confused, I didn’t know the person.
“Uh, Bridget?” they asked slowly.
“Yea..” I wondered who it was.
“Okay good I thought she gave me the wrong number. Its Drake, from math class.”
“Oh, hey drake. Who gave you my number?”
“Felicia did. I asked her for it.”
“Why?”
“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime.” He sounded nervous.
“Maybe, when?”
“Tonight?”
“I don’t think so, im at the movies at the moment.”
“What? No way. Really?”
“Yeah why? Is that a bad thing?”
“No, but im at the movies to actually.”
“Oh sweet where?”
“Just walked in the door, where are you?”
“Arcade, I guess I’ll see you in a second.”
“Probably, be there soon.”
“Bye,” I hung up the phone and sighed. This was going to be so much fun. Its not that I disliked Drake, but I don’t know. I mean, its not bad looking or anything, he’s gorgeous, to tell you the truth. I just never thought he would want to hang out with me.

“Who was that?” Felicia asked.
“Drake. You know the one you gave my number to.”
“Oh.. That uh, wasn’t me.”
“Don’t start, oh well. I’m not mad, it would have helped to know that he had my number in the first place. I got off of Landon’s lap and walked over to the air hockey table. Me and Landon were playing and I scored and threw my hands up in the air.

“Woo! Yeah that’s right, I won, oh yeah.” I laughed and they both did to.
“Congratulations,” By the look on Landon’s face I was guessing it was Drake behind me. So I turned around, and I was right. It was Drake.

“Hey Bridget.” He had a beautiful smile painted on his face.
“Hey there.” I said back.

“Bridge, movies starts in 5.” Felicia pointed out.
“Okay lets go.” I started to walk away from Drake. But he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.
“What movie?”
“Fast and the furious, get your ticket and meet us in there. Okay?” I smiled nicely.
“Okay, be right back.”

Felicia, Landon and I got seated and waited for the movie, and Drake. The seating arrangement was, Felicia, Landon, me then Drake would sit on my other side. I really hope this doesn’t get awkward. Next thing I know, Drake sat down next to me with some popcorn in hand. I took some from him and said thanks. He just laughed. The movie started and everyone was quiet. During the movie I wanted an arm rest, but Drake and Landon already had there arms on them. But only Landon had his hand facing up, so I grabbed his hand and my problem was solved. He wrapped his fingers around mine. I felt relaxed. But I couldn’t help but wonder, what was going to happen at the end of the movie.