Oh, How the Tables Have Turned

001

Today was field trip day; the day I hated most. Why, you ask? Well we left the security of the mansion, and had to be around people who probably had some idea of what we were, and hated us. Well not everyone’s like that; but most people are. And if we accidently used our powers, well things could get ugly. And today, we were at a museum.

My name’s Kitty Pryde, and I’m sixteen years old. I live at the Xavier School for the Gifted in New York. Referring to ‘the gifted’, it means mutants. My power is that I can walk through anything solid. I’d been here for a little over a year; I had come here when it had become too hard for me to go to school.

The only mutant I really knew before coming here was Logan. I’ve known Logan/Wolverine since I was really little. My dad was a mutant, and him and Logan were good friends. When my parents were killed, Logan helped me through it. Then, he started to travel more and more, and I saw less and less of him. To make a long story short, I came here just as Logan and Rogue got here. Little did I know that he’d be gone for this long. Now, I had new friends, and Storm, Scott and Jean looked at me like a little sister; I couldn’t argue with that.

The older kids didn’t have to go on any of the tours, we were allowed to just hang out. So it was myself, Rogue, Bobby, and John at a table. I took a sip of my water and laughed at something stupid Bobby said. These three people were my best friends besides the older X-Men, but I’ll get into all that later.

“My brother asked you a simple question.” There were these two guys asking John for a light, but he wouldn’t give them his lighter. He was being a jerk, but there was nothing we could do. So we watched.

“Why are you being such a dick?”

“Yeah, why are you being such a dick?” I rolled my eyes as John played with his lighter. Rogue was on the end of the table, then Bobby, then me, then John.

“Because I can.” John said, smiling. Bobby snickered, and I looked at Rogue. She shrugged. “Hmm.” John said as he lit the lighter again. I looked at the two guys, but looked away when one of them was staring at me. “Sorry, can’t help.”

“Knock it off.” Rogue said. There were people staring at us, and I felt uncomfortable. John just laughed.

“Why don’t you stop showing off?” Bobby asked.

“For her?” John asked, nodding to Rogue. “I can’t help it if your girlfriend’s excited.” I looked over at Rogue and saw her look away from the guy standing close to her, disgusted. I almost laughed, but managed to suppress it.

“I don’t think she’s excited.”

“Look, we’re just trying to have a good time.” John said, and I turned and looked at him, with a disbelieving look on my face.

“I think you’re the only one having a good time.” I said. John looked at me, and the guy who wanted a light grabbed the lighter out of his hand.

“Hey!” We all looked at him as he lit his cigarette. John got up and tried to walk to him, but his brother blocked his path. “That’s real cute man.” I looked at Bobby, and sighed. I knew a fight was going to start.

“What’re you gonna do?” The younger one asked. The older guy blew smoke in John’s face, and we all stood up. I took a step forward towards John. He chuckled, and shook his head slightly.

“Suddenly you’re not so tough.” The older one said. He took another drag of his cigarette. Before I could get close enough to John to stop him, he winked, and the cigarette ignited onto the guy, causing him to catch on fire and fall to the floor. He fell into a couple tables, and people jumped up and started yelling.

“Haha.” John said, laughing. I hit him on the arm, and he looked at me as if he didn’t deserve me hitting him. Bobby stepped forward, held out his hand, and put the fire out. Rogue and I exchanged glances as everyone looked at us. Then, all of a sudden, everything stopped.

“Bobby, what did you do?” Rogue asked. We all started looking around, confused. I walked back over to Bobby and Rogue, while John was still looking.

“I didn’t do this.” Bobby said.

“No. I did.” Xavier approached us, a stern look on his face. John looked at me and I sighed and turned to Xavier. He was probably pissed. “And the next time you feeling like showing off...don’t.” He said, mainly directed towards John.

“Breaking News.” Anyone who wasn’t frozen turned to the TV. “We’re coming to you live from Washington where there’s been an attack in the Oval Office of the White House.” I looked at Bobby, alarmed. He looked back at me, then at the television.

“I think it’s time to leave, professor.” Scott said. I looked at him, Jean and Storm, then back at Xavier. He nodded.

“I think you’re right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah. Tell me what you think I guess, and where I can improve! Because I definitely know I can improve. :P
And yes I know it's long; most of the chapters are because of how I write, I really had to edit this haha.