Status: Completed, sequel "Memories From Cherry Street" out!

Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My Life

Fourteen

She must have fallen asleep laying in the peaceful valley with the sunshine beating down on her face because the next thing she knew, she was being shaken awake. She screamed at the top of her lungs, scared out of her mind that she was going to be raped or killed. She suddenly stopped screaming as Dylan's face came into view.

"Stop laughing at me!" She scowled

He tried to quell his laughter, but didn't have much success "I'm sorry, but you should have seen the look on your face!"

She rolled her eyes, a thought suddenly occuring to her "Wait...how'd you know I was here"

He suddenly stopped laughing and turned dead serious. He opened his mouth to speak, hesitating. "I went to your house"

She looked up at him sharply "YOU DID WHAT!" she all but yelled. Suddenly, there were a thousand thoughts running through her head at once. What if her dad was there? What if he answered? Oh my god, what if he would have hurt Dylan? She couldn't believe he would go there after everything she had told him, everything she had warned him.

"I had to see if you were okay after what happend today" He explained.
She opened her mouth to speak again, but was shushed by him.

"Anyways, so I was standing there outside the house, not sure if I should knock or what, when the neighbor came out. She asked if I was there to see you and when I said yes she told me not to bother because you weren't there. I asked her where you went and she said she didn't know, only that you and your dad were into it again and you'd left hours ago. After that, I walked the streets for hours, pondering. I was trying to figure out where you were, where you would go. Then I remembered this place. I remembered the day I brought you here. Your smile just lit up the whole valley. From someone who's been through so much, it was great to be able to see just a simple thing could make you that happy" He finished, slowly turning his gaze back to her.

Wow, she was at loss for words. She didn't know what to think, what to say. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. It was like she was suddenly mute. Here he was, the boy she'd always hoped for, always dreamed about. She'd been waiting, for two years for someone like him to come and save her. Now he was right here in front of her, and all she could do was stare at him. What the fuck was wrong with her?

"I...I don't know what to say" She finally choked out

He grinned and leaned forward "Well, then don't say anything"

There lips suddenly met and she felt like a little kid, excited about her first crush. She couldn't help it though. It was just so easy being with him. As there kiss deepened, she couldn't help but wonder where this was going. Were they together or not? She was sick of not knowing.

He suddenly pulled away and smiled while looking into her eyes, she returned the smile as he leaned down to kiss her again. Oh well, she'd figure it all out a different time
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took me so long to post this, I had it almost completely finished the other day, but had to go so I saved it in my drafts. I don't know if any of you have heard about the "in-land hurricane" that happened in Southern Illinois, but that happens to be where I live and my power was out for almost a week. Oh well, at least i got it up, right?