Can't Have You

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

“Hey Elle,” Aphrodite said, poking her head in to my office. “You busy?”

Aphrodite had been back for a little over a month now that Sofia had magically disappeared into the unknown (everyone knew she was really rotting in Tartarus). She was way more helpful then Sofia ever was and she was less bitchy.

Although I had to admit I was a little jealous of the goddess of love and beauty. She was so gorgeous it kind of hurt to look at her. I instantly saw Apollo’s fascination with her. She made Sofia look like an old hag. She was defiantly more beautiful than any statue had portrayed.

“No.” I smiled cheerfully. “Why?”

“Apollo is here to see you.” Aphrodite smiled.

“What does he want?” I asked leaning back in my chair.

“No idea.” Aphrodite shrugged. “Want me to tell him to go away?”

“No,” I sighed and waved for her to let him in.

Aphrodite disappeared out the door and Apollo came sliding in. As usual, Apollo was sporting his signature sunglasses and leather jacket. Apollo wasn’t as perky as usual. I noticed he was gloomier too, and instantly I knew something was up.

“What’s wrong?” I asked looking over at him.

Apollo just took his sunglasses off and fell into one of my chairs. Then he turned and looked me in the eyes with the most serious expression I had ever seen. “Elle,” he started. “I have something serious to talk to you about.”

“What Apollo? Are the all mighty gods about to boot me?” I asked jokingly and laughed.

Apollo didn’t laugh or crack a joke and I stopped laughing. I thought the gods had dropped my case when Sofia stopped looking into me. Apparently they hadn’t. Since Sofia was gone, Joe and I hadn’t been hiding our affection for one another as much. We had started to fix all the problems in our relationship and were pretty solid right now.

“Are they trying to boot me?” I asked Apollo.

“Maybe,” Apollo sighed and ran a hand threw his hair. “There is a lot of talk going on between the gods. I think they know Elle.”

“What kind of talk?” I asked. I was starting to get worried by way Apollo was acting.

“Elle, I don’t know a whole lot.” Apollo looked at me. “They keep me out of the talk though because they know we’re too good of friends. They know anything they tell me I would run and tell you.”

“How much longer do I have with him?” I asked, hoping it would at least be a while before they pulled me away from Joe.

“I’m not sure.” Apollo said sadly. “It could be tomorrow, a week, or months from now. I really don’t know.”

Apollo and I sat in silence. We both knew this was strike three and if I was busted messing with a mortal by the gods I would be in Tartarus with Sofia. “I don’t want you to go, Elle.” Apollo said quietly. “You’re my best friend. I want you to stay around.”

"You're my best friend to Apollo." I sighed. "But I love him."

“If he is worth spending forever in Taurus, I suggest you make the days you have with him something to last you forever.” Apollo said coolly then disappeared out of my office leaving me alone.

I sighed knowing my days were numbered and Apollo was right. If I was spending forever in Tartarus I was going to make however long I had left with Joe worth it.

---

I waited about an hour for the boys to be done with their concert and to be settled before I waved myself down so I could have alone time with Joe. As I popped into the bunk area were the boys slept I noticed the lights were all off and the bus was moving already. We were traveling to the next stop.

“Joe.” I whispered looking in his bunk but he was already asleep. ‘

I just lay down in the bunk next to him and pulled the curtain behind me. He looked like an angel sent straight from heaven or something that belonged to one of the gods. He was perfect. I just laid there taken in every feature of him while he as sleeping in bliss.

After the night I found him in the bar and we decided to work on what little of a relationship we had left, it hadn’t been easy. At first we were still fighting a bit but after a week or two all the fighting subsided then and we got in what is called in most relationships the honeymoon period. We couldn’t get enough of each other and were constantly together. We had kept things secret from his family. The last thing we needed was for me to get fired, and then kicked off the bus.

“Elle.” Joe said softly and sighed as I ran my fingers through his already messy hair.

“I love you.” I said quietly and just moved closer to him.

“I love you too.” Joe said and started smirking then opened his eyes.

“Did I wake you?” I asked smiling.

“Yeah,” Joe yawned putting his arms in the air and stretching then he pulled me on top of him. “But it’s okay.”

“Mhmm,” I smiled and leaned down to kiss him. “It better be.”

Joe’s lips moved against mine in perfect harmony as we laid there in pure bliss. I knew moments like this would haunt me forever if I had to leave him, and it’s the last thing I wanted to do. But it was moments like this that made spending forever in Tartarus worth it. I grabbed Joe by the shirt and depended the kiss. When he tried to pull away for air, I refused to let him and just pulled him back in.

“Elle, whoa!” Joe said pushing me off him. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” I lied and kissed him again.

“Stop,” Joe said firmly. “Tell me what’s wrong? You’re acting different.”

“I just don’t want this to end.” I said and felt tears starting to form. Stupid human boy who made me fall in love with him.

“Elle,” Joe smiled and pushed my hair behind my ear. “This isn’t going to end. I love you and always will.”

I looked down at him and he was blurry because of the tears were starting to fall. I was too attached to Joe, and I knew we were on limited time. He thought we had forever and I couldn’t bear to tell him that forever wasn’t going to last for us. I knew as soon as I left he wouldn’t remember me. The whole time I was here would never have existed to him, and I think that’s what killed me the most. I would always remember him and he wouldn’t remember me.

“Are you leaving me, Elle?” Joe asked and I could hear the distraught and pain in his voice at the thought.

“No,” I said and started to cry harder.

“Promise me you won’t leave me!” Joe demanded and I knew if I said I couldn’t promise it then he would shut me out and be in a world of pain. So I did the one thing I knew wouldn’t hurt him. I lied.

“I promise Joe, I won’t leave you.”

I knew I was going to riot in Tartarus for doing this and if I wasn’t banished there, I knew I would always have to live with the fact that I knew I would hurt Joe again and couldn’t be honest with him about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here you guys go. (:
The chapters left aren't many.
I hope every one enjoys this chapter I worked hard on it and reworked it instead of giving you guys crap or a filler.

So comment please. (:

Love,
Kourtney

& Thank my wonderful Devi!