Teenage Hearts

Neighbors

Lily's pov...

It's seems so weird to fianally move out of Jersey, I know I'm gonna miss going to Manhattan to see my boyfriend to be exact. I miss him so much now, and it sucks that we're moving so far away. I know it's gonna be really sunny, there's gonna be goofy californian guys that look like miniature kens and chicks look like miniature barbies with fake tanned skin, and well you know the rest. Guys in New York and Jersey are just normal, they're not artificial. Of course in NY it's hard to find a guy that likes punk everything, because there's nothing but gangsters and such. At least Manhattan holds plenty of punk guys and decent guys so that as an advantage. A deep sigh escaped from my lips as dad was driving by yet, another tree. I have no slight of the imagination where we are, but I know my i-pod is going to be charged for a while. There's nothing but sucky music in the radio, cuz some places there's country music and rap music, which I hate, but country as in Keith Urban and Rascal Flats is not that bad. I am so bored and my i-pod is dead now, my dad is driving in silent mode, which makes it more boring. Ever since mom died, my life has been ,iserable, knowing I won't get to share all the goofy stuff me and mom used to do. Dad would get jealous cuz I wouldn't spend just enough time with him, but it's not my faul that we don't have ANYTHING in common.

A few more hours passed and we were finally there, we've been traveling for three days. A bunch of plam trees appeared and it was so sunny, my eyes watered. I hated it already and waht do you know, here comes the miniature barbies and kens. They made me wanna barf, but I kringe to keep clean. We just kept driving, but suddenly that side of town kept disappearing as the names of the cities kept appearing. My dad broke the slence by explaining, "That's LA, wasn't our stop, it's coming." I nodded as I let out sigh of relief, then, a sad looking town appeared and dad warned, "This is Oakland, a tad sad isn't it? But I like it." Gosh at times dad could have his emo side coming out, but who can blame him. We kept on driving until we reached a quiet neighborhood. Well the first part was quiet, but it kept getting louder. The different sounds kept circling in and out of the car as my dad parked in front of a normal sized two story. I got out only to see some punk guys trying to jump mini ramps and Green Day blasting through their beat up radios. This was 1990, so kerplunk was blasting through it. I really liked it, alot, but My Chem was always blasting through everyone's radios while Green Day was blasting from mine's. I liked the punk scene in our neighborhood so I was quite satisfied not having to see those fake robots. Out of the guys skateboarding, there was a main one that cought my eye, and he was sitting in front of his house, with a skateboard resting at the bottom of his torn vans. He had a bummed expression on his face. He probably isn't aloud to join the others, I know exactly how he must be feeling.