Minus IQ

Falling away with you

The next to weeks was pretty dreadful. Justin avoided Michael all week. And when he saw Michael in the hall he was walking with Charlie. And everytime Charlie saw the tension between them he would pester them for reasons. Today had to be the worst because there was another problem. It followed Newton’s law of motion. “An object in motion shall stay in motion unless acted upon by another force”.

Justin was walking down the hall to lunch thanking the heavens that it was Friday. He didn’t have to avoid Michael anymore after 8th period was over. Well not at least till Monday.

“Hey! Justin! Come on, Michael needs our help!” the voice of Charlie called from behind Justin. Justin turned around so fast he almost fell over.

“Wipe that smirk off your face, I tripped. What do you mean he needs our help? He hasn’t talked to me all week.”, Justin argued but the little voice inside his head was saying, ’Stop complaining and go save him. If he’s not your boyfriend he’s still your best friend and he needs you!’

“He’s tried to but you are to busy pushing him away. Now hurry up and follow me before Jake kills him!”
As soon as the word Jake hit Justin’s ears he started at a sprint to the end of the hall. Charlie led Justin all the way to the gymnasium. Justin looked around frantically till his eyes landed on a couple guys near the bleachers and a figure being pushed down. No doubt it was Michael.

“HEY JAKE! GET YOUR HANDS OFF HIM!” Justin yelled storming over to the group. He had no idea what he was doing but he wasn’t going to let them hurt his best-friend whether they were talking or not.

“Well, well, well who have we here? Jussy here to save his dear lover?” Jake taunted using one of the most common phrases bullies use.

“You better shut the hell up before I make you.” Justin shot back.
Jake parted the crowd of boys that had been standing over Michael hiding him from view. There Justin saw Michael with a gash beneath both eyes and he could tell there were other bruises. Justin couldn’t control his anger he lunged at Jake and punched him right in the nose.

Jake howled in pain and ran away from Justin and Charlie, to afraid to show his weakness of getting beaten by a geek. Justin’s anger slowly melted to worry. He rushed to Michael’s side and helped him up slowly careful not to put the boy in anymore pain.

“I’m fine so don’t ask. Charlie can you please leave us alone, I need to talk to Justin.” Michael said leaning on a bleacher for support. Charlie left and the two boys were left in silence.

“Justin why did you-?” Mike was cut off.

“I LOVE YOU!”


A/N: I love keeping you guessing.